+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Cleric Healers are BROKEN

Default Cleric Healers are BROKEN

I don't know who the geniuses are that designed the Cleric abilities, but they must play any other class but Cleric. The class is dying because people don't want to play it anymore. It's BROKEN.

I like to play the warfronts, but I'm not a viable healer there. People are always complaining "where are the heals?" Well, we're trying, but it's impossible to heal when you're getting your butt kicked by every other class and you can't even heal yourself, much less everyone else.

It's a joke. Clerics are easy pickings on the battlefield. The fun factor is zero.

I'm a level 50, rank 40 healing cleric in the top 50 for PVP ranks and I'm about ready to quit. If the devs can't fix this game then I hope everyone leaves it. I'm ready to give GW2 a try. Screw healing.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SubRock View Post
    I don't know who the geniuses are that designed the Cleric abilities, but they must play any other class but Cleric. The class is dying because people don't want to play it anymore. It's BROKEN.

I like to play the warfronts, but I'm not a viable healer there. People are always complaining "where are the heals?" Well, we're trying, but it's impossible to heal when you're getting your butt kicked by every other class and you can't even heal yourself, much less everyone else.

It's a joke. Clerics are easy pickings on the battlefield. The fun factor is zero.

I'm a level 50, rank 40 healing cleric in the top 50 for PVP ranks and I'm about ready to quit. If the devs can't fix this game then I hope everyone leaves it. I'm ready to give GW2 a try. Screw healing.

Try something other than warden.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Try something other than warden.
    Pretty much it. I don't understand why anybody even uses that soul especially these days really.

OH LOOK! BURST DAMAGE! Don't worry guys because in about 15 seconds you'll be back to full health.

About the only thing I think is a minor acceptance would be Ward/Sent, but at no point would it ever be my first choice.

If you're dying so much, either L2PvPSenticar or *gasp* position better and communicate with your team more. If they don't listen? Go DPS. If they don't want to play as a team or get heals, then don't heal them. It's very simple. Worry about what they say when you're in a premade/somewhat coordinated group.

Unfortunately I don't think people understand that winning =/= the largest favor/prestige gain at all times. Winning means gaining the most favor/prestige over time. It's a carebear game folks. You don't lose anything. You are always progressing during a loss.

Simple.

Save your winning attitude for when it matters and understand that all of these games are purely about farming and gaining the most of anything over time. That's how you win these games.
    Last edited by Tekkaman; 05-20-2012 at 09:41 PM.
    ODOMA!!!

If what you are running is warden, id say give 51 sentinel a shot. Since they removed the knock back from the longer casts, Healing invocation and Restorative flame, some of the burst damage can be healed through. Good luck once you get marked though. Nothing outside of 3 cross healing p40s with going to save u from the pain train that is melee.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

Prophet of Telara

Run 38 warden/ 28 Sent, I am doing fine by it. But I am fully geared so that makes a differences.

There is about 4 specs for clerics for healing that do good, just have to find the one that does best for you.

P.S. Rune out your gear and get stones on them, and use Revit seeds, I love them.

Full purifier is OP in WF's. The shielding is amazing, don't knock it till you tried it.

You show almost no healing on the meter, you bolster all your squashies and drastically improve thier survivability making a big difference to the team.

If you get behind a good warrior you can make him/her into a god.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

I'm another P40 healer who does fine and I run 39 Sent/27 Warden. What's your spec? Who are you queuing with? What consumables are you using? Do you have any videos of times when you were unable to heal people?

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Listen to mann and tyaus, but also, healing as a cleric is pretty ****ty and thank less these days, especially in a pug.

Telaran

Even though we did get hit fairly hard (still) with the nerf bat, I still really enjoy my sent/ward spec (34/32 iirc) in pvp. As stated earlier, since the knockback has been removed, you can spam HI pretty effectively if you aren't in the spotlight, while rotating hots in constantly for extra heals and serendipity. You have the TTL + HI macro for a quick big heal.. Healing Communion.. Covenant.. Orbs of the stream.. Healer's Haste.. Tidal Surge..

You literally have TONS of things in your arsenal to use. It's impossible to keep an entire raid of 15 alive if you're the only healer in there, but if you have a little help with heals and some decent distraction / protection, it's a pretty tasty spec to use still in my opinion. I'm sure there are some people that will read this who have seen some damn good numbers and matches from Medikated@Deepwood. Just hit r40 over this weekend too, so I've been pretty undergeared this whole time.

The flipside is, you have garbage for defense, other than your own heals. Don't consider ever attacking either, unless it's to silence someone.

I still use 51 warden successfully in pvp, if I'm up against heavy damagers I switch to senticar (ugh).

Not saying this are a bed of roses but the theatrics are not necessary. Healing is annoying, not broken.

Get better :T

S/N: gonna try puri this weekend and see what all the hub bub is about however I don't know if my planar and trinket will be any good. I don't have an sp pvp planar.

Do the shields proc those as well? Or do I have to build I new planar? Same question goes for the trinket? Does it proc shields? How about the sp proc via heal one?
    Last edited by Eughe; 05-21-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    Full purifier is OP in WF's. The shielding is amazing, don't knock it till you tried it.

You show almost no healing on the meter, you bolster all your squashies and drastically improve thier survivability making a big difference to the team.

If you get behind a good warrior you can make him/her into a god.
    I've seen you on Sooki with your pocket healer spamming Puri heals on you - your puri healer indeed shows very little healing, and your warrior is indeed unstoppable. I don't think I've seen anyone strip Latent Blaze or the Ward yet, which I find almost unbelievable O.o.

Puri heals are incredibly strong ST heals, but they rely on not being purged - which, as I say, seems to rarely happen, lol. Personally, I prefer Senticar these days - ST heals are rubbish, but for raid healing it's unbeatable.

Prophet of Telara

Unless you're in a premade it's all about aoe. a ward/sent and a senticar can do it pretty well tho i cant help but feel that everyone is just dieing far to easily yet again. Rifts infamous balancing strategy of "buff DPS" at its glory.
    Puri's are only good for premades where youre assigned to a couple of front-chargers
    Last edited by Alex113; 05-21-2012 at 11:26 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by MannSeastone View Post
    I'm another P40 healer who does fine and I run 39 Sent/27 Warden. What's your spec? Who are you queuing with? What consumables are you using? Do you have any videos of times when you were unable to heal people?
    38/28 Sent/Warden works jsut as good, not sure why so many people still use 38ward/28 sent, marked by the light once mann introduced me to it is way too good to pass up.

As for 51 puri, sure it's good but i think all those shields are purgable so essentially all you need is one marksman lolwtf spameradicate and you've been completely nullified. Unfortunately there's only a handful of marksman good enough to recognize that there's a purifier healing, and often times thsoe are the top dpsing marksman as well.
    Last edited by Ak1230; 05-21-2012 at 11:44 PM.
    Akx - Blackout@Deepwood
    http://riftblackout.com

Quote Originally Posted by SubRock View Post

Funny, but I still see many a cleric able to hold off 2 or even three melee's without dropping......

Oh I get it now, your just a bad r40........got it, sorry, my bad!

Trolling over now.

Seriously, try other specs, I have a low rank cleric (3) and even I can manage decent heals with justicar and sentinal, even with rank 1 pvp gear. Sure if I get focused on I go down, but thats the way it should be!

Oh and another thing, learn to position! This is sometimes even more important than the amount of healing you dish out.......... if you see 2 or 3 melee coming, MOVE!

39/27 Sent/Warden is the same thing as 34/32, but better. Healing Showers + Glassy Reflection < 36 point Sentinel passive, Marked by the Light, and extra points in the Sentinel tree.

I saw a 51 Puri today and was not impressed. You need strong AOE healing capabilities to keep your team alive against Sabs/Cabs/Rift Storm. All Puri offers in that regard is one AOE shield. Healing Communions are weak without Serendipity, Marked by the Light, Protect the Flock, or Overflow.

38 Sent/28 Puri has equivalent single-target power via Healer's Covenant, Healer's Haste, and Serendipity while retaining the AOE capabilities and splash healing of a 38 Sentinel build. You really don't want to run 51 Puri in a 5v5. Eradicate and chained CC/interrupts will shut you down hard.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast