+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Cleric PvP is a rip off

Quote Originally Posted by Fadern View Post
    ... and repeat.
    As soon as you get into any sort of duel you are dead.

Now ofc, that is a glassglasscannon, but cleric doesn't have any other competetive spec.
    Cleric glasscannon spec vs warriors glasscannon will be 0% - 70% hp after a duel.

A cleric dps has to stand in a large group, behind everyone, doing the sh+bod and then hide+hb, that is all we can do and if we try doing anything solo with any spec we will die.
    Considering all I do is chase people in my vids lawl.....Maybe thats all you can do dont imprint that on the cleric community. I can't help people following me. But look at my old stuff and my new stuff today. I go after anyone which leads into death when it shouldn't but thats fun.

Check this one out its yesterday and to be fair i did 2 types of games in dex. One where we won one where we lost. The games were vastly different in outcome. But the way i played is no different the way i killed no different. Samething its not hard im not a glass cannon and at the end i let it roll on a situation.
    I just finish killing 3 people and ran into a ambush that took 3 people awhile to kill me. In another situation i lived thru another warrior ambush and killed him a elemental warrior no less who got the jump lol.....Weak we are not just need to be in the right hands to be powerful. Dare I say it cleric pve/pvp is not noob friendly i think thats the heart of the whining.

But that is a totally different topic...
    Anyway me 1.8 Style Glass cannon huh lol nope

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPcuH...3&feature=plcp

is 2 months ago good enough for you? im currently playing diablo so I dont have anything more current
    Nice vid bishop and oh my you don't appear squishy or glass cannony at all smh. This is what i'm talking about its the player not the game.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Silentstorm View Post
    Nice vid bishop and oh my you don't appear squishy or glass cannony at all smh. This is what i'm talking about its the player not the game.
    That video does not represent the upper echelon (potential) of cleric PvP, and I hope no one drools over it.

But that is a totally different topic...
    Anyway me 1.8 Style Glass cannon huh lol nope

What exactly were you trying to prove with this video. For one.. your not hitting all that hard. Now granted against a full valor target your not going to 3 shot someone but even so.... Secondly.. in the first dex the only reason you had survivability was assist heals which you can clearly see are consistently on you. At no point during the video did i see you survive without assist healing. Even a glass cannon can live through a lot with good support. You also don't appear to face any true threat in the video with regards to warriors.

I dont make videos of myself pvping because i simply don't pvp enough or care to put in the effort for something i don't think is all that big a deal. I wouldn't call clerics weak... and i can certainly handle one... but that doesn't mean i dont think they need some help and some buffs for balance.

All the screens below i believe are post 1.8 (not sure on scion).. and they are not posted with the intent of showing numbers. I can be mowed down just fine in my glass cannon spec if someone is built for it and i lose as often as i win depending on how skilled the person i am facing is, what their builds are, and what their valor is. Im simply making a point that yes... in competent hands it can be a beast, but that doesnt mean it cant easily be countered and it certainly doesn't mean the class doesn't need help.

51 inq PvE build (im a pve player and need all my spec slots for PvE)
    2-2.3k valor depending on what im wearing
    No PA points in PvP tree. All points are in stats.

Non blowout codex wins:
    http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/452/codexwin.png
    http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/2681/codexwin2.png
    http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/4172/codexwin3.png

51 inq in scion can work just fine for those that only advocate Cab.
    http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/5287/scionwin.png

With just a few helper heals... one can control a warfront at times:
    http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/723/librarywin.png
    Last edited by No_Exit; 06-08-2012 at 02:59 PM.

It shows exactly what i was saying before in the older video nothing changed. It's just that now more power is out there you have to be more careful. With that said you are aggreeing with what I been saying its the player not the system no exit.

It shows exactly what i was saying before in the older video nothing changed. It's just that now more power is out there you have to be more careful. With that said you are aggreeing with what I been saying its the player not the system no exit.
    You missed my point. Im saying that i can put out the numbers... but i disagree that the system doesnt need some work. I think it DOES need work. I also think that just because a player puts up numbers, or "thinks" they are putting up numbers... DOES NOT MEAN that the class is fine. It also certainly doesnt mean that the environment they are putting numbers out in... is balanced.

If i face a team with zero valor and i 1 shot everyone... the misconception is that clerics are OP.
    If i face a team with max valor and a bunch of RB warriors and i get rolled... the misconception is that clerics need help.

You have to take a broader view then what you personally are seeing.
    Last edited by No_Exit; 06-08-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Rift Disciple

@BishopX video.
    One patch changed alot
    Your team is owning your opponent.
    You are doing bad dmg.
    You got 3 healers during patch 1.7.
    You were basicly ignored by the other team the entire match.
    You only got nuked once and you died.
    You are keyboard-turning.

@Silentstorm video.
    Finally a video that makes some sence.
    3 times you were attacked:
    First time you got jumped you had 7 other teamm8's against a lonely warrior and you were 5% from death.
    Second time you got nuked to 10% by a marksmen in 3 seconds within his silence and you had to run away.
    Third time you had a duel with a mage and in the very end a rogue came whom you feared. The battle ended up you beeing dead and the mage at 95%.(Must have been cause of the rogue riiiight?)

You are showing videos of your team owning your opponent. But I guess it was because of you right?
    You are just like I said in one of my posts, standing in safety zone, doing our sh+boj, hide+hb.
    That is not skill and it sure isn't balanced.
    Furthermore you did not show a single duel(where you survived), just you jumping into a fight doing our burst against people with really bad gear and/or at 50% hp occupied with your teamm8's.

... scratch that about makeing sence.
    You are a mediocer player at best, showing a real noob video claiming anything about balance.

Fine, I know a couple of posters in this thread isn't playing clerics so I guess it makes sence they doesn't want any buffs for us. But how a couple of you who is playing a cleric, thinking the situation is fine is beyond me.
    But sure, stay in this game playing cleric pvp, I was looking forward to 1.9, saving up favor and everything but I'm not really sure anymore.

If you want to see a good pvp class this is another class that you can play in rift:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3Yfzk47j6k

lol fadern your just a bad pvper you know how many guys hit me up laughing at this? You literally said clerics die in one on one fights rofl. That is where your done and should stop posting. But feel free to keep wasting everyones time whining. Btw I showed certain aspecs on purpose to show you can take a beating. The rogue out ranged me so it was no point in trying to get close when you already at a loss. People will post otherwise this whole thread you will just whine and say we cant win. But the fact is we do you must not. I posted the losing fight on purpose my team wasnt owning anything dying around me even. Yet I still was killing the other team.

Your just a bad pvper whining and showing no proof of what you even crying about. People are showing otherwise so you are done dismissed baddie.

No exit that was a premade I faced the same team just about back to back. Which is why its not that easy to hit them with high numbers.

You want higher dps lol you know how imbalanced we be with higher dps.
    Bewilder instant cast well mages squirrel is insta with points spent no thx to that
    Water jet hit for more mine hits for 1400 crits sometimes lol yea thats messed up if it starts doing 2k
    Healing do more in warfronts it does plenty lol...Ever try and kill someone focus healed or even half *** incar chloro healed. Yea good luck if its buffed further
    Lack of defense? Wtf you can heal knock back silence fear port strip buffs. You want a uber shield or massive armor too? Be serious thats not going to happen.

See what i mean ask for things that improve function not things that overbalance. You wonder why its getting ignored. All you want is the cake and the cake factory be real.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    That video does not represent the upper echelon (potential) of cleric PvP, and I hope no one drools over it.
    I said it was a nice vid not that he was a pvp god lol....Also its melee something that alot of us don't do. I tried even still try but its just not fun. But i have a new experiment i'm trying hopefully that build i made will introduce something else for us to do.

Champion

Some of the videos i saw, by those stating that cleric pvp isnt so bad, showed keyboard turning, mouseclicking abilities, and evidence that unfortunately, they dont have realistic idea of their own skill level(low), or how outclassed clerics are in general when it comes to pvp. Here are just of the few key points that make clerics extraordinarily underpowered:

Other classes have much better purge options than clerics do(spammable vs 10 sec cd)
    Other classes have access to healing debuffs that reduce healing done by 50%.
    This reduces our survivability a great deal, while the other classes have as much or more self healing, with no deduff.
    Rogues not only cut our healing in half, they then take half of whats left for themselves.
    A good pvp spec mage for instance, will mana burn you to zero, making you totally useless, while easily tanking your damage and staying healed up. Thats if he is toying with you, he can blow you up at any moment with his black minions of death unless you get a lucky instant purge.
    Assasin rogue will burn you from full health to zero in 6 seconds with full valor. If you have all cd's up(breakfree/excommunicate etc.), you will last 10-12, die and not get the rogue to half health.

In any 1v1 situation, the other classes do at least equivalent damage with more healing, while debuffing our heals, or more damage with the same heals.

Im bringing up 1v1 because its hard to evaluate comparable pvp effectiveness in a large group. Some semblance of balance 1v1 translates fairly well into group balance not taking a primary healing role into effect.

I feel fairly comfortable stating that a well played r40 dps, pvp spec cleric has almost no chance against any other class, same scenario.
    Last edited by stefe; 06-09-2012 at 11:44 AM.

When I get more time ill play and show more 1 on 1's.
    Using a assassin as a example is bad because they do that to anyone let alone a cleric.
    Btw overload is a god send I made a overload/Healing Breath/Hot macro for a oh no button. And use crushing wave and excommunicate. Depends on the fight can i go full power 51inq 10 sent 5 cab or do i go more utility and survival 51inq 10 sent 5 war.

Last night I tried playing around with sham combo's some worked some was a disaster. I'll post what I tried win lose or draw.

Champion

...And use crushing wave and excommunicate...
    Great, now what do you do when a geared warrior simply comes straight back at you, CC's you with either their slow, root, stun, rift walk root, bull rush stun and can silence you?

Same goes for rs/whatever.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    Great, now what do you do when a geared warrior simply comes straight back at you, CC's you with either their slow, root, stun, rift walk root, bull rush stun and can silence you?

Same goes for rs/whatever.
    He doesn't include it in his next video.

All they do matter of fact it happen in my new vid.
    Break Free/Overload/Crushing Wave or Excommunicate

From there determine the warrior good ones end up right back on you. So stall healing breath vex sanction heretic which if you get a good hit. That combined with overload hurting them has the warrior at 40% non help of healing and has them hesitating. If they are being healed your still stalling hoping you get help too. Until either break free immunity is gone fear them again repeat the other steps kite. I keep saying its not easy mode but you can do it. Thats just within the spec i use many variations exist to help you out. Hell if you go 12 into justicar you can throw a defense mein up and stall that way too. That actually works very well the down side is you won't kill anyone who has some kind of heals. But they won't kill you faster either. All of this doesn't factor in being jumped. It's usually a team environment you can't complain on that where's your team? Did you rambo out thinking you own everything and get jumped?

Up to you to decide which suits your fancy or what team do you have. When I see i got alot of killers on my side i go pvp icar. It's more beneficial to keep all of them alive then me run around on a rampage. On the other hand when I see we have no killers and im just healing people going to die. I'll go killer mode so we atleast get some points out of the loss from my kills and not just a sad steamroll.

Awww the baddie fadern returns actually that scenario did happen. And i did exactly what i said here I stalled when the overload/healing breath knock away tactic guess what he died i didn't. And like i todl the other guy look at my healing ticks slow it down. Look really closely reparation and life giving did like 2-8 hp ticks lol they didnt save me. Overload/HB and vex did don't listen to noobs like fadern who just want easy mode because they cant fight themselves. And i'm still waiting for his vid showing his proof. All he is doing is whining with nothing behind it other then I or we suck. Post something or honestly get out of here complaining.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast