+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pocket Healing

Telaran

Default Pocket Healing

Just curious what you all run when pocket healing.. I've been playing around with a lot, so far what I've found works best for me is 39 sent/26 Warden/0 Purifier but I'm sure there's plenty that I have yet to try.
    (I'm level 49, 50 builds work too, just waiting until I have my PVP gear before leveling.)

The main issue I seem to have is when they figure out that I'm healing and I get marked and start getting focused.. it's extremely hard to keep myself up... whoever I'm pocket healing usually knows to watch out for me and tries, but when you're being ganked by twink rogues and rift stormed by all the new warriors running through.. they don't have much time before I'm dead even blowing through CD's.

(Check out Mann's build in the guides section for my build, just took 1 point from Cascade.)

Rift Disciple

I am unsure as to how lower rank PVP works, but keep in mind I will be talking/refering to evenly matched R40 warfronts.

I never got around to making a proper PVP spec but I find my 33/33 Sent Warden does enough. It was originally a PvE spec that I used for PvP then never got around to changing point distributions for PvP specific skills.

You build I suppose would work, it really depends what you are using to heal yourself. I'd imagine when your reach 50, the lower rank warfronts will have some fully HK/ID geared ppl stomping, due to having high nuking power/dps against low valor.

At the end of the day, as long as you are keeping hots up all the time and reapplying them, they give you a nice amount of healing that an equally geared dps would find challenging to out dps the hots.
    Okooko <Synapse>
    Aerospace Engineer
    Yeah, I fly planes.

I run a decently high Justi variant of a Senticar. I just slap the 'ol cast at my target's target option on, and spam my conviction macro at whatever my buddy is delivering the hurt to.

It has HB and Healer's Cov for hairy moments, and good old DoL for when we are both under fire or we run into a group of buddies taking on a objective.

I actually find I can hardcast HI with a big threat right in front of me, but I usually try to find a nook or cranny to snipe heals from....unless I'm healing a warrior, then I'm lucky if I can keep up with it lolwalking 40 feet up a cliff to brostorm 1-2 people.

36/27/3 Sent/Just/Sham is what I'm workin' with atm. I basically took all the mitigation I could (18% all from talents iirc) and picked up a stun from Sovereignty for a denial tool. It works pretty good, but I think I might try one that Ahov mentioned in a thread above, it goes less in Sent and grabs AR from Inq for 11 points, keeping about the same mitigation as my spec, but with AoT for extra health and a mana tool...might give that one a try later this week.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Jetheth View Post
    Just curious what you all run when pocket healing.. I've been playing around with a lot, so far what I've found works best for me is 39 sent/26 Warden/0 Purifier but I'm sure there's plenty that I have yet to try.
    (I'm level 49, 50 builds work too, just waiting until I have my PVP gear before leveling.)

The main issue I seem to have is when they figure out that I'm healing and I get marked and start getting focused.. it's extremely hard to keep myself up... whoever I'm pocket healing usually knows to watch out for me and tries, but when you're being ganked by twink rogues and rift stormed by all the new warriors running through.. they don't have much time before I'm dead even blowing through CD's.

(Check out Mann's build in the guides section for my build, just took 1 point from Cascade.)
    I play 51 Purifier/15 Warden/0 Sentinel for almost all my healing escapades. Many warfronts I take the most damage of any healer, with the fewest deaths. Purifier has amazing survival tools: Shield of the Ancestors, Latent Blaze, Gathering of the Ancestors, Caregiver's Blessing, & Healing Flare are all great. 15 points in Warden gets me Restorative Tide (the tooltip looks gimp, but itemize for Wisdom and it's a big deal), Healing Spray, and Healing Flood. Talisman of Lashing Rain is also a great survivability boost, and use a Healing Tonic if you think it's gonna be touch & go.

With all those tools, you'll be able to survive for a long time.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

This build seems to help. Maybe it's useless to everyone else but it seems to work for me.

Wardicar... (slightly hybrid)

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...uMsoxs0oM.V.-6

Notice : My signature is now only available from my shop.

+ Reply to Thread