+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Lalothen
  • 1 Post By Gareck

Thread: What do you use as a solo build?

Rift Disciple

Default What do you use as a solo build?

I'm on a PvP server. What do you recommend using as a solo build at level 50? I've been solo-ing as 51 Inq, but I have problems taking on multiple mobs in Ember Isle, for example. Is Duracell the way to go? Anything else you'd recommend?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Eka1 View Post
    I'm on a PvP server. What do you recommend using as a solo build at level 50? I've been solo-ing as 51 Inq, but I have problems taking on multiple mobs in Ember Isle, for example. Is Duracell the way to go? Anything else you'd recommend?

Depending on your gear and sp levels and whatnot.... I used Shammicar almost exclusively in EI until I reached around 1400 sp ... at that point I've been inquisicar for soloing exclusively. The only time I change is if I want to PA farm... in which case I use Cabicar.

Check out the Mash spec. Basically a shammicar with warden and aimed at pvp, but useful for multiple ei mobs and elites. Using that aoe to pop rogues out of stealth in wfs was oh-so-sweet... like fishing, "Oh hey, look what I caught!"

Shield of Telara

I still use 44 shaman/22 justicar for most everything on Ember. I use a 51 Inquisicar for the named spawns I have to kite and the shaman/justicar for everything else.

I farm in my P38 PvP gear and akylios staff so can switch to mein of leadership very well if needed as a somewhat tank setup.
    Last edited by aLittleBird; 05-15-2012 at 08:17 PM.
    Undecided! P90 Cleric | 9/9 FT-EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 5/5 PB | BoB 2/4

Thats easy i use 51inq 10 sent and 5 cab. Key is to always have vex running on all the mobs never let it fall. Even better if its invasion mobs holy champion and vex heal becomes godly. I can take on 100 mobs and im not joking that way. It happens on some assaults with IA. And some invasions depending on how many people are on go ape ish on you.

If you find you need a lil more healing go 5 warden instead of cab. But by no means should you even have to gimp yourself using a mash healing build. No need for that unless you have entry lvl gear. If you have raid gear go with what i said you do well. Also dont forget about healing breath.

This can also work with 51sham 13inq and 2 sent if you like melee healing from vex is slightly lower. But some would say this is more fun.

51 inquisicar may be too squishy if you aren't well geared and/or are expecting PvP.

I use 36 inquis 28 justi 2 sent as a world PvP spec and it doubles as a nice soloing build. Substantially tougher than 51 inquisicar, and AoE damage is just as good. Single target is slower, but still respectable - turn on MoA if needed. Can even heal experts and raids (though I'd put 3 more in justi for brez if you plan on doing that often).

I just say screw it and run 51 Cabalist / 14 Justicar / 1 Sent. When I was on a PVP shard, I didn't care if I got ganked. Just went back to farming after it.

Otherwise if I'm doing quick farming, I'll just run around in 51 Inq/ 10 Sent / 5 Cab, the usual DPS spec.

Druidicar. There's much less reliance on gear, and the fact that pets aren't affected by miens allows you the versatility to succeed in virtually any situation. Your ability to heal isn't stymied by stuns, interrupts, silences, etc either - a big plus when you've got a sizeable number of mobs on you and several of them use control effects, which isn't an uncommon experience when you're on EI.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalothen View Post
    Druidicar. There's much less reliance on gear, and the fact that pets aren't affected by miens allows you the versatility to succeed in virtually any situation. Your ability to heal isn't stymied by stuns, interrupts, silences, etc either - a big plus when you've got a sizeable number of mobs on you and several of them use control effects, which isn't an uncommon experience when you're on EI.
    Ditto.

I replaced the 51 Shaman build I was using in favor of the Druid after 1.8. DPS is lower but damage spikes is also conversely lower. I usually solo with the Fae out and then if I want to concentrate DPS output I summon the Satyr.

I still have to get used to using some of the Combat Buffs (Natural Dedication, Rage of the Fae and Strength of the Fae) but I usually just ignore them for normal mob grinds.
    "Might does not make right... It just makes it possible."

Alekto, Cleric - Eryon, Warrior - Mause, Rogue - Casuane, Cleric

Well with inquisitor you should have no problems taking on a couple mobs. I usually just keep with a Inquisicar build, and it is good for gathering/events while on the island. (51inquisitor/justi/sent)

As for world pvp unfortunately we are really lagging behind most classes as usual. That said the only practical one is shamicar build, which makes killing mobs a pain. Not to mention if it is one of those new ranged rogue specs that just keep pushing you back you will loose anyway. Not much you can do about rogues. About you best match up would be a warrior, or a chloroloc " aka mage". The chloroloc is going to be a long and rather dumb fight but you should win if you think it through and watch the casts.

Honestly though inquisitor has no chance no matter how you spec agianst any of the predominant cookie cutter specs for the other classes. There are many that disagree but then agian they usually aren't people watching for gear/the other guys spec. I think they should undo the nerf from 1.2 on vex and sanction heretic. That way combined with the changes they have already made for our dps we would be competitive without becoming a unstoppable dps/self healer. That way if you are equally skilled + equally geared a rogue playing fellblade combo, bloodstalker bait, or the new ranged specs will die right along with you in a tie. those are just my thoughts on a side note.

Had to make a quick edit so i could clarify that i only wanted the nerf from 1.2 undone, and not the dps boost. sorry :P
    Last edited by Gareck; 05-16-2012 at 08:08 AM.

Default I like the melee and the casting so...

Only personal pref but I find these suit me best :

Level 1-31

Druid-Shaman-Warden

Roughly even points into Druid and Shaman to pick up some dps goodies and none to
    Warden and HS keeps me sustained. Its not optimal but it suits my play style and I rip
    through the first 30 levels in a few hours. I don't find the -icar builds very solo friendly
    until later on, that's all.

31 +

I go for the classic Shaman (RotN from the off...) Inqui and Justicar. You know how it pans out by now I would guess.

This is only for my soloing as it survives, is great for AoE and zero downtime. Not the fastest and most efficient killer in the game but it IS a lot of mindless fun. Great for rifting !!!

Like I said, personal pref, I don't recommend it but I will not change it either.
    Notice : My signature is now only available from my shop.

Rift Master

I've been using the "M*A*S*H" spec for romping through EI and doing IAs, and it's working fairly well. I've only gotten into trouble a handful of times because I happened to get a large group on me. It's not a heavy DPS spec, so fights tend to take a while especially in EI, but I end up winning the war of attrition and the survivability is nuts.

Rift Disciple

51d/13sham/2inq

I roll with a 4pc HK relic set, hk weapons, and the rest is my crappy r25ish gear. Bust out the faerie if you start to take damage or see a player and jump them! Make sure to keep up LH and use your heal debuff.

+ Reply to Thread