+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Ianto Jones
  • 1 Post By Morvick

Thread: Rift Guard, why don't Clerics have a 60% absorb/reflect shield?

Default Rift Guard, why don't Clerics have a 60% absorb/reflect shield?

Seriously WTF Trion.... and people complained Clerics were "unkillable".

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Purifier?

10char

Because we have 19k armour?
    <Last Dawn> Cleric Tank
    Ex <New Chapter> GM/Raid Leader

5/8 ID - Laethys P2
    11/11 HK (Conq.) - 4/4 RotP (Shard First Conq.)
    Cleric Tanking Summed Up In 3 Seconds

Rift Guard absorbs 35% of incoming damage at 51 point Riftstalker. Disinformation is uncool, bro.

We have Healer's Covenant that reduces damage by 40% for 10s; amongst others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Rift Guard absorbs 35% of incoming damage at 51 point Riftstalker. Disinformation is uncool, bro.
    Then why does the Rift Guard on my 39 bard absorb 4789 yet my bard only has 4122 hp?

I was being kind when I said 60% but it's much higher and I've seen RS twinks out-last the most geared tanks.

My statement stands true unless a dev comes in here with hard numbers to disprove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    We have Healer's Covenant that reduces damage by 40% for 10s; amongst others.
    Worth while ability on a worthless cool down. No thanks and if people spec that high for it, they deserve what they get when that cool down isn't ready.
    Last edited by Trisian; 05-26-2012 at 06:41 PM.

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Then why does the Rift Guard on my 39 bard absorb 4789 yet my bard only has 4122 hp?
    35% off of every attack you take until that reduced damage totals up to more than 4789

Prophet of Telara

I am not sure but even with full valor and Covenant up you wont mitigate 96% of damage, I think there is a cap.

Can someone more knowledgable than me confirm this?

I was being kind when I said 60% but it's much higher and I've seen RS twinks out-last the most geared tanks.

My statement stands true unless a dev comes in here with hard numbers to disprove it.
    This is absurd. Have you even read the skill descriptions? It absorbs x% of incoming damage up to a total of y% of your maximum HP. x and y are modified by talents per points spent in the RS tree.

Rift Guard: Absorbs 15% of incoming damage up to 50% of the Rogue's maximum health.
    Improved Rift Guard: Increases the incoming damage Rift Guard absorbs by 2.5% and the total damage it can absorb by 50%. For every point spent in Riftstalker above 16, increases the amount of damage Rift Guard absorbs by 0.5% and the total amount of damage absorbed by 10%. You gain this benefit only when in Guardian Phase.

(35 * 0.5) + 15 + 2.5 = 35% of incoming damage absorbed in 51 RS.
    [35 * (50 * 0.1)] + (50 * 0.5) + 50 = 250% of max HP absorbed in 51 RS. (at 21123 HP my shield reads "52807")

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    I am not sure but even with full valor and Covenant up you wont mitigate 96% of damage, I think there is a cap.

Can someone more knowledgable than me confirm this?
    Covenant is multiplicative. For example: pure tank builds at the high end sit at 90%+ effective passive mitigation, so putting Cov on top of that would reduce the damage after passive mitigation by 40%. So 92% mitigation from a tank would reduce a 100k hit to 8k, and Cov would reduce that to 4800. Armour, and I assume valour, are also multiplicative iirc.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 05-26-2012 at 07:58 PM.

Ascendant

OP is super troll.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Telaran

First rift gaurd does not absorb 60%, it is actually 35%. Second, clerics get a shield and much higher passive armor (ya know chain vs leather).

The OP may have made the worst post of the year. You obviously didn't put one ounce of effort before you posted to look at the tool tips or if you did are ridiculously lacking in intelligence.

You know the shows on cable during the afternoon about worlds dumbest criminals? You will soon see this guy on it. What a terrible post.

Telaran

Remove the shield comment deflect is nearly the same now. Stupid edit timer.

Rift Gaurd is basically the difference between chain vs leather armor.

1. No, it's wrong whether or not you accept it. The hard numbers are everywhere, do the research.
    2. It absorbs a % until a total is reached. 35% of all damage until it's taken (what did you post...) 4789 damage. You could die before it even reaches that maximum value if you're hit hard enough.
    3. It's a flat % reduction because that's the difference in protection between the different armor classes. BTW, RS is the Tank Soul for a Rogue. Your posts didn't make it seem like you realized that.

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    OP is super troll.
    I dunno. I'm leaning with "ignorant". Education is in order.
    Last edited by Morvick; 05-29-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

+ Reply to Thread