+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Fix cleric dps, EASY!

Champion

Default Fix cleric dps, EASY!

Hey fellow clerics. Ive been giving our dps some thought lately. Sometimes I think an easy solution is the best, outside of a total revamp, and more likely to actually happen. So here are my thoughts about an easy fix:

Make shaman our highest single target dps spec(after all, you do have a melee penalty, which is arguably more difficult than standing safely at range): Reduce cooldown on massive blow to 10 seconds, OR, extend the duration of brutalize to 15 seconds while keeping the dps of the 3 stack the same. This would totally remove the rng nature of the class, would eliminate the need for clerics to run a clunky, melee caster jolt-n-bolt hybrid, AND give us the option to run a well rounded, high single target, high aoe dps spec that is mobile, as melee should be.

With this change, clerics could also put 14 into inquisitor to end up with very good aoe dps while only losing 1-2% single target dps. I would run a build like that for sure, as there are so many boss fights where a combination of good st and aoe is beneficial.

Inquisitor may need a slight bump, as I think it is falling a bit behind. Solution: boost bolt of depravity damage, perhaps make the dot component tick for alot more damage to prevent pvp burst damage complications. Also, give this spec a passive damage boost of 20% for bosses under 20% health.(4% damage increase, but lots of extra damage when its most needed; think:couple dps down, the bonus kicks in!)

Cabalist. This is supposed to be our super specialized, sacrifice any form of viable single target dps for a balls to the wall insane aoe dps spec. Sadly, we cant keep up with other classes anymore in this spec, while they do 50% higher single target dps in the same spec: Shadows touch should hit 5 targets. Bound fate should hit ten targets. Sign of asias needs a shorter cooldown. Sorry i forget the name of the spell, but our channelled single target spell should refresh the duration of our single target curse, which should tick much harder. Single target dps should go up about 20% so that it is low, but not silly.

Druid....meh.
    Last edited by stefe; 05-22-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stefe View Post
    Hey fellow clerics. Ive been giving our dps some thought lately. Sometimes I think an easy solution is the best, outside of a total revamp, and more likely to actually happen. So here are my thoughts about an easy fix:

Make shaman our highest single target dps spec(after all, you do have a melee penalty, which is arguably more difficult than standing safely at range): Reduce cooldown on massive blow to 10 seconds, OR, extend the duration of brutalize to 15 seconds while keeping the dps of the 3 stack the same. This would totally remove the rng nature of the class, would eliminate the need for clerics to run a clunky, melee caster jolt-n-bolt hybrid, AND give us the option to run a well rounded, high single target, high aoe dps spec that is mobile, as melee should be.

With this change, clerics could also put 14 into inquisitor to end up with very good aoe dps while only losing 1-2% single target dps. I would run a build like that for sure, as there are so many boss fights where a combination of good st and aoe is beneficial.

Inquisitor may need a slight bump, as I think it is falling a bit behind. Solution: boost bolt of depravity damage, perhaps make the dot component tick for alot more damage to prevent pvp burst damage complications. Also, give this spec a passive damage boost of 20% for bosses under 20% health.(4% damage increase, but lots of extra damage when its most needed; think:couple dps down, the bonus kicks in!)

Cabalist. This is supposed to be our super specialized, sacrifice any form of viable single target dps for a balls to the wall insane aoe dps spec. Sadly, we cant keep up with other classes anymore in this spec, while they do 50% higher single target dps in the same spec: Shadows touch should hit 5 targets. Bound fate should hit ten targets. Sign of asias needs a shorter cooldown. Sorry i forget the name of the spell, but our channelled single target spell should refresh the duration of our single target curse, which should tick much harder. Single target dps should go up about 20% so that it is low, but not silly.

Druid....meh.
    If they are going to go the super easy route I think the fastest way to boost cleric dps is by changing MOA from 25% to I dunno 35%. Trion is all about bandaids.
    Last edited by Synergis; 05-22-2012 at 10:19 AM.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

Plane Touched

How about we start by fixing weapon dps for cleric weapons.Why is it that the warrior 2 hand relic from Gsb has a weapon dps of 56.3 every 3.4 seconds, whilst the cleric hammer has a weapon dps of only 45.1 every 3.8 seconds? So, not only does our weapon do less dps(11.2 Dps lower!! wtf!!) its also .4 seconds slower. I don't know if there is a reason for this ,but fix it, and I bet clerics will be back to a "respectable" lvl, if you can call cleric dps respectable to begin with.
    Last edited by Haptiic; 05-22-2012 at 10:56 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Synergis View Post
    If they are going to go the super easy route I think the fastest way to boost cleric dps is by changing MOA from 25% to I dunno 35%. Trion is all about bandaids.
    Well the point i was trying to make was to fix some of the glaring problems with our three most commonly used dps specs, not just provide a flat damage increase(without a huge overhaul to the class, just simple fixes). Shaman rng is a big problem, fix this, and it puts shaman as our highest single target dps spec, with a viable high aoe option in the same build for flexibility.

Inquisitor is overall pretty decent just a bit short on st dps.

A flat boost to cab would not fix the abysmall st dps of this spec. I do not think it should be on par with inquisitor or shaman, but 2kish dps compared to 3-4k in our other specs is absurd.

about a month ago i posted the solution to shaman's problem, part of which you have here. However if you just increase the duration of brutalize it will decrease our dps.

What needs to happen to shaman is: Brutalize: Deals 90% of Massive Blow's damage over 15 seconds.
    This makes it so the dot ticks for the same as on live, however it won't fall off.

Inq dps does need a slight boost, i would say increasing BoD DoT damage and increasing Nysr's Rebuke damage would do it.

Cabalist just needs AoE increases, about a flat 20% AoE increase, so it can blow past everything in AoE. tbh, to hell with ST in cabalist, they ruined it for PvP when they made it easymode, just make it AoE nuke from hell.

Druid needs the Pet damage modifier (just damage, not healing) increased by about 30%.

[Edit]
    Last edited by Alyn; 05-23-2012 at 04:45 AM. Reason: Disparaging comments towards Trion/employees
    *Looks at Greenscale* "Ima Boop you on the head"... "BOOP"*arrow hits Greenscale in the face* *slip away* "RoFL" .... Raid wipe.

Ascendant

After leveling a Mage to 50, I kinda disagree with the above.

While Cleric DPS is kinda ?!!?!?!?!? Playing the Mage is really weird and I reallly don't know what the point of some of their souls are, like Elementalist. You can talk about RNG but their best DPS build you basically have to wait for a 10% chance to use your biggest damage spell.
    Last edited by Malark; 05-23-2012 at 01:23 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post

While Cleric DPS is kinda ?!!?!?!?!? Playing the Mage is really weird and I reallly don't know what the point of some of their souls are, like Elementalist. You can talk about RNG but their best DPS build you basically have to wait for a 10% chance to use your biggest damage spell.
    Mage dps isn't RNG-related to the point where bad RNG means you lose 500 dps like with 51 Shaman. Mage dps is more complex and I must say I love playing my mage.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Mage dps isn't RNG-related to the point where bad RNG means you lose 500 dps like with 51 Shaman. Mage dps is more complex and I must say I love playing my mage.
    It is a class that is even more restricted in DPS options than Cleric though imo. You might find playing a pyro/warlock enjoyable, but it's pretty much all you're going to be playing.

Ascendant

It is a class that is even more restricted in DPS options than Cleric though imo. You might find playing a pyro/warlock enjoyable, but it's pretty much all you're going to be playing.
    ?

Cleric is currently restricted to Jolt n Bolt for melee and 51 Inquisitor for ranged. That's it....unless you're including specs that do less dps, such as Shaman or Druid.

Mages are in the same boat: 38 lock/28 pyro for pure ST, 36 pyro/30 lock for less-talented mages or fights with a little necessary AoE.

It's worth noting, though, that each class offers alternative roles: clerics have several very good healing specs and can tank, while mages can Archon or Chloro.
    Last edited by Ahov; 05-23-2012 at 02:30 AM.

Tbh, don't see the logic that strongest dps build for caster class should be melee spec.
    Evandro, Retired

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mauzeer View Post
    Tbh, don't see the logic that strongest dps build for caster class should be melee spec.
    Cleric isn't specifically a "caster class."

We have a tank soul in Justicar and two other melee souls in Shaman/Druid.
    Last edited by Ahov; 05-23-2012 at 03:35 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Mauzeer View Post
    Well, its not a hard rule, but playing melee generally requires a higher level of difficulty than a caster due to positional requirements, movement, aoe, etc. Therefore, a class that can both melee and ranged dps(see rogues), typically is capable of higher dps in their melee build when executed properly. It does make sense to a degree.

If you want to make mage-based comparisons, then a 51 Inquisitor or 51 Druid spec is about the same as a 51 Pyro spec. That, frankly, is about where 51pt specs should be though in my opinion: behind the absolute top specs.

I don't want to see 51 Inq or 51 Druid get DPS boosts, though I would like to see 51 Shaman become far less of an RNG-fest. I would like the opportunity for us to come up with high DPS combos that require some gaming focus to pull off effectively - maybe something like B'n'J only at range, or a Druid combo spec that doesn't involve "51 pts or you're not doing it right, you eejit".

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Cleric isn't specifically a "caster class."

We have a tank soul in Justicar and two other melee souls in Shaman/Druid.
    I tought, in Rift, casters use mana. But, well ....
    Evandro, Retired

A little off topic. I've been playing for a little over a year. 3 days ago I saw the 51 point elementalist ability for the first time. The little fire elementals are crazy. And ripped thu my hp like butta.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast