+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGrinnz
  • 1 Post By Feine
  • 1 Post By Feine

Thread: CD on removing MoA?

Default CD on removing MoA?

Hello, just wondering if there is a cool down on removing the Mein of Aggression buff (or debuff depending on how you view it). I ask this because could one theoretically remove it, heal up, then just put it back on again when its time to DPS?

There's a 15 second cd on all of the Miens I believe. It is perfectly acceptable to switch if you know the fight and time it correctly.

I meant a CD on the effect leaving you. I cant seem to find one. is it possible to write a macro to remove a buff?

Just right-click the buff on your bar.

cancelbuff I believe

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by jaal View Post
    I meant a CD on the effect leaving you. I cant seem to find one. is it possible to write a macro to remove a buff?
    It is: /cancelbuff Mien of Aggression

No cooldown is triggered on the buff being cancelled. Miens have a shared cooldown of 15 seconds when they are cast.

The only problem with this macro is that it generates an unavoidable error message (not suppressed by /suppressmacrofailures) in the chat frame when you do not have the buff. You can work around this by creating a second chat frame with settings identical to the General one, and then using this as your main chat frame (the error will only appear in the General chat frame). This has problems of its own in that a few other things you might want to see also only appear in the General frame, like server messages and /who results, but these are livable with (you can still switch to the General frame when you want to see them).
    Feine / Dreamwing
    "No I in team"

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by jaal View Post
    Hello, just wondering if there is a cool down on removing the Mein of Aggression buff (or debuff depending on how you view it). I ask this because could one theoretically remove it, heal up, then just put it back on again when its time to DPS?
    I have a primarily DPS spec that has some Warden in it too. I have /cancelbuff Mien of Aggression macroed with my Warden healing spells (using the above work-around to get rid of the error message spam when I don't have MoA up).

Cancelling a buff is not on the global cooldown, and does not even count as casting a spell, so you are free to use it in macros with other spells.

I don't have MoA macroed on my DPS abilities, however, because it is on the global cooldown and as such would take away a GCD from DPSing. It's also not possible to use the [notactive] conditional to work around this (ie /cast [notactive] Mien of Aggression), because [notactive] only works with toggleable buffs (those where pressing the button again turns the effect off), which MoA isn't.

So I cancel MoA automatically when I use a healing spell, but reactivate it manually.
    Last edited by Feine; 05-30-2012 at 12:01 PM.
    Feine / Dreamwing
    "No I in team"

Thanks a lot guys this is going to be really helpful. Im druid/sentinel and going to macro the cancel buff along with touch of light.

+ Reply to Thread