+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Last appeal from a real Rift supporter

Soulwalker

Default Last appeal from a real Rift supporter

I have played rift from beta and up till now have loved the game, the graphics, UI and everything you want from an MMO have been spot on so far, and I will mention the support from the Trion team through the first year was better than I have ever seen in any game, so there you are I do really love this game, but, my first character to hit level 50 was a healer, the class was in my opinion well designed and had a good survivability whilst being able to also keep its team members alive, ok so maybe it was a little OP in survivability but that was good, a healer is there to stay alive and help the team so why not !! in reality a healer is not going to win a warfront or decimate the other team with top kills in the stats, you kinda just hang around where most of your team are and keep them alive, not exactly game changing stuff is it ?

So why have we had this nerf to healing? why can a healer not stay alive with only one opponent attacking them, where did the logic to this come from, I really do not understand how anyone involved in a game can think how this will work "ok we make it so the healer is so weak he can't keep himself alive, let alone heal his team mates that will make things much better in this game" I mean come on guys.

Anyways thats my rant, if things don't change I will be joining the ranks of those who have left this amazing game as I just cannot force myself to play a game I am not enjoying due to dev changes.....

Rift Disciple

Why not try to make a premade that will deal with the dps on you? That is one of the main problems in rift for me. Nobody attempts premade warfronts in my battlegroup apart from us and Darklegion. Be nice to see some more defiant and guardian premades running, getting fed up of farming non co'ordinated scrubs. Theyre all epic solo kings who shudder at the thought of assist dps in a team on ts/ventrillo/mumble or whatever.

Ascendant

Jesus, these threads are annoying.

Adapt to patches. Some specs actually got buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post

Adapt to patches.
    Peeps are adapting by leaving

Shadowlander

The argument that cleric has no survivability in PvP now is complete BS.... the fact is we were overpowered before (facetanking 4+ people in warden etc) now we actually have to monitor surroundings more carefully, rotate our cooldowns and position ourselves well. We now have more of a challenge and PvP is more fun for that reason.

The only healers I see that really don't have any luck in warfronts are generally in raid gear or fairly new to 50.
    Micron@Zaviel - Warrior <Last Dawn>
    Nerfvoidbolt@Zaviel- Mage <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by A Nihilist View Post
    The argument that cleric has no survivability in PvP now is complete BS.... the fact is we were overpowered before (facetanking 4+ people in warden etc) now we actually have to monitor surroundings more carefully, rotate our cooldowns and position ourselves well. We now have more of a challenge and PvP is more fun for that reason.

The only healers I see that really don't have any luck in warfronts are generally in raid gear or fairly new to 50.
    A healing cleric has always had to sacrifice all damage and killing blows to survive and keep their group up. Since Trion changed that, but didn't lower the dps of any other classes, it has been a complete disaster. Good luck to you healing clerics with dedicated pvp guilds ready to cover your gimped rears. The rest of us casual or pug players have simply given up.
    Last edited by Trisian; 05-26-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Jesus, these threads are annoying.

Adapt to patches. Some specs actually got buffed.
    I would dislike this if there was a button for it. Your attitude is why this game is in such decline and your signature is hypocritical.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    I would dislike this if there was a button for it. Your attitude is why this game is in such decline and your signature is hypocritical.
    What is hypocritical about my signature?

Quote Originally Posted by Squinty View Post
    in reality a healer is not going to win a warfront or decimate the other team with top kills in the stats, you kinda just hang around where most of your team are and keep them alive, not exactly game changing stuff is it ?
    Ummmmm.... what!??

A healing cleric has always had to sacrifice all damage and killing blows to survive and keep their group up. Since Trion changed that, but didn't lower the dps of any other classes, it has been a complete disaster. Good luck to you healing clerics with dedicated pvp guilds ready to cover your gimped rears. The rest of us casual or pug players have simply given up.
    Thanks for adding nothing. And your enlightened siggy is soooooo much better than Ahov's, with his horrible "attitude" of trying to teach poor saps like you and the OP to play better.....
    Founder, and sometime Cleric

Hey now, we're the most op trash in the game! It's at least our third iteration of pvp healing nerfs for the one year I've been here. Don't quit, just pull a Rorschach move and whisper no to all the dps begging for heals.

Shadowlander

With regards to sacrificing damage to keep your team up, cleric would be all kinds of overpowered if we could dps with no tangible sacrifice to healing output. If you are after more of a hybrid spec, there are various builds which all balance dps vs healing differently you can try.

Senticar - Very good heals, little DPS (we're talking a few 1k+ hits)
    M.A.S.H - Moderate heals/moderate dps, though a little outdated still works if played well.
    Inquisicar - (51/11/4) has good DPS and DoL available on demand for AoE heals. You can also spec down from 51points to add a little extra power to your DoLs.
    Cabicar - moderate single target DPS, good AoE DPS. Has fairly decent splash heals (from reparation) when AoEing, but generally only good for keeping nearby team mates topped up

I have yet to try druid really but I am sure you can combine it with 11+ points in justicar for reparation/DoL. Haven't really seen anyone using druid effectively in PvP.

Now, (at least) 11 points in Justicar is a common theme among these builds they all have a completely different playstyle,

Personally, I play as a healer on my cleric because I find it the most fun (and challenging with good opponents or low(er) rank team-mates). Generally if I want to play offensively I will switch to my rogue or mage. I don't mind inquisitor but I use it so much raiding that I like the change of pace/rotation.

I'd say the real issue is unranked matches. When your a rank 40 healer and the rest if your team is rank 20 or less it's next to impossible to keep anyone alive. Can't blame healers for being pissed off when your spamming and nothing lives. Adapting to changes are easy, but between player stupidity, constant heal nerfs, being auto marked for bluebar status, healing debuffs, excessive damage, and a broken que system it's more than most can or are even willing to handle. Running premades doesn't fix the underlying problems either.
    Even when queuing as a group 1 of 2 things happens. Your group is split up by the merc system or a full rank 40 group ends up going against a rank 25 or less crew. What's fun about that?
    Last edited by Synergis; 05-28-2012 at 10:14 AM.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Synergis View Post
    I'd say the real issue is unranked matches. When your a rank 40 healer and the rest if your team is rank 20 or less it's next to impossible to keep anyone alive. Can't blame healers for being pissed off when your spamming and nothing lives. Adapting to changes are easy, but between player stupidity, constant heal nerfs, being auto marked for bluebar status, healing debuffs, excessive damage, and a broken que system it's more than most can or are even willing to handle. Running premades doesn't fix the underlying problems either.
    Even when queuing as a group 1 of 2 things happens. Your group is split up by the merc system or a full rank 40 group ends up going against a rank 25 or less crew. What's fun about that?
    This x10000000, I don't often run 'premades' as such, usually duo queue with a guildmate and we get split onto opposing teams more than half of the games on some nights.
    Last edited by A Nihilist; 05-28-2012 at 10:21 AM.

Not sure what the OP is going on about, but clerics are still very uber in wf's, before we were OP with a one button spam win, now you have to actually use cds and know your spec.

As a r40 healer before and after the patch, right now cleric healing is in the best spot and very fun to play.
    SwiftFury - 4/4, 4/5 -Retired

http://coriolisguild.enjin.com/

Oceanic Guild is currently Recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftFlame View Post
    As a r40 healer before and after the patch, right now cleric healing is in the best spot and very fun to play.
    No one ever thinks about the masses under rank 30. As a p40 yea it's fun. Nothing other than a boss rank 40 dps or some focus fire is going to kill you. If I stripped your rank and put you at, random number, 22, your fun factor goes down tremendously.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast