+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: How come i am not support?

Default How come i am not support?

Unless i am mistaken then I think trion need to reconsider what qualifies a player as support. I have made a warden/druid/inq build of 16/32/18 but i am not only classed as dps in groups and cannot queue as support. I have a range of CC (two silences, sleep for 10 seconds, snare and knock back), many different heals and a pet. I haven't finished playing around with the talent points yet but its fun to play and has a lot of utility.

It would be nice to be labelled as support when im in a party so players know i will be dishing out heals plus be able to queue for support (not waste a role going 22 points in justicar just so i can queue as support and then run it as this role)

Quote Originally Posted by jaal View Post
    Unless i am mistaken then I think trion need to reconsider what qualifies a player as support. I have made a warden/druid/inq build of 16/32/18 but i am not only classed as dps in groups and cannot queue as support. I have a range of CC (two silences, sleep for 10 seconds, snare and knock back), many different heals and a pet. I haven't finished playing around with the talent points yet but its fun to play and has a lot of utility.

It would be nice to be labelled as support when im in a party so players know i will be dishing out heals plus be able to queue for support (not waste a role going 22 points in justicar just so i can queue as support and then run it as this role)
    It would be nice, but the support roles are pretty rigidly defined. Hell, I wish there was more flexibility in general... I solo heal reg AP/CC/CR on my 49 cleric as Inquisicar, but I had to set up a healing role so I could queue as a healer. :3
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Soulwalker

You know what's funny about all this though? If you queue yourself as a justicar tank it sometimes gives you the option of going support... which I find incredibly ridiculous.

So a full-fledged tank is more apt to fulfilling the role of tank than a hybrid healer/dps? I find that incredibly hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Efeistion69 View Post
    So a full-fledged tank is more apt to fulfilling the role of tank than a hybrid healer/dps? I find that incredibly hard to believe.
    It's because x/Justi is ostensibly the best support kit, and it's only looking to see if you have the points in Justi to successfully make up that component. Yes, the same rationale could be applied to other builds, and probably should.
    Last edited by Kyera; 05-20-2012 at 08:12 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

The queue system is imperfect.

This is known.

I've run experts with 4 dps and Justicar tanking whilst healing and I've done runs with a Bard solo healing, but the system doesn't cater to certain levels of awesome.
    Last edited by Primalthirst; 05-20-2012 at 08:16 AM.
    Nope.

[QUOTE=Kyera;3797314]It would be nice, but the support roles are pretty rigidly defined./QUOTE]

I thought trion was marketing this game as one where you arnt stuck to your normal tank/dps/healer and can make a mixed up class to fill a special role

Clerics don't have a true support role.

To queue as support you must have 22+ points into justicar (in at least 1 role).
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrex View Post
    To queue as support you must have 22+ points into justicar (in at least 1 role).
    Yes we know that put that is what i am arguing against. Clerics can eaily combine a DPS and Heal soul to make a support role.

Of course the easy solution is to have the 22justicar spec for the q and roll in whatever support spec you want. Or watch the warlords erupt in anger...

Quote Originally Posted by jaal View Post
    Yes we know that put that is what i am arguing against. Clerics can eaily combine a DPS and Heal soul to make a support role.
    they dont have a rift 'support' build or soul. Having RM and DoL makes them a healer or raid healer.

Main tank to is to off tank as main tank healer is to raid healer.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

The system is broken, you just have to suck it up I'm afraid. Solo healing in a spec that's not even considered as support by the game is an everyday occurrence. At the same time I can queue as support on my Mage who only has a 51 Chloro build. Over-support or what?

As the OP said. Roll out a Trion sanctioned support spec and then use what you want. It's the only viable option.

Plane Touched

When I started the game I put my points in Inquisitor + Sentinel, and went quite deep in sentinel. I was happy I would queue has both healer and dps.
    Until the day I got kicked because my Healing Grace spam wasn't sufficient. This day I also discovered what a role is

Quote Originally Posted by kode9 View Post
    When I started the game I put my points in Inquisitor + Sentinel, and went quite deep in sentinel. I was happy I would queue has both healer and dps.
    Until the day I got kicked because my Healing Grace spam wasn't sufficient. This day I also discovered what a role is
    Queuing as support and queuing as a healer are two different things...

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrex View Post
    Clerics don't have a true support role.

Clerics do have a true support role. They are not the same as mages. They are not the same as rogues. Rogues are not the same as mages or clerics. Mages are not the same as clerics or rogues. It does not exclude any of them from being support. Trion defines support as the ability to support the group through a combination of damage, healing, and buffs. Clerics do all three. Of the three classes that can fill a support role, clerics have by far the highest dps in their support role, the highest burst aoe raid healing, good support tank heals via righteous mandate, and excellent raid buffs ranging from 7-14% raid wide caster damage increase among others.

Different classes have different flavors of support. Mages and rogues give several raid buffs. Rogues do low dps and modest raid healing with almost no focused tank heals. It does not mean they are not support. Mages do almost no(or no) healing in their most common support role, but reasonable dps and great raid buffs. They are all different classes with unique strengths within their support roles.

There are a couple of vocal clerics in the community who insist clerics are not support. One even has something in his signature to that affect, since that is apparently the most important thing he wants to be known for. However, trion does not agree with this. Clerics are support, and they do so incredibly well.
    Last edited by stefe; 05-21-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Champion

Oh, and the reason you cant que as support in that spec is that any effective cleric support spec has at least 11 pts, preferably 14, in justicar. DoL is the strongest component of a clerics support role. The other 52 points can be placed into dps souls to round out the support role. The points you have in warden are almost useless compared to the strength of having 14 in justicar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast