+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Nnnxia

Thread: Because we were just that bad...right?

Default Because we were just that bad...right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wdVF0c6pic
    vs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4XAp63zO14

Yup Trion Deve team your just all ways on top of your game.
    The videos show the out put for cleric dps in pvp vs warrior dps in pvp, clerics beaing able to deal over 1k dmg every jolt to a warrior's continues burst dmg and before you use rank as a shield both the cleric and warrior are fighting low ranks.

Out of all this they found the time to nerf warden healing and the dodge parry recived from justicar, if you really wanted cleric's to stop healing in pvp then I can only aplaude you.

Class: cleric
    Name: Stromdraft
    Occ: from 1.1 to 1.7 warden/sent healer, pure/sent healer and shamicar
    currently not healing any warfront's "I'd rather feed kB's then heal"

Champion of Telara

I am so glad I gave up on clerics in PVP back in 1.6. Now I am only half as frustrated with the crap DPS numbers clerics put out.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Phase shift View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wdVF0c6pic
    vs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4XAp63zO14

Yup Trion Deve team your just all ways on top of your game.
    The videos show the out put for cleric dps in pvp vs warrior dps in pvp, clerics beaing able to deal over 1k dmg every jolt to a warrior's continues burst dmg and before you use rank as a shield both the cleric and warrior are fighting low ranks.

Out of all this they found the time to nerf warden healing and the dodge parry recived from justicar, if you really wanted cleric's to stop healing in pvp then I can only aplaude you.

Class: cleric
    Name: Stromdraft
    Occ: from 1.1 to 1.7 warden/sent healer, pure/sent healer and shamicar
    currently not healing any warfront's "I'd rather feed kB's then heal"
    Nothing to see here but yet another unfair comparison between a low-end cleric spec and at least an average warrior spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Nothing to see here but yet another unfair comparison between a low-end cleric spec and at least an average warrior spec.
    The spec used is any thing but low end, since it seem to grab the attention of Trion Deve team to be nerfed in 1.8 due to the complaints. I used the videos to share my thoughts with other die hard cleric players and of course the deve team, while you claim the warrior spec was average and rage storm is average that still puts the above average at a greater standing supporting the my cause, if this was scalled from 1 to 10 1 being the lowest then cleric's in any cast would be a strong 1 while warriors would be a over wealmng 10 pushing into 11.

From my standings this difference in power has shown since 1.2 a problem that has only incressed over time sending cleric's to the bottom of the KB charts in warfronts and before you continue on sending sarcastic post this post is only to show the unneeded change in our souls and player styles being that I ONLY focuse on pvp and care nothing for pve dps i strongly stand beside the fact that in the videos we still pose very little to any threat to a skilled player; before any more can be said, im not asking for a buff in healing or dps nor am i asking for a vamping, Im only asking for every thing pertaining to this class to go back to the way it was in 1.7.
    Last edited by Phase shift; 05-29-2012 at 02:24 PM.

Ascendant

The spec used is any thing but low end, since it seem to grab the attention of Trion Deve team to be nerfed in 1.8 due to the complaints. I used the videos to share my thoughts with other die hard cleric players and of course the deve team, while you claim the warrior spec was average and rage storm is average that still puts the above average at a greater standing supporting the my cause, if this was scalled from 1 to 10 1 being the lowest then cleric's in any cast would be a strong 1 while warriors would be a over wealmng 10 pushing into 11.

From my standings this difference in power has shown since 1.2 a problem that has only incressed over time sending cleric's to the bottom of the KB charts in warfronts and before you continue on sending sarcastic post this post is only to show the unneeded change in our souls and player styles being that I ONLY focuse on pvp and care nothing for pve dps i strongly stand beside the fact that in the videos we still pose very little to any threat to a skilled player; before any more can be said, im not asking for a buff in healing or dps nor am i asking for a vamping, Im only asking for every thing pertaining to this class to go back to the way it was in 1.7.
    Inquisitor was not changed.

It's better than Shaman.

So... a cleric video from sept. 2011 and a warrior video from feb 2012... when we are in Late May 2012.

Not sure... if serious?

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Not sure... if serious?
    The output in dmg for clerics or atlest for the shamicar spec didnt change it to this very moment still has not changed, as for inq dps which can deal alot of dmg the survivability for 51 inq is low once your targeted by any dps even other inq.

and yes im serious.

I'm going to get bashed for this, and I probably have no place here but...

What the hell can we do other than DPS heh ? You can outlast us anyway if we don't blow you up with our burst.

Just sayin'
    Arshaa@Wolfsbane NA
    Arshaa@Bloodiron EU
    <Diefied>T1 10/12 HK 0/10
    What's a cleanse ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sergeantkeys View Post
    I'm going to get bashed for this, and I probably have no place here but...

What the hell can we do other than DPS heh ? You can outlast us anyway if we don't blow you up with our burst.

Just sayin'
    This Thread is open to any one, I wont bash you because I agree with you and as a cleric who understood our role as the only major healing class, but with the major reduction in our only mobile healing soul and not being able to compete with the incress dmg output of a pure dps class, theirs even a post from a rogue who agrees that this nerf went overboard.

As I stated im not asking for a buff to the shaimicar, the spec it self never out put large amounts of dps nor will it ever, i used it for an example to show the two major changes, changes that also hit the pve cleric grinding spec hard. But to make it simple Warriors are Warriors and they should dps Clerics are Clerics and they should heal but why heal if we are taking unwanted hit's by players that are upset that we are healing?

I could have sworn that trollicar's got buffed in 1.8 not nurfed.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    I could have sworn that trollicar's got buffed in 1.8 not nurfed.
    Nerfed in it's parry and dodge, and if yo mean the armor incress you would lose most of the inq buff's and dot output or if you chose to take away from the sham soul you would lose rage of the north.

Nerfed in it's parry and dodge, and if yo mean the armor incress you would lose most of the inq buff's and dot output or if you chose to take away from the sham soul you would lose rage of the north.
    I mean't unpurgable salvation for 2k of self shielding procs per 5s for an unkillable spec 1v1 and often tanking multiple other players, drawing the enemies attention via healing done numbers and playing a pretty effective pvp tank.

Why else would you play shamicar?

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    I mean't unpurgable salvation for 2k of self shielding procs per 5s for an unkillable spec 1v1 and often tanking multiple other players, drawing the enemies attention via healing done numbers and playing a pretty effective pvp tank.

Why else would you play shamicar?
    The 20% parry/dodge played a bigger part in pvp tanking then salvation. Salvation being removed only ment your attacks couldnt heal you which if any thing they never healed you for much, most of your healing came from DOB or DOL; for 5s shielding procs I take it you mean precept of refuge, assuming you use a shield in pvp as a shamicar which I for one didnt because using a 2h wep ment more parry and more dodge, you could still if any thing build convicion with cavalier.

The shaimicar at the moemnt is very killable any warrior or rogue of equil rank can protest to that
    If Im mistaken about the 5s shield proc pls clarify.

No, I mean't frozen deep one tear, hailstone tide shard and token of warding. 5s ICD, total damage prevented 2k between them. Vengance of the winter storm makes every attack you make heal you twice, +grace, jolt, restorative tide keeps these procc'ing on CD.

It often took 80k of unhealed damage to kill my trollicar pre 1.8. I agree that this has probably changed alittle now due to the reduction of parry and dodge, but we have also gained a hard +18% physical and a togglable (via MoL) +x% magical mitigation depending how deep in justicar you choose to go.

I havn't actually played it since 1.8, but it will still work, just need a little reshuffle of the points to replace the old avoidance with the new mitigation.

+ Reply to Thread