+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 129
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Cleric PvP is a rip off

  1. #16
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Cleric is so gimp now. Especially the healing in pvp.

    Has anyone ever seen our Cleric Dev on the PTS in pvp? Just wondering?
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  2. #17
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    I agree with OP.



    1. With the healing nerf why does waterjet still hit for 300dmg?
    2. Why does the shield "item" seem so crappy for clerics in pvp?
    3. Why is Bewilder a 1,5 sec cast? and why does it break so easy?
    4. Why cannot we aswell spend a 15 points in a tank tree without nerfing our dmg with 50%?
    5. Why do we have to sacrifice so mutch to get in pair in dmg with the other classes? See Armor of Awakening and Mien of Aggression, Mien of Leadership etc?
    6. Why does all our snares suck compared to other classes?
    7. Why do I feel handicapped when I am using a channeling spell?
    8. Why is healing not fun at all anymore unless I see a superman-warrior?
    9. With the super-nerf to healing why is Eredicate still around?
    10. With the super-nerf to healing why is Lingering wounds still around?
    11. How come a Nighblade selfheals him more than a cleric in a duel?
    12. Why does overload suck so insane?
    13. How come the only healing debuff is 44 points deep in our pet soul?
    14. What on earth is Maelstrom still doing in the game?
    15. What does Nebulous Haze do?

  3. #18
    Rift Disciple FaunaShaman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    149

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    As a cleric I'm not looking forward to 1.9 conquest at all. I'm starting to think that Trion doesn't like clerics at all.

    We seem to always be the softest class, (PvP only, i am not talking about PvE) bar one patch where the warden were unkillable, but remember while we were healing ourselves we couldn't attack. Didn't take Trion long to fix that. It seems as the game progresses it gets worse. Sure they will throw us a bone every 2nd patch or so but the other 3 classes are so far ahead at the moment it's not funny anymore. I tried again today to spend some time in WF and have a bit of fun which I use to do a lot as any P40 will tell you but not only is it not fun anymore it has become frustrating. Who would do WF or the new Conquest to come when you spend most of the time in respawn.

    I keep hearing other clerics say "I don't think were that bad, i do xxxx dps in xx" like i say it's not about PvE which i don't have a problem with it's PvP and I could top dps with my cab 51 in WF but it wouldn't kill anyone.
    I want to go TOE TO TOE one on one with the other 3 classes. In PvP. In WF and world map as a range cleric but it seems that not only is our armor made of paper our spells are way to weak.

    I'm sick of the stuns, mana drain (what the hell do Trion want us to do without mana?) or im a god damn squirrel. As for the the spells in our PA who was the (warrior, mage, rogue) Dev who gave us two pathetic spells? One is funny - Retribution lol the 1.5 seconds it takes to cast this means instant death. Then there's Overload, does any cleric get anything from this?

    I have all p40 gear. It means nothing. I hit a mage... a mage today with "fanaticism then sanction heretic" with 51 Inquisitor got him for next to no damage. I also have 91000 points in PA so my wiz, int, sp & sc are up. It makes no difference.

    The way it is now Trion for this cleric is I think clerics should get a 50% refund because PvP is no fun because you have made it unenjoyable for us to play that part of the game and if you are getting this from a player who has played from day 1 and beta before that who loves the game ask yourself how many other clerics are fed up with being a cleric.

    If any of you so called cleric trolls want to say that clerics are fine I'll take you as a Trion employee.

    I agree that Cleric PVP has gone very sour, and if we don't heal, rouges that could bard yell at us n tell us to f-ing heal... Sometimes i get a BG with 7 rouges and 0 will bard, surprise surprise...

    but on a side note... what did you find was the quickest way to PA level up?? I'm no where near 91000!

  4. #19
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Man, being the only healer in the PVP metagame must suck so hard.
    ~Quiescent

  5. #20
    Sword of Telara MickNico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FaunaShaman View Post
    I agree that Cleric PVP has gone very sour, and if we don't heal, rouges that could bard yell at us n tell us to f-ing heal... Sometimes i get a BG with 7 rouges and 0 will bard, surprise surprise...

    but on a side note... what did you find was the quickest way to PA level up?? I'm no where near 91000!
    If you want to level up do daily Chronicles, WF quest and DRR. All 3 pay 150k exp points. The rest is grinding in IA, and doing events when they come up. Or you could do onslaught quest in EI.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

  6. #21
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Yes, yes, another thread where someone complains about warden nerfs and hasn't tried Senticar in PvP.

    Another thread where clearly someone is playing 51 Inquisitor incorrectly, because it has a good deal of survivability (spammable vex on multiple targets + Healing Breath) and can dish out extreme damage, not to mention the CCs that either 51 Inq or 51 Cab brings.

    If there is actual damage going out I will always top HPS as Senticar. The rare times we have several healers already that aren't wearing blues and greens, I top DPS as 51 Inquisitor or in some cases Cabicar (Black Garden)
    Last edited by Ahov; 06-05-2012 at 11:27 AM.

  7. #22
    Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Anyone who thinks clerics are on a par as an overall DPS package is frankly delusional, for ST cleric DPS is a joke, every melee spec is utterly inferior to numerous rogue and warrior specs, all a cleric really has for melee is hybrid / troll specs, no real full on DPS.

    As for ranged, Inq does great burst, when the cooldowns are up, the rest of the time it is of course inferior to pyro, pyrodom, MM, etc, with inferior CC, laughable mobility, just the one CC breaker, etc.

    Sure a cleric DPS can do well, but only for a cleric, I never see clerics post the outrageous KB / DPS that mages / rogues / pocket healed warriors do (again comparing single target).

    Of course feel free to look at the awesome KB streaks clerics have on the leaderboard top 50, currently there is not a single cleric in the top 50 on the NA board and just 2 on the EU (English) board, tremble at that cleric DPS...
    Last edited by Flimble; 06-05-2012 at 12:04 PM.

  8. #23
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    Anyone who thinks clerics are on a par as an overall DPS package is frankly delusional, for ST cleric DPS is a joke, every melee spec is utterly inferior to numerous rogue and warrior specs, all a cleric really has for melee is hybrid / troll specs, no real full on DPS.

    As for ranged, Inq does great burst, when the cooldowns are up, the rest of the time it is of course inferior to pyro, pyrodom, MM, etc, with inferior CC, laughable mobility, just the one CC breaker, etc.

    Sure a cleric DPS can do well, but only for a cleric, I never see clerics post the outrageous KB / DPS that mages / rogues / pocket healed warriors do (again comparing single target).

    Of course feel free to look at the awesome KB streaks clerics have on the leaderboard top 50, currently there is not a single cleric in the top 50 on the NA board and just 2 on the EU (English) board, tremble at that cleric DPS...
    Uh, that's usually because clerics are healing. Warfronts are won and lost based on healing, so you have a much smaller percentage of clerics DPSing compared to warriors, rogues, or mages.

    The potential is there, however.
    Last edited by Ahov; 06-05-2012 at 04:35 PM.

  9. #24
    Champion of Telara Hikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Yes, yes, another thread where someone complains about warden nerfs and hasn't tried Senticar in PvP.

    Another thread where clearly someone is playing 51 Inquisitor incorrectly, because it has a good deal of survivability (spammable vex on multiple targets + Healing Breath) and can dish out extreme damage, not to mention the CCs that either 51 Inq or 51 Cab brings.

    If there is actual damage going out I will always top HPS as Senticar. The rare times we have several healers already that aren't wearing blues and greens, I top DPS as 51 Inquisitor or in some cases Cabicar (Black Garden)
    Ahov, please, no more **** pvp banter from you eh.

  10. #25
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Uh, that's usually because clerics are healing. Warfronts are won and lost based on healing, so you have a much smaller percentage of clerics DPSing compared to warriors, rogues, or mages.

    The potential is there, however.
    Lol, according to other threads us Clerics have stopped healing and started to dps in warfronts and according to those players we are the most useless pice of crap atm.

    So no.

  11. #26
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fadern View Post
    Lol, according to other threads us Clerics have stopped healing and started to dps in warfronts and according to those players we are the most useless pice of crap atm.

    So no.
    Those same players who stopped healing because they couldn't adapt to a patch (i.e. switch out from nerfed warden and start using Senticar or really any other spec) are bad players and don't speak for clerics.

    As always, you can't compare classes based on grandmothers or otherwise "the average players". It's an unfair view. You must always look for changes based on the top-tier players. If trion listened to "the average player" you would see clerics with 60% dmg modifier on mien of aggression because they don't know how to dps.
    Last edited by Ahov; 06-05-2012 at 11:49 PM.

  12. #27
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Those same players who stopped healing because they couldn't adapt to a patch (i.e. switch out from nerfed warden and start using Senticar or really any other spec) are bad players and don't speak for clerics.

    As always, you can't compare classes based on grandmothers or otherwise "the average players". It's an unfair view. You must always look for changes based on the top-tier players. If trion listened to "the average player" you would see clerics with 60% dmg modifier on mien of aggression because they don't know how to dps.
    I am playing Senticar the few times I am healing in wf's.

    1. Alot of the clerics have stopped healing because healing is not that mutch fun anymore, and I would guess alot of the clerics who been playing for a while might not want to play senticar.

    2. If you say that Clerics are fine because 1, 2 maybe 3 Clerics in the world is doing okay, it's still not balanced. If clerics would be fine but just super super hard to understand and play, well then the class wouldn't be balanced. Then the mechanics of the class is poorly implemented.

    3. If say the game would be balanced it's still a big problem becasue in that case 99% of the "above avarage" player base do not play cleric. Then the problem would be that the class is way to complicated to play, or just not that interresting for those "above avarage" players.

  13. #28
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fadern View Post
    I am playing Senticar the few times I am healing in wf's.

    1. Alot of the clerics have stopped healing because healing is not that mutch fun anymore, and I would guess alot of the clerics who been playing for a while might not want to play senticar.

    2. If you say that Clerics are fine because 1, 2 maybe 3 Clerics in the world is doing okay, it's still not balanced. If clerics would be fine but just super super hard to understand and play, well then the class wouldn't be balanced. Then the mechanics of the class is poorly implemented.

    3. If say the game would be balanced it's still a big problem becasue in that case 99% of the "above avarage" player base do not play cleric. Then the problem would be that the class is way to complicated to play, or just not that interresting for those "above avarage" players.

    1. Bingo. People don't want to change specs and that has nothing to do with a balance issue because the good specs are still there. I find Senticar enthralling to play. If someone else does not like Senticar, that does not mean you suddenly count it out.

    2. 38/28 is a very difficult spec for mages in PvE; just because it's difficult you wouldn't call them unbalanced on the low-end. (They are the top potential Single-Target DPSers in PvE)

    3. I did not imply that 99% of above-average players do not play a Cleric. I stated that most of the good clerics are healing warfronts and carrying them in that manner, while only a few good clerics are DPSing. This is why you will see a small proportion of clerics even competing for killing blows. The few times I DPS in a warfront as 51 Inquisitor, I usually top the KB.

  14. #29
    Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Uh, that's usually because clerics are healing. Warfronts are won and lost based on healing, so you have a much smaller percentage of clerics DPSing compared to warriors, rogues, or mages.

    The potential is there, however.
    Whilst I agree healing is normally the most important thing a cleric can do in a WF, it is also irrelevant to what I wrote.

    There are plenty of clerics that DPS at least a significant amount of time in WF, some nearly all the time (especially since 1.8), I never see clerics put out the really high DPS/KB or KB to deaths that good rogues/mages/pocket healed warriors do (I'm talking single target builds, outside of cab), just cleics that sometimes do good "for a cleric".

    As for the kill streak leader board, you don't have to play a lot to get it on, there are people on those that play relatively little, just not a single cleric (or 2 in the EU, whoopee!), there is a reason for that, clerics as an all round DPS package are second rate.
    Last edited by Flimble; 06-06-2012 at 02:12 AM.

  15. #30
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    Whilst I agree healing is normally the most important thing a cleric can do in a WF, it is also irrelevant to what I wrote.

    There are plenty of clerics that DPS at least a significant amount of time in WF, some nearly all the time (especially since 1.8), I never see clerics put out the really high DPS/KB or KB to deaths that good rogues/mages/pocket healed warriors do (I'm talking single target builds, outside of cab), just cleics that sometimes do good "for a cleric".

    As for the kill streak leader board, you don't have to play a lot to get it on, there are people on those that play relatively little, just not a single cleric (or 2 in the EU, whoopee!), there is a reason for that, clerics as an all round DPS package are second rate.
    That's also assuming all of those DPS clerics are playing a proper spec such as 51 Inquisitor. I see a ton of Shaman specs and -icars, which are more built for survivability than killing blows.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts