+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Ivengar

Thread: IM bACK and ...im lost

Telaran

Default IM bACK and ...im lost

so i left in 1.2 for a game... and yes im still playing it but i wanted to try rift again needless to say i am crazy lost.. ember isle wasnt open at the time.. amongst other things,,,

my question. i see shaman has got some really good stuff. i was level 49 thankfully so im fifty now and im going 51 shaman.. i wanted to do 51 shaman/ sent/justicar but i keep hearing about this "duracell" build whats that?

my main things is big dps.. id like to go with 52 shaman if possible help me out while i still have time lol

tks in advance

Link for Duracell - very last post on the thread (as I write):

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...videos-47.html

At level 50, if you're just dinged and soloing on EI, you may find Shamicar a lot more survivable. (44 Shaman, 22 Justi) although since 1.8 there have been a few new solo builds discussed which I believe are better (see the cleric forum). TBH I haven't rly kept up with them as I out-gear the content now. :/

There's a lot of change since 1.2, and you'd do well to treat Rift as a new game. Luckily the forums are great and some rly helpful ppl post a lot of information. More likely to get a response if you post in Cleric Discussion rather than Cleric Guides though.

Have fun.

Well, first off, don't double post across forums.

Second, if soloing, Merridwyn was right about deep Shammicar. It's been better than Duracell for awhile now, unless all you want to do is AoE farm. Even then, Cabalicar would likely be better, but a little dicier.

If you want pure damage, 51 Inquisitor is still the way to go. It might be a little squishy though on EI until you get some more gear.

When it comes to 51-point builds, I'd suggest it with Inquisitor, Cabalist, and Druid (and of course Justicar, if you plan any tanking). Shaman - not so much, and rarely any healing souls (unless you are going for something very specific you understand).

Good luck and happy hunting.
    Founder, and sometime Cleric

Shadowlander

Just came back myself also after a long hiatus from Rift, looking to just do PvP this time around. Any decent PvP healing builds out there, i've just done a couple of warzones with some copy and paste 34 puri/32 sent so far.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeg View Post
    so i left in 1.2 for a game... and yes im still playing it but i wanted to try rift again needless to say i am crazy lost.. ember isle wasnt open at the time.. amongst other things,,,

my question. i see shaman has got some really good stuff. i was level 49 thankfully so im fifty now and im going 51 shaman.. i wanted to do 51 shaman/ sent/justicar but i keep hearing about this "duracell" build whats that?

my main things is big dps.. id like to go with 52 shaman if possible help me out while i still have time lol

tks in advance
    I too would like to go 52 shaman so if you figure out how please post. It might be the only way Shaman becomes a good spec again ;)
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamp View Post
    Just came back myself also after a long hiatus from Rift, looking to just do PvP this time around. Any decent PvP healing builds out there, i've just done a couple of warzones with some copy and paste 34 puri/32 sent so far.
    Plenty of decent pvp healing builds. I'd stay away from healing tho. Your already a marked target cause your a blue bar and your healing. Personally if I have to regrind pvp I wouldn't touch healing until rank 38. Avoid the instagib brostormin and have some fun.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

tks in advance
    Dont play cleric.

my main things is big dps..
    Houston, we have a problem.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Synergis View Post
    Plenty of decent pvp healing builds. I'd stay away from healing tho. Your already a marked target cause your a blue bar and your healing. Personally if I have to regrind pvp I wouldn't touch healing until rank 38. Avoid the instagib brostormin and have some fun.
    After doing about a dozen or warzones i'd be inclined to agree, but i'm a fan of maschism when I play MMO's. And when I do get geared up, there's a certain appreciation that goes along with how much better your gear is than when you started.

I would go against what other people are saying, if you want to have fun grinding in PvP best bet is to heal. As a DPS you will be useless while as a healer you can atleast help some other people out and will have a more positive effect to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jaal View Post
    I would go against what other people are saying, if you want to have fun grinding in PvP best bet is to heal. As a DPS you will be useless while as a healer you can atleast help some other people out and will have a more positive effect to the game.
    11 justicar enough to keep my mates healed
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

+ Reply to Thread