+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: cleric tank specs?

Soulwalker

Default cleric tank specs?

I am looking for an updated Cleric tank spec to run t2 experts. I would like to tank and dps or tank/heals allowing the healer to do more dps too if possible. currently in t2+ tanking gear.

Soulwalker

no one has ideas? was thinking of a 40-41ish just, 3sham 21-22ish cab not sure yet. i guess ill just have to try it.

Shadowlander

You could run a 3x/26 Justi/Druid build or possibly Justi/Sent.
    However i would suggest the traditional tanking spec as it will more likely be benifictial to have the healer as a hybrid instead. Asuming a cleric is healing, cabicar should be sufficient for trash and inquisicar for bosses.

Rift Disciple

51j/12puri/3sham is the current max mitigation build. Right behind that is the 51j/12inq/3sham build. No longer is cab needed for threat control, and going higher in justicar results in higher mitigation. Running the puri spec will give you a cleanse and a nice 30sec shield, while the inq spec will give you a small fear immunity and a purge. I personally like the puri for raids and inq for most anything else.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by mxdiz View Post
    51j/12puri/3sham is the current max mitigation build. Right behind that is the 51j/12inq/3sham build. No longer is cab needed for threat control, and going higher in justicar results in higher mitigation. Running the puri spec will give you a cleanse and a nice 30sec shield, while the inq spec will give you a small fear immunity and a purge. I personally like the puri for raids and inq for most anything else.
    He is not asking for the specs with the most mitigation, but a hybrid for dps or heal.
    Also by the sounds of it 12inq would have a effective HP than 12 puri for him due to gear.

Champion

51justicar/12inq/3shaman. If you want to provide more support healing other than salvation, reparation and doctrine of loyalty, use the sacred heirloom of eth as a trinket(it normally surpasses salvation and reparation heals for me, typically 20-35% of healing done), and put together a cheap sigil of the five with a hot and shield greater. Filll the four lesser slots with 50 stone wisdom/endurance/block for 200 stones, which you can farm in one weekend. Not good for raids, but for t2's where the damge is low, it makes running without a healer, or only a support heal, very easy while maintaining the full mitigation build.

12inq is nice for the purge and fear immunity in t2's.
    Last edited by stefe; 05-22-2012 at 03:47 AM.

Rift Disciple

Yea using the inq variant you can increase your heal modifier and spell crit allowing you to heal a bit more. You can also use the +1000 hp hot essence from the t2 rr, crystal vine, and the 2k hot trinket from the water rr. That is plenty to heal yourself through most trash, though you might have to switch to the puri variant for a cleanse on some fights.

Ascendant

Alot of specs work, I've been running this for a while...

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...RsqesdqR.0c.-6

Basically, you get a cleanse, you can use healing flood and healing spray before and during the fight to help with agro, DOLS heal for more, and there's an ability to break out of snares if you need it.

Putting 12 into Purifier I also like, Cabalist can be good too for magic damage fights. It really depends but i'd say the Warden lets you speed clear experts pretty effectively. Purifier has a ress, which can be great if for whatever reason other people won't or can't ress. Purifier may be beter for straight up range tanking also because of soul lance, water jet damage can be a little low and won't get you a conviction.
    Last edited by Malark; 05-22-2012 at 06:34 AM.

Ascendant

Just to add, I don't think it's good to run specs that aren't full tank.

You will still be limited to pulling 1 pack at a time probably if you run some sort of hybrid, instead of 3 or more depending on how good your healer is and if you want to do a dungeon fast, you pull more than a pack at a time.

i personaly can not get away from the 51 justi/12 Puri/3 Shami. but if i would go for a hybrid build that does not have 51 justi (Which i dont know why you would not) it would have to be a 26 Druid/40 justi/0 Shami.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....VhRsVxsdVR.-6

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Elliath View Post
    i personaly can not get away from the 51 justi/12 Puri/3 Shami. but if i would go for a hybrid build that does not have 51 justi (Which i dont know why you would not) it would have to be a 26 Druid/40 justi/0 Shami.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....VhRsVxsdVR.-6
    I have a build very similar to this one except I took Sent over Shaman for Healing Breath and my points are slightly difference in Druid. This is a fun build to tank experts with. I can pretty much solo heal a dungeon between myself and my fairy, some dungeons are harder than others but it is pretty fun. It it not a progression build at all but helps break up the monotony of running experts. Keep in mind I have mostly HK pieces so I am a little OP for experts but it is still fun non the less.

Rift Disciple

Is a 6 cab build (for Dark Harbor) particularly viable in raid fights, or does the endurance/shield of inq/puri outweigh that?

Quote Originally Posted by Akyaevin View Post
    Is a 6 cab build (for Dark Harbor) particularly viable in raid fights, or does the endurance/shield of inq/puri outweigh that?
    Depends on how much you are lacking in your innate resists. Below 100, it could be. But if you are around 200+, the extra % is very very minimal. I'd still go for puri or inq
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

I have seen a few cleric tanks drop justicar to 44ish (or lower!) and pick up warden.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Akyaevin View Post
    Say you go to tank GP, the 2nd boss doesn't even swing a weapon at you, it's all magic damage, and the last boss also pretty much also only ever throws earth bolts at you.

6 in Cabalist is definitely superior in those cases, doesn't matter if you have 0 resist or 200 it's better.
    Last edited by Malark; 05-24-2012 at 08:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast