+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Check out this new Healing spec I came up with for raids.

Default Check out this new Healing spec I came up with for raids.

I thought that I would go ahead and post my variation of the senticar/warden hybrid here is a link to the build.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...V0z.xE0xopo.-6

Below I will explain my rotation and why I have the points assigned to were I have them. I also will give the macros I have for this build there is 6 of them. Also this spec includes 4 oh **** heals all on 45 sec cool downs 2 for single target that will top off the tank and keep him protected as well as 2 for the raid not counting DOL ,your warden ticks, or the heal when damaged is set off by overflow that you pre-hot with the rotation. It includes luminous gaze from the sentinel tree and should be kept up at all times on bosses to maximize the DPS of the raid force. Start by popping the orbs on the tank so that he is healing through the first 3 GCD why you get your first few casts off than after that go in to the rotation.

Here is my rotation:

Luminous gaze
    Soothing stream x2
    Healing Breath
    Soothing stream x2
    ranged macro
    Healing Spray
    Deluge
    Healing Flood
    Healing Currant
    Soothing Stream
    Healing Invocation
    Ranged Macro

You only cast the soothing stream once after the first time through the rotation the second time through and so on you would cast :
    Luminous gaze
    Soothing stream
    Healing Breath
    ranged macro
    Healing Spray
    Deluge
    Healing Flood
    Healing Currant
    Soothing Stream
    Healing Invocation
    Ranged Macro

Diffrent Macros

Macro 1: Ranged Macro

#show Life's Vengeance
    Cast Bolt of Radiance
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Life's Vengeance
    Cast Light Bolt

Macro 2: Group heals

#show Doctrine of Loyalty
    Cast Doctrine of Loyalty
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Divine Call
    Cast Healing Communion

Macro 3 Group Oh **** #1

#show Ripple
    Cast Ripple
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Tidal Surge
    Cast Touch the Light
    Cast Healing invocation
    Cast Soothing Stream

Macro 4 Group Oh **** #2

#show Healer's Haste
    Cast Tidal Surge
    Cast Doctrine of Loyalty
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Divine Call
    Cast Healer's Haste
    Cast Healing Communion

Macro 5 Single target Oh **** #1

#show Touch the Light
    Cast Tidal Surge
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Touch the Light
    Cast Healing Invocation

Macro 6 Single Target Oh **** #2

#show Healer's Covenant
    Cast Healer's Covenant
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Healing Breath
    Cast Healer's Haste
    Cast Healing Invocation

The way that the macros are set up that you have all of your cool down abilities being shown and can cast just the cool down if needed so that you can cast it in a different rotation than the macro on the fly.

If you have any questions are have any comments please leave them or contact me in game I am on Gnarlwood in game name Abealri. I would like to have your feed back and know what you think. I know it is a lengthy post thank you for reading it. I also know the rotation is long but most cast are instant cast.
    Last edited by Abealri; 05-18-2012 at 06:07 AM. Reason: misspeled word

Shadowlander

Senticar = VERY bad progression raid spec.

Its great for over geared content that you want to try and single/duo heal, but should not be brought into ID or whatever your current progression targets are.

Quote Originally Posted by Norrath View Post

Its great for over geared content that you want to try and single/duo heal, but should not be brought into ID or whatever your current progression targets are.

L2P please ?
    You made my day

Shadowlander

Besides the obvious need to bring Purifiers into ID for progression. I believe what you meant to say was ... Warden/Sentinels Hybrids are generally bad in progression. Sure, they have huge HPS numbers with the roilling HoTs, but they lack overwhelming powerful heals to keep tanks alive. There are exceptions as you start to gear up and/or outgear the content. I myself love playing my ward/sent on aky MT healing.

Senticar however (depending on the build variation) is most assuredly for progression raiding.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by xnvidia View Post
    L2P please ?
    You made my day
    You are more then welcome to try and justify it but it lacks in comparison to other specs.

On progression fights in ID there is no way this spec keeps up with tank damage. AE healing is equal to that of a 45 inquisicar but you lose ~1500 dps.

This spec does alot of things well but does nothing better then its 51 counterparts. Like I said it is very powerful on faceroll raids, 10 mans, & T2s that you completely over gear as you can replace AE and tank healers. But on Progression fights where responsibilities are much more strict, this spec is very weak.

And if you are dead set against 51 point builds, and your in ID, 44 puri/sent and the 34 puri/sent builds are both MUCH more valuable in there.

Rift Disciple

Over Inquisicars, Senticars bring more flexible burst healing, AOE cleanses, spot tank heals and an extra battle rez. It's a more than useful role in ID if you have the right raid composition.

Ascendant

You are more then welcome to try and justify it but it lacks in comparison to other specs.

On progression fights in ID there is no way this spec keeps up with tank damage. AE healing is equal to that of a 45 inquisicar but you lose ~1500 dps.

This spec does alot of things well but does nothing better then its 51 counterparts. Like I said it is very powerful on faceroll raids, 10 mans, & T2s that you completely over gear as you can replace AE and tank healers. But on Progression fights where responsibilities are much more strict, this spec is very weak.

And if you are dead set against 51 point builds, and your in ID, 44 puri/sent and the 34 puri/sent builds are both MUCH more valuable in there.
    The strong points of Senticar remain the same as they were in HK; you have Godmode aoe heals and can tank heal as needed. Any fight where multiple tanks are getting thrashed and aoe dmg goes out, Senticar is incredible.

I suppose I can spell it out for you.

Drak = heal any tank as seen fit, and cover 100% of the aoe healing.

Ituziel = cover almost all of the aoe healing in the last 33% with communion spam + toss an HC on a tank if they eat a fire wave

Conclave = tossing out DoLs while running out of crystals, and topping everyone off in the later phases, while also keeping tanks topped off (particularly for Brink of Extinction)

Maklamos = once again keeping all tanks topped off and then covering virtually all raid heals when crystalline desolation goes out

Rusila Dreadblade = ....are you sensing a pattern yet? Top the tanks off while offering ridiculous burst aoe healing

Laethys = A senticar's wet dream.

The whole point of a Senticar is to cut back on the number of dedicated personnel. Until you realize that, you probably won't be clearing any of the difficult content in ID.

@Norrath

I don't want to be rude at all mate, but you cleary never played a senticar in ID or if you did.. Well again L2P. Senticar is not meant to be a MT healer, it's a assist MT heal beside raid healing if things goes wrong, cleanse, 1 brez or 2 depends which build you using. You get a 40% damage reduction as panic key for a tank, instant heals, infinite mana and so on. Dps is not all in a raid.

But yeah about the OP spec, i'm not fan.

You can heal a tank with this in harder raids. As long as you are keeping up with the rotation correctly, and if for some reason he gets low on health you have 2 oh crap buttons for him on 45 sec cool downs that can top him off. This build is not played like a traditional senticar it only uses convictions for spike healing the raid when needed. It also has 2 oh crap buttons for the raid which should bring them back in a pinch also on 45 second cool downs each. For a total of 4 oh crap buttons. So you could almost live on those macros alone casting one every 11.5 seconds and always have one available to use with out even going in to the meat and potatoes of the rotation. Just remember in this spec you are not healing tank with convictions.

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

I prefer the 2 bres senticar for progression, but in ID you only need 1.

I disagree with Ahov on needing a senticar on Maklamos. Maklamos is a synth chloro's wet dream. One per tank and have a puri/sent follow the boss target.

We did use 1 on Drak, but just for easy AE healing. Once again, a puri/sent on the main tank with Chloros on the add tanks. Senticar for the raid.

But that's all I can speak about so far as we're a casual guild. We did use 2x double bres senticars on Akylios progression.. and no puris. I also think 51 puri is way overrated. A 34/32 split is nearly as good and has better CDs.
    Last edited by The Real Viz Shady; 05-18-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Abealri View Post
    You can heal a tank with this in harder raids. As long as you are keeping up with the rotation correctly, and if for some reason he gets low on health you have 2 oh crap buttons for him on 45 sec cool downs that can top him off. This build is not played like a traditional senticar it only uses convictions for spike healing the raid when needed. It also has 2 oh crap buttons for the raid which should bring them back in a pinch also on 45 second cool downs each. For a total of 4 oh crap buttons. So you could almost live on those macros alone casting one every 11.5 seconds and always have one available to use with out even going in to the meat and potatoes of the rotation. Just remember in this spec you are not healing tank with convictions.
    Why rely on oh crap buttons when you might not have to in a different spec?

Senticar is where it's at. Unless you're strictly tank healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Abealri View Post
    I thought that I would go ahead and post my variation of the senticar/warden hybrid here is a link to the build.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...V0z.xE0xopo.-6

Your trying to do too much with this spec, don't bother wilth DoL unless your going to go MoH

Below I will explain my rotation and why I have the points assigned to were I have them. I also will give the macros I have for this build there is 6 of them. Also this spec includes 4 oh **** heals all on 45 sec cool downs 2 for single target that will top off the tank and keep him protected as well as 2 for the raid not counting DOL ,your warden ticks, or the heal when damaged is set off by overflow that you pre-hot with the rotation. It includes luminous gaze from the sentinel tree and should be kept up at all times on bosses to maximize the DPS of the raid force. Start by popping the orbs on the tank so that he is healing through the first 3 GCD why you get your first few casts off than after that go in to the rotation.

Here is my rotation:

Luminous gaze -> no need covered by other classes
    Soothing stream x2 -> don't cast back to back SS, weave other spellls inbetween to abuse the double tick
    Healing Breath
    Soothing stream x2
    ranged macro
    Healing Spray
    Deluge
    Healing Flood -> why?
    Healing Currant -> why again? Use HI for your 6th Hot, alternate SS with Deluge and HI.
    Soothing Stream
    Healing Invocation
    Ranged Macro

Over complicated rotation is fail.

You only cast the soothing stream once after the first time through the rotation the second time through and so on you would cast :
    Luminous gaze
    Soothing stream
    Healing Breath
    ranged macro
    Healing Spray
    Deluge
    Healing Flood
    Healing Currant
    Soothing Stream
    Healing Invocation
    Ranged Macro

Diffrent Macros

Macro 1: Ranged Macro

#show Life's Vengeance
    Cast Bolt of Radiance
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Life's Vengeance
    Cast Light Bolt
    This macro is broken, cast LV > BoR or you lose a conviction due to BoR travel time and cavalier ICD.
    Macro 2: Group heals

#show Doctrine of Loyalty
    Cast Doctrine of Loyalty
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Divine Call
    Cast Healing Communion

Don't use doctrine on loyalty without MoH, see comment above about broken spec.

Macro 3 Group Oh **** #1

#show Ripple
    Cast Ripple
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Tidal Surge
    Cast Touch the Light
    Cast Healing invocation
    Cast Soothing Stream

Broken macro again, why waste duration on ripple on a HI cast?

Macro 4 Group Oh **** #2

#show Healer's Haste
    Cast Tidal Surge
    Cast Doctrine of Loyalty
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Divine Call
    Cast Healer's Haste
    Cast Healing Communion

This one is ok just take out DoL or respec to 10 justicar.

Macro 5 Single target Oh **** #1

#show Touch the Light
    Cast Tidal Surge
    suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Touch the Light
    Cast Healing Invocation

Macro 6 Single Target Oh **** #2

#show Healer's Covenant
    Cast Healer's Covenant
    Suppressmacrofailures
    Cast Healing Breath
    Cast Healer's Haste
    Cast Healing Invocation

If it's a proper oh **** moment, why not include TtL and HI ahead of HB? seems backwards.

The way that the macros are set up that you have all of your cool down abilities being shown and can cast just the cool down if needed so that you can cast it in a different rotation than the macro on the fly.

If you have any questions are have any comments please leave them or contact me in game I am on Gnarlwood in game name Abealri. I would like to have your feed back and know what you think. I know it is a lengthy post thank you for reading it. I also know the rotation is long but most cast are instant cast.

All in all, nice try, but I firmly believe your trying to do too much with one spec and making it far too complicated to be good as doing anything well.
    Last edited by usman; 05-18-2012 at 04:44 PM.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Take it for a few runs in 5m before raiding with it.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Viz Shady View Post
    I disagree with Ahov on needing a senticar on Maklamos. Maklamos is a synth chloro's wet dream. One per tank and have a puri/sent follow the boss target.
    You're not factoring in beams and solving crystals. When that function finally works, you will realize the extra healing is necessary and you can't just run a few tank healers.

Ascendant

I don't like senticar, but it is good with the 2 bresses, but that's really all it is.

If you make a build without 2 bresses you've basically trashed the whole point of it. Also I find it kinda funny when people go far enough to get Righteous Mandate with it, like the damage you do is going to make any difference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast