+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jolt n Bolt dps. Help?

Champion

Default Jolt n Bolt dps. Help?

OK after seeing a decent amount of people parsing record high dps numbers with jolt-n-bolt i figured id give it a go, and im not overly impressed.

Murdantix no movement other than a couple of knockbacks: 3300 dps

Sicaron one contract no purging: 3850 dps

2059 spell power, 910 spell crit unbuffed.

Used what seems to be the standard spam macro with four dot macros. Im a reasonably good player, typically top three dps on most bosses for my guild. These numbers just seem very lackluster. Granted im not full bis relics, but this doesnt seem to be parsing much better if any, than 51 shaman or 51 inquisitor for me.

Any ideas? Is my crit too low for this build to really shine?

No amop, using royal focusing crystal
    Last edited by stefe; 05-28-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stefe View Post
    OK after seeing a decent amount of people parsing record high dps numbers with jolt-n-bolt i figured id give it a go, and im not overly impressed.

Used what seems to be the standard spam macro with four dot macros. Im a reasonably good player, typically top three dps on most bosses for my guild. These numbers just seem very lackluster. Granted im not full bis relics, but this doesnt seem to be parsing much better if any, than 51 shaman or 51 inquisitor for me.

Personally im tired of being curtailed into these odd hybrid specs to put out reasonable dps.

On another note I believe MOA could use another bandaid patch and bump the damage increase up to 30%

Inb4 Ahov posts his guide
    Last edited by Synergis; 05-28-2012 at 12:37 PM.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

1. Are you using Sanction Heretic every time it comes off cooldown (with the Inquisitor synergy crystal), or are you just keeping the dot portion up?

2. Are you trying to macro in Lightning Hammer, or are you applying it again after the dot falls off?

3. Are you using a 2h weapon?
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA 3/3 IG
    All HMs Cleared, FT & EE Conq

Champion

2h hammer 43k pa, only refreshing sh, lh, and vex when they drop off, jolt in all macros, bod>dots>boj

Rift Disciple

You also need to time your DoTs when WG and FP go off as well. It's very important.

I had 4 contracts on Sicaron last week and I was @ 4k *shrug*.

Coordinate more with your Chloro and Archon and you'll put out better numbers.
    ODOMA!!!

2h hammer 43k pa, only refreshing sh, lh, and vex when they drop off, jolt in all macros, bod>dots>boj
    Well your doing it right. And my dps and stats are about the same. You could just be suffering from bad rng on the part of crits. IMO bnj is finicky. If you aren't face deep in your dots you'll lose quite a bit of dps. I'd recommend using karuul alert addon. It has a bit if a learning curb but it's basically a dot timer. Works very well and is very customizable.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

Rift Disciple

For your gear, your dps seems spot on. As a reference I did just under 3300 dps on murdantix with the AMOP and several relic pieces... so you did better than I did ;p

The spec does scale very well with spell power, so getting stuff like AMOP, full stat PA's, full relics/ID gear will continue to improve your numbers. Also trinket-swapping with Alsbeth's orb before the encounter, using full consumables including elder tablets, wrathful flames, etc. I honestly don't think you should worry about crit too much, because even though it is a supposedly crit-heavy build, it seems to scale way better with spell power than crit. I tested on the dummies using a BIS crit sigil (still not hitting crit cap) vs a BIS spell power sigil and every time the spell power sigil yielded me more dps.

If you're hoping to reach that 5k benchmark on Sicaron.. it's gonna take the best gear and full PA's.. maybe some contract RNG.. along with some assistance from the guild. (STOP MOVING BEFORE IT CHANGES TO RED!!)

If 3850 is top three on sicaron in your guild I'd say you are doing everything fine and you are missing debuffs or something. Rogues and mages should be crushing you. It is odd that you are getting 3300 on murd though and only 500 more on sicaron. In 51 inq just spamming your boj and being sloppy with vex, SH and bod you should be at 4k.

Are you sure your archon and bard are doing their thing?
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitzkatz View Post
    The spec does scale very well with spell power, so getting stuff like AMOP, full stat PA's, full relics/ID gear will continue to improve your numbers.
    Got it - so B'n'J is only for the top 50 clerics in the game, and for us cads sitting at 2300/950 raid buffed, don't even bother! Whenever I've tried it, I don't even get as good as 51 Inq (and no, I don't try to macro every DoT together and forget about my procs).

Darn - I really wanted to get in on that clunky, melee-weaving, gravy train of FotM goodness.
    Founder, and sometime Cleric

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
    Got it - so B'n'J is only for the top 50 clerics in the game, and for us cads sitting at 2300/950 raid buffed, don't even bother! Whenever I've tried it, I don't even get as good as 51 Inq (and no, I don't try to macro every DoT together and forget about my procs).

Darn - I really wanted to get in on that clunky, melee-weaving, gravy train of FotM goodness.
    No, notice I said 'continue to improve your numbers'. The jolt spec, for me, does much better than 51 Inquis. as it does for many people. There are forum posts all over stating how the strongest current cleric ST dps specs are Joltnbolt > 51 inquis > 51 druid > 51 shaman. And I do agree with that order. As with any spec, just keep practicing with it and keep gearing up and you'll continue to get better parses.

Personally I find it a much more exciting spec than 51 inquisitor too..
    Last edited by Kitzkatz; 05-29-2012 at 12:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread