+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trinkets?

Default Trinkets?

Question... what are the BIS's for tanking trinkets for Clerics?

Core Raid Spots Available --- (Trekkies) Wed/Sun/Mon 9 PM - 12 AM ST :: Holding TRYOUTS for a core raid spots on Mon/Tues, 5:30 PM Server, just send a tell! Must be 3/4 or 4/5 minimum!

Last Survivor/Locket of the Valorous (rare)
    Brigade Badge of Glory/Talisman of Lashing Rain (rare)

these 2 are generally regarded as the top 2 at this point. Which one you use depends on your gear, if you are low on mitigation go for the Last Survivor/Locket of the Valorous. Otherwise the 30 Endu trinket is better.

And yes these are both pvp trinkets, that's just how crappy pve tank trinkets are for us.
    Last edited by Noshei; 05-26-2012 at 08:27 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    Last Survivor/Locket of the Valorous (rare)
    Brigade Badge of Glory/Talisman of Lashing Rain (rare)

these 2 are generally regarded as the top 2 at this point. Which one you use depends on your gear, if you are low on mitigation go for the Last Survivor/Locket of the Valorous. Otherwise the 30 Endu trinket is better.

And yes these are both pvp trinkets, that's just how crappy pve tank trinkets are for us.
    Way of Water is good..

Ahov, you've got a giant font signature stating "RNG is not an excuse" yet I don't see any Shamans listed in your links. I'm either confused, or you're a bad person.
    Last edited by Trisian; 05-26-2012 at 09:38 AM.

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Because BnJ

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Ahov, you've got a giant font signature stating "RNG is not an excuse" yet I don't see any Shamans listed in your links. I'm either confused, or you're a bad person.
    I think it's more of a general statement about cleric dps.

Ascendant

Uh the SHOEs are actually pretty good I would have thought.

They would have to be worth more than 14 endurance unless you were literally going to die in 1 hit without it. I see the SHOEs as basically BIS unless you need that endurance.
    Last edited by Malark; 05-26-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    Uh the SHOEs are actually pretty good I would have thought.

They would have to be worth more than 14 endurance unless you were literally going to die in 1 hit without it. I see the SHOEs as basically BIS unless you need that endurance.
    For a Tank Endurance is our #1 stat at all times, no matter the situation (obviously after toughness cap). So a static increase to endurance will our pace a chance of a heal, that you probably wont even get, every time.

As for Way of Water, it is a good trinket, though I haven't had the chance to test it out so I can't say much more than what I have heard from others.

Also here is some info I posted way back when 1.8 was in the early phases on the PTS.

Majority of tank related Trinkets:
    Code:
    Focus of Second Chances (Rare)		OnEquip: Grants a chance when hit to create a shield that absorbs half of incoming damage, up to 500 damage over 12 Seconds.
    Song of Lost Souls (Rare)		OnEquip: Grants a chance for your melee attack abilities to heal you for 495.
    Musical Tide (Rare)			OnEquip: Grants a chance for healing spells to increase Endurance by 40 for 30 seconds.
    Royal Charm of the Aelfwar (Epic)	OnEquip: Grants a chance on block and deflect to increase parry rating by 40 for 10 seconds.
    Insanity Sliver (Epic)			OnEquip: Grants a chance on block or deflect to heal for 1080 over 8 seconds.
    Way of Water (Epic)			OnEquip: Grants a chance on Block and Deflect to create a barrier that absorbs up to 1500 damage for up to 20 seconds.
    Golem Actuator (Epic)			OnEquip: Incoming damage has a chance to increase your Dodge value by 75 for 30 seconds.
    Death's Edge (Epic)			OnEquip: While your health is below 30% incoming damage will increase your Dodge and Parry chances by 25% for 10 seconds.  This effect can only occur once every 5 minutes.
    Arkryon's Mirror (Epic)			OnEquip: Grants a chance on block or deflect to restore 2272 hit points over 12 seconds.
    Totem of Uruluuk (Epic)			OnEquip: Grants a chance when hit to heal for 900.
    Darktide's Unbreakable Will (Epic)	OnUse: Surrounds you in a shield that absorbs half of incoming damage up to 4000 for up to 15 seconds.
    Icewatch Blizzard Token (Epic)		OnUse: Absorbs up to 1525 damage.  Lasts 15 seconds.
    Talisman of Lashing Rain (Rare)		OnUse: Absorbs up to 1250 damage.  Lasts 30 seconds.
    Brigade Badge of Glory (Rare)		OnUse: Absorbs up to 1250 damage.  Lasts 30 seconds.
    Bulwark of Undeath (Epic)		OnUse: Increases block by 500 for 20 seconds.  Each time the user blocks this value is reduced by 100.
    Hunter's Trophy (Rare)			OnUse: Creates a shield that absorbs up to 500 damage over 9 Seconds.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    For a Tank Endurance is our #1 stat at all times, no matter the situation (obviously after toughness cap). So a static increase to endurance will our pace a chance of a heal, that you probably wont even get, every time.

As for Way of Water, it is a good trinket, though I haven't had the chance to test it out so I can't say much more than what I have heard from others.

Also here is some info I posted way back when 1.8 was in the early phases on the PTS.

Majority of tank related Trinkets:
    Code:
    Focus of Second Chances (Rare)		OnEquip: Grants a chance when hit to create a shield that absorbs half of incoming damage, up to 500 damage over 12 Seconds.
    Song of Lost Souls (Rare)		OnEquip: Grants a chance for your melee attack abilities to heal you for 495.
    Musical Tide (Rare)			OnEquip: Grants a chance for healing spells to increase Endurance by 40 for 30 seconds.
    Royal Charm of the Aelfwar (Epic)	OnEquip: Grants a chance on block and deflect to increase parry rating by 40 for 10 seconds.
    Insanity Sliver (Epic)			OnEquip: Grants a chance on block or deflect to heal for 1080 over 8 seconds.
    Way of Water (Epic)			OnEquip: Grants a chance on Block and Deflect to create a barrier that absorbs up to 1500 damage for up to 20 seconds.
    Golem Actuator (Epic)			OnEquip: Incoming damage has a chance to increase your Dodge value by 75 for 30 seconds.
    Death's Edge (Epic)			OnEquip: While your health is below 30% incoming damage will increase your Dodge and Parry chances by 25% for 10 seconds.  This effect can only occur once every 5 minutes.
    Arkryon's Mirror (Epic)			OnEquip: Grants a chance on block or deflect to restore 2272 hit points over 12 seconds.
    Totem of Uruluuk (Epic)			OnEquip: Grants a chance when hit to heal for 900.
    Darktide's Unbreakable Will (Epic)	OnUse: Surrounds you in a shield that absorbs half of incoming damage up to 4000 for up to 15 seconds.
    Icewatch Blizzard Token (Epic)		OnUse: Absorbs up to 1525 damage.  Lasts 15 seconds.
    Talisman of Lashing Rain (Rare)		OnUse: Absorbs up to 1250 damage.  Lasts 30 seconds.
    Brigade Badge of Glory (Rare)		OnUse: Absorbs up to 1250 damage.  Lasts 30 seconds.
    Bulwark of Undeath (Epic)		OnUse: Increases block by 500 for 20 seconds.  Each time the user blocks this value is reduced by 100.
    Hunter's Trophy (Rare)			OnUse: Creates a shield that absorbs up to 500 damage over 9 Seconds.

A chance to heal 3 people for 600-800 damage and it's not even on the list ?
    Last edited by Malark; 05-26-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Ascendant

Gonna add, obviously 30 endurance is going to be the best for straight tanking but if you don't have revered with the relevant pvp faction or you don't need the endurance for the encounter you're on I think the SHOE is hard to go past.

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    Gonna add, obviously 30 endurance is going to be the best for straight tanking but if you don't have revered with the relevant pvp faction or you don't need the endurance for the encounter you're on I think the SHOE is hard to go past.
    The Chalice of Damnation event trinket is also a viable alternative.

SHoE used to be de rigueur prior to Clerics gaining threat from overhealing, thesedays it's taken for the heal alone. I equip SHoE for certain AOE intense encounters in 5 mans or open world, otherwise I use the stat trinket.

1. Way of Water
    2. Last Survivor
    3. Brigade Badge of Glory

Champion

i suppose if you are an OT that doesnt really have to take a hit you could use the shoe, and its better than the mirror (heal is larget than the hot from mirror) but if yout there to take a hit, theres better choices.
    Shieldy 60 Warrior
    Gloredhel 60 Mage

+ Reply to Thread