+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inquisitor dps

Rift Disciple

Default Inquisitor dps

Hey guys, I will just make this simple. I'm looking for a good single target rotation or any macros that would help with mainly ST. (single target)
    http://oi48.tinypic.com/4rar0h.jpg
    ^ My stats and build un buffed. As you can probably tell I don't have my T1 set or crystal bonus. I have two elder plaque gear and all the rest is best before T1.
    Whatever help or tips you guys can send my way will help. As of right now I can keep just under 1400 dps and when raid buffed a bit more.

Ahov's guide is a good one to follow for Inquisitor:

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...sitor-pve.html

I am on my way to work atm otherwise i'd type out more what I see to change from the screenie. The guide above is a good starting point though.

Good Luck

--=Jynxed ~ Greybriar=--
    --=ROF 4/4 ~ MS 5/5 ~ TF 3/3 ~ HK 3/11=--

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Fallensinner View Post
    Hey guys, I will just make this simple. I'm looking for a good single target rotation or any macros that would help with mainly ST. (single target)
    http://oi48.tinypic.com/4rar0h.jpg
    ^ My stats and build un buffed. As you can probably tell I don't have my T1 set or crystal bonus. I have two elder plaque gear and all the rest is best before T1.
    Whatever help or tips you guys can send my way will help. As of right now I can keep just under 1400 dps and when raid buffed a bit more.
    Change the 5 points in Warden to 5 points in Cabailist and then use the rotation that Ahov has in his guide. the rotation is the same even without 4 piece HK crystal.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Plane Touched

I would even advice you to use 10 cab / 5 sentinel with your stats. And don't forget to you your trinket ^^

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by kode9 View Post
    I would even advice you to use 10 cab / 5 sentinel with your stats. And don't forget to you your trinket ^^
    No.

/10char

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    No.

/10char
    Thanks for the constructive reply. I have nothing about talking specs on this forum (it's here for that actually), but better give me the math between 5% damage and 20% bonus on crit if I'm so wrong.

His current spec is probably more suited to his gear actually. It's been awhile but 51inquis/10sent/5warden was the goto spec. until hk when your sp got to the point where the scaling of 5 cab won out.

--=Jynxed ~ Greybriar=--
    --=ROF 4/4 ~ MS 5/5 ~ TF 3/3 ~ HK 3/11=--

Thanks for the constructive reply. I have nothing about talking specs on this forum (it's here for that actually), but better give me the math between 5% damage and 20% bonus on crit if I'm so wrong.
    Doing a quick and dirty calculation at work, the numbers with <25% crit are similar. However even with the guy's current SC, if you factor in potions, raid buffs and so on, in a raid environment at least he's likely to be sitting on nearer 35% crit, which according to my quick math allows 10 Sent to pull ahead. I could be wrong though - it's Friday and I spent last night dreaming I was a wizard protecting a haunted house from marauding werewolves, so I woke up feeling and looking like a s@#t tin that's been kicked in....

His current spec is probably more suited to his gear actually. It's been awhile but 51inquis/10sent/5warden was the goto spec. until hk when your sp got to the point where the scaling of 5 cab won out.
    I prefer 5 Cab for the seamless AoE rotation. One thing I've always wondered though, is whether Destructive Tide applies to BoD when you get a L&DC proc?
    Last edited by Lalothen; 05-18-2012 at 02:56 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lalothen View Post
    Doing a quick and dirty calculation at work, the numbers with <25% crit are similar. However even with the guy's current SC, if you factor in potions, raid buffs and so on, in a raid environment at least he's likely to be sitting on nearer 35% crit, which according to my quick math allows 10 Sent to pull ahead. I could be wrong though - it's Friday and I spent last night dreaming I was a wizard protecting a haunted house from marauding werewolves, so I woke up feeling and looking like a s@#t tin that's been kicked in....

I prefer 5 Cab for the seamless AoE rotation. One thing I've always wondered though, is whether Destructive Tide applies to BoD when you get a L&DC proc?
    No, Destructive Tide does not affect BoD.

Also, contrary to popular belief, there isn't a realistic level of spell power where you run 5 warden.
    Last edited by Ahov; 05-18-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    No, Destructive Tide doe snot affect BoD.

Also, contrary to popular belief, there isn't a realistic level of spell power where you run 5 warden.
    Are you sure about that? I mean, I'm pretty sure you are sure since you write guides and things but I parsed out 5 warden vs 5 cab way back when I had about 1200SP and Warden came out ahead. I thought the cross over point is somewhere in the 1400-1500sp range which is pretty well in to the raid geared setup.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

We seem to be throwing around words more so the actual math / proof behind all of this. So, without further a due, any math to back up these claims?

I might not have straight maths to offer, but I remember 5 Warden was parsing higher than 5 Cab for me, until about 1550-1600 SP. Not by much at that point, and even at 1472 the switch to Cab wouldn't be overly detrimental to be sure.

10 Cab though??! Even if Death's Grasp applied to everything (which I'm pretty sure it doesn't), by my calcs you'd want to take Walk In The Light as soon as you hit 30.3% crit chance.
    Founder, and sometime Cleric

+ Reply to Thread