+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Healing Blessing: Please make this ability worth the investment!

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    399

    Default Healing Blessing: Please make this ability worth the investment!

    So, does anyone think this purchased ability, which requires 4 soul points to make worth the GCD it uses at all, actually worth the investment? At 1423 Spell Power, it's 242-246 per hit. Even non-elite mobs on EI often do more than 250 a hit. What are the devs thinking?

    I use it in PvP, but only because Caregiver's Blessing and Fiery Blessing are on CD, and it's better than a Healing Flare. But if I could spend those 4 points on anything else while staying 51 Purifier, I would in a blink.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

  2. #2
    Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    3,777

    Default

    Even at 51 puri, I feel this little "blessing" needs a buff more so than the other two blessings provided with the purifier soul.
    • Firey Blessing
      Seems to have more than a 10% crit chance. Even in beta/alpha, it always seemed like that being the case. (I like that)
    • Healing Blessing
      This got nerfed big time way back when due to flashover + Healing Blessing causing all three (or up to 6) crit healing on hit healing for almost all your HP. It seems to be a hard set value now rather true spell power scaling.
    • Caregiver's Blessing
      Not going to lie, this little buff seems to have had the donkeys-end of all the other things in purifier. However, this buff is stackable with other clerics using Caregiver's blessing as well. So this is where this buff might be getting that low-end absorption spectrum "boost".

      It appears to have a 36 point passive, however even at 51 puri, a 50% spell power bonus(if my math is correct) on Caregivers Blessing still doesn't feel right. Even at 2507 SP(as of this post), it's a low shielding amount for 713 damage, with five stacks nets a total of 3565 absorption over each heal. Its total absorbed is a fair amount, however on a "per use" application it appears small.

      My end thoughts on C.B.; It's fine - just have to know when and where to use it.
    --BC

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser MannSeastone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Yeah, that thing is terrible.

    Majn
    Be healed and be well.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Noshei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    This got nerfed big time way back when due to flashover + Healing Blessing causing all three (or up to 6) crit healing on hit healing for almost all your HP. It seems to be a hard set value now rather true spell power scaling.
    I just checked and this does certainly scale with SP, though like most (maybe all) shield abilities (this is kinda a shield) it most likely has a 0 coefficient. That doesn't mean there is no scaling, but that there is no additional scaling beyond what is always added by SP.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    I just checked and this does certainly scale with SP, though like most (maybe all) shield abilities (this is kinda a shield) it most likely has a 0 coefficient. That doesn't mean there is no scaling, but that there is no additional scaling beyond what is always added by SP.
    Healing Blessing isn't a shield. It's a terribly crappy heal on hit, that can only be cast on yourself. In fact, it's a buff, not a Heal, as the tooltip states. I spent hours with this spell in my ST heal macro, wondering why it never appeared to do anything. And then I saw it was in MY buff bar, not my targets.

    The other Blessings are okay. They're oGCD, so there's no real cost to using them. I certainly wouldn't mind a boost to them, but they're at least worth the investment.

    I use all the Blessings, but feel Healing Blessing is a travesty given how many soul points we spend on it.
    Last edited by Velkane; 05-22-2012 at 05:33 PM.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,000

    Default

    Agreed, it's a waste of time to use especially when you consider you can't even use it at the same time as other blessings.

    BUT lots of souls have things in them that no one ever uses, look at Shared Recovery in the Sentinel tree for instance.
    Last edited by Malark; 05-23-2012 at 07:30 AM.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    Agreed, it's a waste of time to use especially when you consider you can't even use it at the same time as other blessings.

    BUT lots of souls have things in them that no one ever uses, look at Shared Recovery in the Sentinel tree for instance.
    Well, lets buff that too. Or, really, change it completely, as it seems like a really dumb healing ability in an AoE healer tree. That might make sense in the Purifier tree, where Surging Flames could make it useful in some situations.

    But this thread is about bufffing Healing Blessing Maybe we could just trade crappy abilities? I think I could make good use of Shared Recovery in my Purifier build.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

  8. #8
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Healing Blessing is pretty underwhelming for the huge skill point investment and cool down but it's not as bad as Balm of the Woods. That spell utterly fails on all levels.
    Last edited by Trisian; 05-24-2012 at 04:36 AM.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Healing Blessing is pretty underwhelming for the huge skill point investment and cool down but it's not as bad as Balm of the Woods. That spell utterly fails on all levels.
    I used Balm of the Woods when I tried out 51 Druid. What else does a Druid/Shaman/Sentinel have other than Healing Breath? If you want to heal yourself in an emergency, it's worth using. And it's going to heal for more than Healing Blessing, at 1/4th the Soul Point investment. They're both bad, but I find it OK that the Druid heal is crappy ... that's not a Healing Soul.
    Last edited by Velkane; 05-24-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

  10. #10
    Ascendant Trisian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Velkane View Post
    I used Balm of the Woods when I tried out 51 Druid. What else does a Druid/Shaman/Sentinel have other than Healing Breath? If you want to heal yourself in an emergency, it's worth using. And it's going to heal for more than Healing Blessing, at 1/4th the Soul Point investment. They're both bad, but I find it OK that the Druid heal is crappy ... that's not a Healing Soul.
    It heals for over 400 less than breath of life with MoH turned on and has a massive cool down. Balm is a huge waste of a GCD and you're better to just pot or go balls out and eat the death if you don't make it when the dust clears.
    Last edited by Trisian; 05-25-2012 at 07:54 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts