+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By glanomol

Thread: Blazing Recondite vs Blazing Runeshard

Rift Chaser

Default Blazing Recondite vs Blazing Runeshard

Is it just me, or do these two runes seem horribly balanced against each other? 10 WIS is 7.5 Spell Power, PLUS mana, PLUS mana regen. Why would anyone pick +9 Spell Power over that? I suppose some of our specs have +%SP, but it just doesn't seem to measure up.

What am I missing?
    Arch General Velkhar, P50 Cleric
    PvP Healing: Purifier, AoE Healer, Senticar, Ward/Sent
    PvP Open World: Duracell-esque

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Velkane View Post
    Is it just me, or do these two runes seem horribly balanced against each other? 10 WIS is 7.5 Spell Power, PLUS mana, PLUS mana regen. Why would anyone pick +9 Spell Power over that? I suppose some of our specs have +%SP, but it just doesn't seem to measure up.

What am I missing?
    That you never run out of mana anyway, and 9 > 7.5 . . . It's a personal preference really.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    That you never run out of mana anyway, and 9 > 7.5 . . . It's a personal preference really.
    Ah, I guess that's a PvE conceit. In PvP I'm running around with 0 mana a lot, due to drains.

the straight spellpower is best for mages.

Shield of Telara

more spell power is better in PvE and PvP. I have SP favored in all my gear (including my PvP gearset) and it has worked out just fine. If I am getting CC'd and Mana drained then it is heavy and more than a few extra wisdom is going to help with since players who actually pay attention to the cleric know what they are doing and players that don't (most people in war fronts) are much more common.

9.0 > 7.5.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by aLittleBird View Post
    more spell power is better in PvE and PvP. I have SP favored in all my gear (including my PvP gearset) and it has worked out just fine. If I am getting CC'd and Mana drained then it is heavy and more than a few extra wisdom is going to help with since players who actually pay attention to the cleric know what they are doing and players that don't (most people in war fronts) are much more common.

9.0 > 7.5.
    Oh I'm sure no matter what way you go, it'll "work out fine". It is only 1.5 SP difference, ~50 mana, and .5 mana regen. I think there's only 5 slots where this tradeoff can be made, so it works out to less than 10 SP, 250 MP, and 2.5 mana regen total. Those numbers are pretty trivial, when we're talking about 1300+ spell power, 5500+ mana, and 150+ mana regen.

It just seems to me like you get more, in total, from +WIS runes than the +SP runes. I tend to think all the stats are useful, and even if getting drained is rare, it does happen. And I'd rather not die because I was OOM, or even worse have to go get myself killed because I'm OOM and can't get out of combat long enough to drink (I've done this more than a few times in Library).
    Last edited by Velkane; 05-22-2012 at 09:45 AM.

Mana regen is a joke in this game. I dont have the exact numbers because its been a while since i checked it, but iirc going from 500->700wis gave around 5 mana per 10sec. There is a huge diminishing return on mana regen at higher gear levels.
    And if you are being drained the difference in mana pool wont matter either. Basically, just go for the SP.
    Last edited by glanomol; 05-22-2012 at 09:51 AM.
    Glan <Malevolence>

+ Reply to Thread