+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Cleric PvP is a rip off

Default Cleric PvP is a rip off

As a cleric I'm not looking forward to 1.9 conquest at all. I'm starting to think that Trion doesn't like clerics at all.

We seem to always be the softest class, (PvP only, i am not talking about PvE) bar one patch where the warden were unkillable, but remember while we were healing ourselves we couldn't attack. Didn't take Trion long to fix that. It seems as the game progresses it gets worse. Sure they will throw us a bone every 2nd patch or so but the other 3 classes are so far ahead at the moment it's not funny anymore. I tried again today to spend some time in WF and have a bit of fun which I use to do a lot as any P40 will tell you but not only is it not fun anymore it has become frustrating. Who would do WF or the new Conquest to come when you spend most of the time in respawn.

I keep hearing other clerics say "I don't think were that bad, i do xxxx dps in xx" like i say it's not about PvE which i don't have a problem with it's PvP and I could top dps with my cab 51 in WF but it wouldn't kill anyone.
    I want to go TOE TO TOE one on one with the other 3 classes. In PvP. In WF and world map as a range cleric but it seems that not only is our armor made of paper our spells are way to weak.

I'm sick of the stuns, mana drain (what the hell do Trion want us to do without mana?) or im a god damn squirrel. As for the the spells in our PA who was the (warrior, mage, rogue) Dev who gave us two pathetic spells? One is funny - Retribution lol the 1.5 seconds it takes to cast this means instant death. Then there's Overload, does any cleric get anything from this?

I have all p40 gear. It means nothing. I hit a mage... a mage today with "fanaticism then sanction heretic" with 51 Inquisitor got him for next to no damage. I also have 91000 points in PA so my wiz, int, sp & sc are up. It makes no difference.

The way it is now Trion for this cleric is I think clerics should get a 50% refund because PvP is no fun because you have made it unenjoyable for us to play that part of the game and if you are getting this from a player who has played from day 1 and beta before that who loves the game ask yourself how many other clerics are fed up with being a cleric.

If any of you so called cleric trolls want to say that clerics are fine I'll take you as a Trion employee.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Last time I checked, Rift was a PvE game with optional PvP.

I'd say hold yourself until the next patch to see what it has in store.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Rift Disciple

28/38 justicar inquis. epic solo pvp spec. Not enough burst to kill a full healer and a chdom will just mana drain you. But rogues/warriors/clerics in dps specs are all things to face tank and kill.
    Fourtyfour

Rift Disciple

I figured out the secret to Cleric PVP. I rolled a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyNotHexxx View Post
    28/38 justicar inquis. epic solo pvp spec. Not enough burst to kill a full healer and a chdom will just mana drain you. But rogues/warriors/clerics in dps specs are all things to face tank and kill.
    1v1 isnt exactly "pvp" in my book. Its dueling. There are far more survival built dps these days then ever before so while it may work against squishy... non valor maxed dps players.... its not nearly as good as it sounds on paper when put into a practical realistic environment.

The main problem with clerics atm is that any sort of CC by a remotely decent player and were as good as dead. I am certainly tired of getting chain squirreled to death.... or stunned by a rogue while in full pvp gear and still dropping almost before the stun wears off... or having a warrior pull, stun, pull, punt, pull, and just for giggles... stun me again... all before finally deciding to swing twice and blow me up while im in 1300+ valor. And yea.. mana drains suck but tbh most of the time were dead or dying before that even affects us. We do not have the tools to deal with CC... especially repeated CC... and DR does little to stop the worst of the worst with regards to what will put us on our *****.

Now all that said.. its not quite as bad as its made out to be but yes.. id classify PvP as a cleric is not even remotely fun 90% of the time.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 06-01-2012 at 07:06 AM.

I've been with Rift since Beta, and have seen Clerics (in PvP) get worse and worse with every patch.
    We never get buffed, unless there is something else they're taking away which is as good or important.
    The other three classes need fodder for their killing blows count, and (in Trion's eyes) we must be it.

I used to PvP regularly... now, I never go to warfronts anymore.
    Spending 90% of a warfront CCed or respawning is not worth my time.
    Last edited by Kaelani; 06-01-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Telaran

Wasn't it 1.7 where you guys were 3 shotting people assuming good crit cng with BoD --> Nyssyr's --> SH?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tundy View Post
    Wasn't it 1.7 where you guys were 3 shotting people assuming good crit cng with BoD --> Nyssyr's --> SH?
    Oh we can still do that, you just need :

1. BoD proc, that means spamming BoJ standing still (but that's ok, warriors and rogue don't focus you if you do so)
    2. Nyssyr's CD up
    3. Being 51 inqui and endure people asking you to heal
    4. Being 51 inqui and that means squishy as hell, no heal, no teleport, nothing

But yeah you can do that every minute, then respawn.
    Oh and warriors/rogues do that to btw

Quote Originally Posted by Tundy View Post
    We can still 3 shot people in 51 inq. But your assuming 2 major things...

1: The person has little to no valor
    2: The person is in a very squishy dps spec

And additionally.. your also making the assumption that the person doesnt break out of Nyssyr's via various tools, or isnt immune off the bat and able to get away, get CC on us, or get healed.

People need to stop assuming the "perfect" situation and start accepting a realistic environment.

On paper is not the same as in practice
    Last edited by No_Exit; 06-01-2012 at 11:20 AM.

Prophet of Telara

You cant really 3 shot anyone but squishy speced undergeared people. And with R31s++ being basically half the population with all the bonus weekeneds and the lack of new players. At least on EU with 2 servers only left standing. You kill some bads here and there but for most part if you go DPS vs DPS 1 on 1 youre almost as good as dead

As far as 51 pt Inq being able to do crazy burst... that combo although the bread and butter of the class ain't what it used to be. It does indeed presume ideal conditions and damage amount isn't as high as it should be versus equally geared opponents. I'm P40 with full PvP gear and all the PvP essences, using the PvP synergy crystal and my burst damage is literally piss poor in comparison to warriors, rogues, and mages in combination with very poor survivability.

This isn't to say the class is entirely useless but it is relatively gimp compared to all the other callings DPS specs. Part of the success is knowing the limitations. It's a glass canon spec. Even with over 9k HP I'm an easy kill to basically anyone who knows how to smash a macro. Getting away by kiting is non-existent. Knockbacks, nyster's, purge, healing breath, vex, trepidation, I won't even mention bewilder, do very little to survive vs ANY other calling's prime DPS specs once they're on you -and they all out DPS us. We get that one combo, and it is effective when conditions are right. but once we're engaged we're toast. So the name of the game is to very very mindful of positioning, range, and LOS at all times and react immediately..always keeping an exit strategy in the very forefront. People like to talk about 51 INQs doing 6k in short succession. A) so what, what's 6k when they just smash your face in after that, but more importantly, B) vs same geared top ranked people it's lucky to be 3.5k -and then they smash your face in.
    Formerly Scarecrowe... now Skullcluck. I know, I need to L2P, thanks. Save your breath.
    If you want a healer so bad why don't you roll one up?

Telaran

I actually consider cleric to be the only balanced class at the moment. The problem is the other classes aren't in line. Mage is fairly close though with a few exceptions.

Rift Disciple

Honestly, I have no problem with the way clerics are right now.
    I can go glass cannon in warfronts and blow people up, but get blown up.
    I can heal myself and others well.
    Or i can hop around in a tankish spec and find 1v1s or 1v2s and be successful.
    Fourtyfour

Dhu
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrex View Post
    Last time I checked, Rift was a PvE game with optional PvP.

I'd say hold yourself until the next patch to see what it has in store.
    If thats so you need to remove so called "Open World PVP" from PVP servers and as for waiting for next patch what for? - another nerf to the cleric PVP?

To put it simply the whole PVP system is poorly thought out and implemented - PVP starts when the classes are balanced in 1v1 PVP and progresses from there in "World/Open PVP" - no comment on warfronts as that a one off environment.

PVP is about 1v1 with larger grps adding the team play concept to PVP, all combat is essentially about 1v1 skill which in larger parties you combine with working together.

Few basic changes to start to sort Open/World PVP in this game - NOTE only start

1) Remove factions - keep defs/guardians/races by all means, but everyone on rift should be able to pvp anyone/mixed def/guardian guilds (only possible exception would be fellow guild members)
    2) Armour/Weapons - either remove valor/vengence or all items should have them (no time to change kit when your jumped in open/world pvp)
    3) Balance players on a 1v1 basis, then it comes down to how good you are at playing your char and the old favourite Lag
    4) Stuns/break frees etc - Limited but same number/type for each class - would suggest 4 in total 2 each in the PVP attunement

Quite honestly i think currently the open/world pvp is the worst i have ever encountered in any game i have played - especially 1v1 at the moment it comes down to how many stuns/breaks you have or in the case of clerics if you can stay alive long enoegh to hit an HP pot then die - Clerics in PVP are all about survival and either boring your opponent to death or wearing them down. At the moment you can do neither.

I hate being squishy, but the best way to handle it is to pocket heal a smart mage.

Farewell, Rift! Perhaps we'll meet again.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast