+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Eughe
  • 1 Post By Kolfinna
  • 1 Post By Eughe

Thread: what kind of abilities would you like to see in T2 of PvP PA tree?

Default what kind of abilities would you like to see in T2 of PvP PA tree?

what kind of abilities would you like to see in T2 of PvP PA tree?

I would like some kind of life saver or some type of defensive proc when you get Juggernaut.

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Shield on CC'd targets (around 500-600 absorb), Instant cast after silenced or interrupted, increased damage to players or increased crit damage to players, an Improved Overload skill to make it more useful (a CC break with 3 second immunity sounds good), single target heals cause players to receive X% less damage. Increase healing of next X spells by 30-50% when cast on players. Increase mana or health pool.
    Weapon vengeance buff equivalent to a burning powerstone (this should be on all classes as applicable) so I don't have to buy/farm them.

Just to name a few. Are some OP suggestions? Maybe.
    Wickedways <MMAC> -Seastone-

Never try to understand women. Women understand women, and they HATE each other

Everything they took from our pvp soul.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Everything they took from our pvp soul.
    I could do without the +5 to all resistances...
    Wickedways <MMAC> -Seastone-

Never try to understand women. Women understand women, and they HATE each other

I want reinforce back and the 'next cast is insta and crits' can't remember what it was called though!

I fondly remember when obliterate was an AoE like soul drain and when 51 cabby boosted death damage by 50% so that you could 1 shot 4 people at once with a fanatasim+SD+Obliterate combo.

If they gave us back the old skill we could at least combo SD with Bound fate though it would never have the power we used to have a year ago.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

The worst way to design these would be: "What's my calling's biggest weakness? I want to become immune to that." Of the usual options, I'm thinking focus fire and CC are the Cleric's biggest problem. So starting there:

Stand Strong: Attacks from players reduce incoming damage by 1% for 10 seconds, max 1 stack per player.
    Ethereal Shell: While you are affected by a stun/silence/fear, incoming damage is reduced by 15%.
    Feedback: Attacks that drain mana do damage to the attacker equal to the amount of mana drained.
    Next up is offense. Every class needs more damage. That's what makes PvP FUN!

Shared Pain: Your AoE abilities do 3% more damage for each player hit
    Festering Wounds: Damage-over-time spells cast on players increase in damage by 5% per interval
    Siegebreaker: (2 min CD) All attacks made against target player within the next 15 seconds reduces their maximum HP by 1% until Siegebreaker expires. Cannot be cleansed.

And everyone wants more heals and healers, right?

Harmony: Your heals on party or raid members increase their outgoing heals by 20% for 10 seconds.
    Font of Healing: Overhealing you receive goes to the ally within 30m with the lowest HP.
    Vox Poupli: (5 min CD) For the next 15 seconds, all party and raid members within 15 meters (at the time of casting) share an HP pool.
    Vox Dei: (5 min CD) Removes all cleansable debuffs from target player, heals them for 26589, and reduces incoming damage by 10% for 30 seconds. Cannot be cast on self.

What else is still annoying?

Force of Will: Melee attacks received no longer cause pushback
    Third Eye: As long as your target is within 3 meters, spells with a cast time do not require you to be facing your target
    Break Freer: Reduces the cooldown of Break Free by an additional 30 seconds.

And some miscellaneous overpowered active abilities that didn't fit elsewhere:

Lifetap: (toggle) While active, spells consume HP instead of MP.
    Rapture: Magical attacks have a chance to disarm your target for 3 seconds
    Ultrapurge: (instant, 2 min CD) Remove all purgable buffs from the target each second for the next 3 seconds.
    Backload: (instant, 90 sec CD) For the next 12 seconds, your attacks deal no damage. Instead, when Backload expires, your targets take damage equal to 85% of the damage you would've dealt.

And a couple last stupid passives to rank up in:
    Sublimate: (n/5) Incoming damage heals nearby allies within 30 meters for n% of damage done.
    Thorns: (n/5) Attackers take life damage equal to n% of the damage they deal the cleric.

Aaaand... perfect! Those are the kinds of abilities I'd like to see in the Cleric T2 PA PvP tree. I mean, I think they're all horrible ideas balance-wise, but it feels like forever since the 5 days of Cabalist OPness. I think another superpowered weekend would make for a good Cleric morale boost.
    Last edited by Kolfinna; 05-25-2012 at 01:36 AM.

If I could chose one thing, it would be a viable detaunt.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

For T2 PVP PA:
    • Celestial bonds
      • 0/3 - Heals on players under CC of Fear, stun, root shields the ally for:
      • 1/3: 150 ..
      • 2/3: 300 ..
      • 3/3: 500 damage
    • Quick Recovery
      • 0/3 - Reduces the cast time of the next castable ability by:
      • 1/3: 5 ..
      • 2/3: 10 ..
      • 3/3: 15 percent
    • Reinforce
      • 0/2 - Reduces damage taken when healed by
      • 1/2: 3%
      • 2/2: 5%
    • Blessing of Stone
      • 0/3 - While you are stunned / silenced, [X percent] amount of incoming damage is converted into 15% healing to people around you.
      • 1/3: 5 ..
      • 2/3: 10 ..
      • 3/3: 15 percent.
    • Rolling with the punches
      • 0/2 - ST heals on players whom are under 35% health will increase the damage output of the player by [X percent] for 8 seconds. Cannot effect self.
      • 1/2: 3 ..
      • 2/2: 6 percent

For T3 PVP PA:
    • Echoes of Ascension
      • Lasts 10 minutes.
      • Five minute CD.
      • Can be cast on remote players.
      • Resurrects the player with 50% HP, 25% mana / 15% energy
    • Bulwark of Will
      • Grants full immunity to ALL CC for eight seconds.
      • Increases outgoing damage by 3% for eight seconds.
      • Five minute CD.
    • Spirits of Life (one that actually AOE heals this time)
      • Heals up to five nearby raid members for 20% of their maximum HP pool.
      • Five minute CD.
      • Lasts 10 seconds.
    • Greater Empowerment
      • We all knew what this one did. Trion: Y U REMOVE AWESOME ABILITY??!
      • Three minute CD.
      • Causes next castable healing or damage spell to be a critical hit and instant cast.

Did i miss anything else that was semi-good from Templar (after some little tweaks added above)?

For anyone curious about the old Templar soul stuff, I pulled the info from here: http://telarapedia.com/wiki/Templar_abilities
    Making note however, since PVP PA is more or less permanent, there is honestly no need to have those percentages that high and being that readily available. So reducing it to more in-line realistic values seemed to be in order.

Those are what I would like to see in T2 and even T3 of PVP PA.

As for the other hexagons, fluff such as more valor, vengeance, buffs to lower tier PA buffs would be nice.
    --BC

A little off the top, 15% of all st heals will heal the cleric.

Great skills for wardens.

I would like the heal pet back if they made it actually work.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    A little off the top, 15% of all st heals will heal the cleric.

Great skills for wardens.

I would like the heal pet back if they made it actually work.
    I love your "a little off the top" idea.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

I miss detaunt
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

I would like more abilities that reward us for using single target heals in pvp.

oh and I also miss HEALING MOMENTUM.
    so how about bringing back healing momentum as

Healing momentum
    Activate
    The next single target healing you cast will efect 5 additional party members
    30 sec cooldown.

Burn through
    your Single target heals with a cast time, will ignore heal debuffs, this effect will end after 5 single target heals with a cast time have been used. this effect is only for pvp

cascade of retribution
    Every time you use a single target heal with a cast time on your target, 30% of the TOTAL DAMAGE HEALED will be done in AoE damage around the target. this damage only works in pvp.
    (this will reward people for saving lives with a bit of damage)
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

You miss the absolute worst aoe cast heal in game? And i dont see how you went all hipster against wardens and now want OP skills.

Having HI heal 6 people for 4k minimum? Every 30 seconds?
    Thats better than AoE orbs.

Nope.

Burn through invalidates skills, we already have negated push back and even under heal debuff, HI heals for a lot, and Puri heal still shields at full strength.

And you must be insane about the third one. Doing 1800 damage + to a group of people from 35m away? Not even MMs can do that.

Hell, not even cabs can do that. Not consistently like senti specs.

+ Reply to Thread