+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Cleric PvP is a rip off

Rift Disciple

Roflmao Silentstorm, what patch is that? 1.2?

Sorry but that has to take the price at not beeing the proof of a good cleric at patch 1.8.

Actually if you look at the whole thing its from the whole year at different points. The point of it was at no point was cleric bad. And yes some of that was from 1.8 it's over a span of the whole year i said that in the video. And I also originally said no matter what patch I adjusted. Nothing changed in 1.8 if anything I got more dangerous and powerful.

All I see is whining like i said you got proof show us otherwise or **** complaining. Learn to adjust and do your thing.

You get points for not reading what I said 100 points.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Silentstorm View Post
    Actually if you look at the whole thing its from the whole year at different points. The point of it was at no point was cleric bad. And yes some of that was from 1.8 it's over a span of the whole year i said that in the video. And I also originally said no matter what patch I adjusted. Nothing changed in 1.8 if anything I got more dangerous and powerful.

All I see is whining like i said you got proof show us otherwise or **** complaining. Learn to adjust and do your thing.

Stop with your lies, there is not a single second of that video that is from 1.8.
    Last edited by Fadern; 06-07-2012 at 01:39 PM.

Again i didnt say thier was your comprehension is bad man. Since you can't read I'll repeat what i said above. That cleric pvp was never bad and isn't struggling. I said my sig was proof of that.Nowhere did i say it was a 1.8 video i even say what it is in the video. It's not my fault your a troll who can't read back under the bridge with you.Also what I did say about 1.8 is that nothings changed. And not that my video was a 1.8 video thats what you wanted to read. But not the reality of what i said. Don't worry season 2 videos are being made now. I'll show you nothing is wrong with us.

Btw you really think something magically changed in 1.8 that make me NOT do what ive always been doing no lol.....Like i said nothing changed if anything i got stronger and more toys.....

Rift Disciple

Again i didnt say thier was your comprehension is bad man. Since you can't read I'll repeat what i said above. That cleric pvp was never bad and isn't struggling. I said my sig was proof of that.Nowhere did i say it was a 1.8 video i even say what it is in the video. It's not my fault your a troll who can't read back under the bridge with you.Also what I did say about 1.8 is that nothings changed. And not that my video was a 1.8 video thats what you wanted to read. But not the reality of what i said. Don't worry season 2 videos are being made now. I'll show you nothing is wrong with us.

Btw you really think something magically changed in 1.8 that make me NOT do what ive always been doing no lol.....Like i said nothing changed if anything i got stronger and more toys.....
    Maybe you should learn how to read your own posts?

If you read your own post you said some of that was 1.8
    In reallity your video wasn't from 1.7
    In reallity your video wasn't from 1.6
    I also really would doubt it was from 1.5 or even 1.4.

How can you possably show a video that is most likley atleast 8 months old, claiming its proof of the current situation for clerics?
    Furthermore you are spamming aoe in scion?, way back in safety zone, I saw one blue geared warrior hitting you once!
    You call that skill?
    But your right, alot of cleric souls hasn't changed that mutch over the year, but other classes have. ALOT. Alot of classes scale very different due to gear and valor changes over the last 8 months, combine that with 3-5 patches(meaning after your video) of balance I would defenitly say that some magics have happened to alot of classes and souls.

If you would post a video of Stormcallers from 1.2 they were freaking gods back then. Does that mean they are competetive now?

I'm not gonna be rude but I seriously hope your a troll.

Champion

Yea really post proof otherwise my example is out there. All I'm saying is its not sky falling as complainers always want you to think it is. And if you feel as such post the proof not omg i suck statements or we suck. That is just a opinion that maybe based off of lack of knowledge in the class.
    I didn't say you suck, sorry if you took it that way, but the fact a cleric can do okay on an Inq or Cab is not proof of anything, no one claims cleric DPS means utterly useless, simply it is not on a par with other classes.

I have an r40 cleric, r40 rogue and r35 mage; that occasionally I come top in a WF on my cleric for DPS/KB (DPS is difficult as I tend to play Inq) and that generally I do fine on it (i.e - in the top 5 overall and I am still short of 3 r8 bits of PvP gear, nor have hk/id weapons) does not alter the fact that as an overall package cleric DPS is behind my rogue and mage.

In melee terms cleric is pretty hopeless you can either play a hybrid that heals or some sort of fairly survivable troll (though actually will go down quicker than certain rogue builds and do less damage) that doesn't actually do much DPS, in comparison to my rogue it is a mile behind.

For ranged cab is fine, but then for that sort of thing sab is now better and SC is fine, which leaves Inq, nice burst if the countdowns are up, shame the CC sucks in a game where knockbacks are rendered weak because 90% of melee player use either RB or RS in theri souls, that Nsyr's rebuke is useless against anyone with a clue who is CC immune/ has break free up and knows to interrupt and that outside of those countdowns my Inq will be inferior to my pyrodom in just about every way from DPS to survivability (burning bonds, flicker, disarm, squirrel, arresting presence, absorb shields etc > knockbacks, slow, vex heal, healing breath).

Do you play the other classes?
    Last edited by Flimble; 06-07-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Nah your the troll or bored and straying off the topic. Again like I said cleric was never bad and it still isnt now. If you got anything to say on that go on if not save it we dont care. Btw yes some clips was from 1.8 i clearly have 1.8 buffs on the bar. But you are just one of those bafoons who wants to have something to say even if its not even helping the topic take the hint and go away or help the topic. Annoying guys like you misreading things is uncalled for. Moving along.......someone post proof of clerics doing bad somewhere in a geared environment where you are clearly trying and doing things right. My opinion would change then but like i said earlier its just people complaining without proper know how.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post

Do you play the other classes?
    Yea I do play other classes and thats like what i said above. You can compete and beat people I do it all the time. But its not easy and less room for error then say a 36-30 pyro mage. Or even a warrior or rogue. It's like your asking for the class to be dumbed down so people can compete. It's already pretty simple to dps. It's just not as forgiving to catch up from mistakes as other classes. The only thing i can tell you for that is practice getting perfect on rotations. Then come back and say if its really that bad.

Problem with that is alot of people won't do that and just reroll. Then come here and say the class needs a buff. When really it doesnt maybe just needs better understanding.

Rift Disciple

Nah your the troll or bored and straying off the topic. Again like I said cleric was never bad and it still isnt now. If you got anything to say on that go on if not save it we dont care. Btw yes some clips was from 1.8 i clearly have 1.8 buffs on the bar. But you are just one of those bafoons who wants to have something to say even if its not even helping the topic take the hint and go away or help the topic. Annoying guys like you misreading things is uncalled for. Moving along.......someone post proof of clerics doing bad somewhere in a geared environment where you are clearly trying and doing things right. My opinion would change then but like i said earlier its just people complaining without proper know how.
    In patch 1.6 the menubar was changed. Lier.

Yep your a troll cant even stay on topic.

A lot of the clips are really old and even the worst player could put together clips that make them look good. I'm not saying you're bad but your proof is. I kill 10 or so players in a wf. Edit out the eight deaths and poof I'm godly.

Quote Originally Posted by dead2soon View Post
    A lot of the clips are really old and even the worst player could put together clips that make them look good. I'm not saying you're bad but your proof is. I kill 10 or so players in a wf. Edit out the eight deaths and poof I'm godly.
    I actually did post a score where I was 36-4 check out the video posted a week before screenshots. I posted all my warfront screens in a slide show i was 30 kills plus. But this video isnt about showing how many kills I can get in a warfront. It was about showing different situations and outcomes. And btw its just the best of videos already up on my channel. Where i'm clearly running around minutes without dying and killing anything in my way.

Once again you really think in 1.8 something magical happens that I wouldnt be able to do that? I mean come on stop it stop whining get out there practice make it work. It's not hard matter of fact next conquest test on the PTS. I'll post a full 10 minutes of that and put it right here.

PS just did a WF same result did the samethings nothing is different. It's the player not the system.

I've did full inquisitor and it did great but grew tired of all the crying about not healing. I'm nowhere near the top killer as hybrid but I get less crying now. I think most of the complaints about cleric pvp is because of the warden rapage. Basically killed off our best pvp healing soul.

When i see we are low on healing i quickly go into senticar. Less kills like you said but everyone lives longer. It has it's own fun to be had too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fadern View Post
    I agree with OP.

1. With the healing nerf why does waterjet still hit for 300dmg?
    2. Why does the shield "item" seem so crappy for clerics in pvp?
    3. Why is Bewilder a 1,5 sec cast? and why does it break so easy?
    4. Why cannot we aswell spend a 15 points in a tank tree without nerfing our dmg with 50%?
    5. Why do we have to sacrifice so mutch to get in pair in dmg with the other classes? See Armor of Awakening and Mien of Aggression, Mien of Leadership etc?
    6. Why does all our snares suck compared to other classes?
    7. Why do I feel handicapped when I am using a channeling spell?
    8. Why is healing not fun at all anymore unless I see a superman-warrior?
    9. With the super-nerf to healing why is Eredicate still around?
    10. With the super-nerf to healing why is Lingering wounds still around?
    11. How come a Nighblade selfheals him more than a cleric in a duel?
    12. Why does overload suck so insane?
    13. How come the only healing debuff is 44 points deep in our pet soul?
    14. What on earth is Maelstrom still doing in the game?
    15. What does Nebulous Haze do?
    16.Why AoE stun lasts 'great' 2 seconds and is on gcd ?
    17.Why only one healing soul have (crappy) mana regeneration skill ?
    18.What does Divine pardon still do as 38 pts skill in dps tree. For last 15 pts in inquisitor till NR we get Divine pardon & shroud of agony - both so useful in PvP and PvE.
    19.Why are passives still at 36 skill points ???
    20.Really, why our only decent CC - Bewilder isn't instant cast when all similar abilities of other classes are? Why does it breaks on first tick of vex when i can soak up to 3 fireballs before squirrel breaks up?
    21.Why is perseverance on 2 min cd ?
    22.Why purge, with 10 secs cd, isn't smart spell ? So when reflect is on i won't purge 2 stacks of searing vitality ?
    23. So, once again, why are we so short on CC utility and even shorter on counter CC abilities ? ....
    30.Why is our dev so quiet ? Does he think clerics are perfectly fine ? Has he ever stepped into warfront playing cleric ? Are we waiting for rogue to give us permission and suggestion for much needed dps (and survivability) buff again ?
    Last edited by Mauzeer; 06-07-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Evandro, Retired

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast