+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coif of the dawn needs to be upgraded..

Default Coif of the dawn needs to be upgraded..

Here I am on my cleric alt, saving up 120 marks so I can buy the infernal coif. Good upgrade, gives synergy and the focus you'd want. I look at the bis list and there's a drop which is better then the relic according to bowler hat's list). Even if one day I get the relic on my alt, the drop will be better. And ID marks take a lot of time to get. Doesn't seem worth it to buy the helmet as some of your first upgrade pieces if it's just going to get banked later. It's only a difference of 1 crit between Coif of the dawn and Pristine Soulbinder's facemask, but still, that makes it bis, not the relic. The relic that took a ton of marks/time, plus the random luck of getting the drop. I just think Coif of the dawn needs like 2 more crit, to make it bis.
    Last edited by Hodor; 05-29-2012 at 05:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    I just think Coif of the dawn needs like 2 more crit, to make it bis.
    You see - you almost admit how silly your posting sounds. 1 crit difference? Sounds good enough to break up a 4 piece to me!

So buy the shoulders, and just wait for the helm drop. Or pass on the drop, and let a cleric who doesn't have the relic grab it. I didn't realize some guilds were so good that even alts were already getting the orange loots.
    Founder, and sometime Cleric

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
    You see - you almost admit how silly your posting sounds. 1 crit difference? Sounds good enough to break up a 4 piece to me!

So buy the shoulders, and just wait for the helm drop. Or pass on the drop, and let a cleric who doesn't have the relic grab it. I didn't realize some guilds were so good that even alts were already getting the orange loots.
    silly or not, if you there is a relic piece that is available from marks it should be the best, unless the other piece is a relic as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsurfing View Post
    I look at the bis list and there's a drop which is better then the relic according to bowler hat's list).
    You'll note that the dropped ID helm has no endurance whatsover, if endurance was factored into EP then the drop would lose out to the mark's piece. Trion seem obsessed with these funky "missing stat" drops. There are dropped HK helms, chests and legs with no endurance on them and it seems they are going to continue this trend in ID.

I'd suggest that endurance is an important stat to you whilst gearing through ID and maxing out resistance sets. I guess these drops could be useful for min/maxers, they might also be useful as part of a resistance set, although Trion might have stuffed that up by choosing helms and chests to play with instead of shoulders and chests.

Take the mark's piece and the extra few hundred HP.

Or conversely if you have maxed resist that missing Endurance is probably worth about 20 resist on a resist encounter. This could be handy for an Earth resist set where the essences aren't quite as powerful, or you may have to take lower tier options until better essences drop. You can make up the power shortfall with the non-endurance helm and extra resist essences from T1 RR's.

Anyway, you get the idea. Personally I think it's just silly.

Telaran

I actually went through a similar thought process after discovering that on the BiS list last night, before buying my set helm.. As soon as I noticed there was no endurance on the dropped piece, I knew it wasn't for me. I already went through this with water resist and not wanting to put them on my HK set pieces, so I waited to get shoulders and chest for them, just to find out that the chest didn't have endurance on it, and the shoulders didn't have any int. Funky stats, indeed. I'm done with them.

Plus, relics are shiny..

Ascendant

I got http://rift.zam.com/en/item/FBA9989B...sk#Discoveries from Rusila Dreadblade and I don't use it on progression fights due to lack of endurance.

Also http://rift.zam.com/en/item/AFB7C3A6...on#Discoveries

I'm sure the upgraded chest will have endurance, but I don't see why these items lack them in the first place.

There was a similar issue with drops in HK. I guess you could use the hat for occasions where you don't need the endurance, although 1 crit is hardly worth the bother. It's nice for ppl that don't have the ID hat I guess. Personally I won't be using it as I consider endurance to be one of my prime stats.
    Last edited by Merridwyn; 06-30-2012 at 06:38 AM.

If it doesn't have endurance you may as well vendor it immediately. HP matters for progression and that is the only time stats matter. I used to be all about the offensive stats and then I realised that +3 crit or +1 sp wasn't necessary to complete encounters. Skill is ALWAYS the limiting factor.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 06-30-2012 at 06:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread