+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kyera
  • 1 Post By Trisian

Thread: PVP build for 39 bracket?

Telaran

Default PVP build for 39 bracket?

If someone has a cleric spec in the 39 bracket that is worth spit. please post it.

Nothing I can do is working. Warriors are worst, but rogues are pretty bad too.
    Most of it is probably that I am bad, but really.

It's not even funny anymore. Any melee walks right through me, and I am. pretty completely (self) twinked. Can't fight, can't run. respawn like a champ though.

Thanks. Here's what I am using now, though my attempted druid and healer specs havent done any better. Feel free to mock.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=10...Gtoqz.V0L.m.-6

Thanks for any help.

I was going to create a thread, but it's kind of redundant, so I'll put the same question forward for the 40-49 bracket. I settled on an Inquisicar build (deep Justi), as I tried a lower Justi build and felt I was a mite too squishy and any other healing combos I tried (Warden/Justi/10 Inq [for Purge], deep Warden, Sent/Ward, and a Puri/Just wacky overheal spec) just couldn't put out enough healing to deal with incoming damage (be it to myself or to someone else), especially vs. the fotm dps spec (Riftstorm, Pyrodom, MM/RS).

I feel like I've got to try and race inc dps or at least have enough oomph to make them back the hell off, lest I get lit up, and deep Inq gives me some mobility tools and pressure dps while deep Justi gives me additional mitigation... but I find I can't exactly heal other people all that well (and not having a cleanse hurts at times). I was a little disappointed to see that the Justi parry talent apparently got hit with the nerf bat, but I don't really have anywhere else to put those points in my quest to pick up Supremacy (which is what makes RFS and Sin twinks manageable).

I'm wondering if I might be able to put a solid Senticar build together so I actually have some beefy direct healing, but idk if I'll be better off since I'll have nothing to effectively pressure/burn other players down with and instead be in a straight dps vs. healing race. :P
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Apparently four minutes is five minutes for Trion, so I'll have to double post.

As for the OP's question, I think your subspec is a mite lacking, and I'd recommend looking at one of the following, depending on whether you want to buff your damage or you want to add a bit of self and raid healing to the mix:

39 Inquisi/12 Justi/1 Sent
    39 Inquis/11 Sent/2 Puri (you could pick anything for the two points, but I went Puri for the bubble)

The former spec opts to bring in raid splash healing and give you a self heal using convictions (which you'll rapidly generate while nuking as Inq), giving you a little more durability as you Impede + kite, while the second spec is a little more straight dps + gives you the crit debuff from Sent (which is a useful ability to throw up if you're trying to train a target down) while also giving you another form of mitigation in the form of the Puri bubble. Yeah, you lose the 8% insta damage and the knockback, but I think the gains outweigh it.

Also, since my battery is about to die and it'd take me longer to edit the builds and post new links, take points out of the BoD DoT talent and go 5/5 in the insta BoD talent instead of 2/5 and 3/5.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

I know I'm triple posting, but with how much success I had with Inquisicar in the 10-19 and, after a night of getting accustomed to the dps level and making adjustments to my playstyle, in the 40-49, I think your best bet in the 30-39 is to go with the Inquisicar build. ;)

If you tend to play with someone or want to have the option to more or less pocket heal them, consider a 36 Inq/16 Justi/0 Sent build.

If you're looking for pure fun, and happen to be well geared/skilled then feel free to try my deathknight spec for druid. While you don't get the pull until later brackets making it truly feel like old school frost/plague, it's still a fully mobile war machine that packs a serious punch ranged or melee while having a big toolbox full of tricks. Just understand it's squishy as hell and won't out perform inquistor because inquisi was designed for stupidly high burst.

Instead you'll roll up and scare the crap out of players with what a sleeper you are and leave them adjusting their builds to deal with you next time.

edit: if you've got good enough gear you can take some points out of +crit and toss them in a faster pet summon, but balm of the woods is a waste of a global to use. That's what I do.
    Last edited by Trisian; 05-19-2012 at 12:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread