+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vision for clerics

Soulwalker

Default Vision for clerics

I really want to know what the vision is for clerics?

As it stands right now we aren't top or even close on hps or dps anymore.

If you are top hps over mages what spec are you running?

Top dps what spec?

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Senticar is still best at aoe healing in the game. You could go 51 warden if you want to top hps.

Damage or Healing metres are never a good barometer of success. I can top dps charts by going 51 Cab in trash or raid heal with senticar and be top dog but as a healer even with a tank healing spec (Sent/Puri) i can top HPS due to Surging Flame. Each situation is different and its nice to see your name at the top but as long as the encounter is beaten I don't really care. I used to be 51 Puri and would have HPS as no more then 300 and still be the most important person in the raid because of mitigation healing which doesn't show on metres (e.g. Mage healer in King Molinar).

ST Inq DPS is always going to low compared to others though
    You've got red on you.

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

Judging damage and healing success by meters is like judging how good someone is in bed by the size of their *****.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Viz Shady View Post
    Judging damage and healing success by meters is like judging how good someone is in bed by the size of their *****.
    ... of their socks?
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrex View Post
    ... of their socks?
    I wear socks that go to to my knees . . . even with sandals... that's right ladies, line up on the left.

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    I wear socks that go to to my knees . . . even with sandals... that's right ladies, line up on the left.
    Full body suit, mad?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by MNM View Post
    Full body suit, mad?
    How can you possibly leave that on the whole time? The logistics are just mind boggling!

MNM
    Prophet of Telara

There are issues, but I do look good!

Relying on a meter to see if you're the top healer is not the best assessment on whether you've done your job right or wrong. So long as you know that you kept people alive during the damage and/or topped off a person that could have died, that's when you know you've done your job well.

If you're playing the spec you're asked to play in a raid and you perform it well then your HPS doesn't matter one bit.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Viz Shady View Post
    It's true that healing isn't cut and dry, but when it comes to damage, things are different, it pretty much is cut and dry on alot of encounters in the game. If you had higher damage per second on the meter, you performed better. The exceptions are when mechanics specifically target you or you had other things to do on that fight like interrupt/purge/cleanse.
    Last edited by Malark; 05-18-2012 at 07:05 PM.

We are definitely top HPS, especially in PvP. I run these specs and Senticar.

Majn
    Be healed and be well.

Shadowlander

Chloro, especially raid heal, will consistently parse above any kind of Cleric when it comes to HPS--for Cleric, HPS comes to who hits the heal button first, whereas Chloro has constant overheal that bleeds over into real heals when people are damaged in AoE-intensive fights. Honestly, I wouldn't worry too much about what the parse says when it comes to fights with lots of AoE damage--you're doing more than you think, even if the raid heal Chloro has higher HPS than you

And just to mention that again - HPS parses are a pile of rubbish.

I run Purisent and 51 Puri in most raids. I judge my performance on one thing and one thing only - did the tank die?

A Chloro would out heal me on the parses, however my shields mean the tank takes much less damage. Quid pro quo - less damage to heal, less hps, tank is alive, boss is dead. Job done.

Ignore the parses, keep the tank up. Happy days.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Merridwyn View Post
    And just to mention that again - HPS parses are a pile of rubbish.

I run Purisent and 51 Puri in most raids. I judge my performance on one thing and one thing only - did the tank die?

A Chloro would out heal me on the parses, however my shields mean the tank takes much less damage. Quid pro quo - less damage to heal, less hps, tank is alive, boss is dead. Job done.

Ignore the parses, keep the tank up. Happy days.

I have a meter that tells he how much dmg was absorbed for when I run 51 puri. whenever someone tries to call out my lack of healing I remind them I am a tank healer and link the amount of dmg absorbed, usually shuts them up pretty quick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast