+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Byona
  • 1 Post By Alex113

Thread: ID Cleric Gearing

Default ID Cleric Gearing

Okay. So to-date there is only 1 weapon upgrade for clerics in ID. And who has PA in 2Hs?

Emberlord's Cauterizing Greatstaff
    http://rift.xanadu-community.com/ite...ewItem&id=1744

I havent seen the Tidal Force Truncheon from Akylios or and ive missed out on Bane of Madness. Havent seen the cleric staff or the dps dagger.

My only option is really the crafted ID dagger. So what I am asking is should I hold out for an Akylios to drop or get the dagger crafted?
    < Virus > End Game Raiding | US East | Guardian | Deepstrike (PvP, High PoP)
    Progression: 3/8 ID - 11/11 HK - 4/4 ROTP - 5/5 GSB - 4/4 ROS - 4/4 DH - 4/4 GP

I would not recommend getting the crafted weapon unless you are sure that you wont be getting an ID weapon any time soon and it appears that most of the cleric weapons will be dropping off of laethys, the eggs, and maelforge. (Side note here, WTF Trion, give us clerics some upgrade able weapons from the easy boss like everyone else has).

So in your case, being 3/(possible 6 atm), I would lean toward the crafted if your guild has had bad luck with cleric weapons dropping from Akylios.

As far as weapons go ID (that are upgrade able), there is a DPS hammer, Healing mace, and DPS totem already known. As well as a mage staff and totem (not the archon one). This is based on what was made available on the PTS during testing (not test gear, but the actual ID weapons).

Well, if you haven't gotten Conclave down yet to get Emberlord's Cauterizing Greatstaff... and your guild leader is okay with utilizing some of the mats, then you could go for the ID crafted piece.

Although, I'd probably rather wait it out for Akylios to drop something other than the Orb you still have. Once you craft an item, you almost always end up seeing your weapon drop just after.

Good luck.

Surely since the crafted dagger gets zero extra SP from PA it's not worth using right? Unless you have very low PA ofc.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    Surely since the crafted dagger gets zero extra SP from PA it's not worth using right? Unless you have very low PA ofc.
    How is that ? Is it bug or ? Pa description says one-hand mace OR dagger ?
    Evandro, Retired

My bad, your quite right, I thought it was only mages that got PA bonus for daggers, learn something every day
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Plane Touched

That staff looks really cool! I was lucky to get one the other day!
    Rallick - HE Cleric

Ascendant

Not a big deal imho. If you can't afford 100 plat to respec for staff I don't know what to tell you, and if it effects your tanking a little doing so... oh poor you with a staff with 810 spellpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Well, if you haven't gotten Conclave down yet to get Emberlord's Cauterizing Greatstaff... and your guild leader is okay with utilizing some of the mats, then you could go for the ID crafted piece.

Although, I'd probably rather wait it out for Akylios to drop something other than the Orb you still have. Once you craft an item, you almost always end up seeing your weapon drop just after.

Good luck.
    Ember greatstaff vs Bane of madness

888.75-800.25 = 88.5 sp gain
    84-96 = -12 (-100proc) crit loss, -112 total.

you reckon thats worth it? seeing that we are barely at soft cap and already losing crit from ID gear?
    See you all in Wildstar!

Prophet of Telara

I aint wasting my DKP on a staff, thats for sure

shp
    Champion

What Byona said, also I can't imagine playing cleric without hammer, so wtb some hammers!!

Rusila drops cleric offhand btw.

For those of us not wielding Bane, surely this staff is an upgrade too.

http://rift.zam.com/en/item/B096A48B...80%99s-Command

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    Ember greatstaff vs Bane of madness

888.75-800.25 = 88.5 sp gain
    84-96 = -12 (-100proc) crit loss, -112 total.

you reckon thats worth it? seeing that we are barely at soft cap and already losing crit from ID gear?
    I never had the Bane of Madness to begin with, so I never lost out on any crit. I had the Staff of Crazed Whispers before the Conclave staff dropped.

@Alex113 - Good thing we don't use DKP either .
    Last edited by Riane; 05-23-2012 at 02:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread