+ Reply to Thread

Thread: essences for Inquisicar

Rift Disciple

Default essences for Inquisicar

I play Inquisicar almost exclusively. Is the Zealous Soulstone something I should get or just stick to the BiS ISS lesser essences? Any other essences other than ISS ones I should be looking out for? Thanks!

iirc, 2 points of SP equals 1 hp from DoL. I like to stack BIS SP lessers, but it doesn't hurt to have a shielding greater or two.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Ascendant

Right now I use two of the HOT greaters, mostly because I use lost favor and the 45SP stacking 25 focus want (15 per stack). I'm pretty sure the HOT greaters proc the SP off the trinket and wand so it ends up more heals going off = better chance at 100% uptime on the SP.

A lot of people like the shielding greaters and a shielding trinket . . . I think it's really more of a personal preference, but arguably the shielding trinkets are more effective because they are more efficient and increase effective health of the targets rather than being reactive like a heal would.

Even still some people just like the SP BIS essences because you can use them for pretty much any spec you need, so if you are short on inscribed this way is probably the best starting point and then specialize later.

I'm not sure if my setup is the best way to do it, but last night on LGS I pulled over 2k HPS and more than doubled the next person in the raid . . . so it seems to be working fine for me.

I use the Sentinal synergy crystal when I'm stacking for heals.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Work View Post
    I play Inquisicar almost exclusively. Is the Zealous Soulstone something I should get or just stick to the BiS ISS lesser essences? Any other essences other than ISS ones I should be looking out for? Thanks!
    For inquisicar you should have 6 lessers for your sigil. Greaters are not generally worth the effort in hybrid specs. Healing specs can use greater essences with little difficulty (Crystal Vine / Frozen Deep in the beginning, Hailstone tide or even the puri greater if you running that build.)

As far as HPS goes... it's basically who pressed the heal button 1st when it comes to clerics. (Chloro's beat us 9 times out of 10 in HPS unless you happen to be running a warden build)

Just remember that SP is generally king for hybrid specs, and also that trinkets (like off Hylas in GSB) or even the wand from Iron Tomb will proc of salvation and reparation heals to add even more SP for you to play with. (if you don't have that trinket, I'd suggest the tried and true SHoE)

Good luck with raiding as an inquisicar, it's alot of fun.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    I use the Sentinal synergy crystal when I'm stacking for heals.
    You should be using the Inquis crystal for inquisicar. Remember that HPS in this build is generally dictated by the amount of DPS you do. (DoL spam aside) ... so having SH reset, or the +10% damage from the 4 piece synergy is much better then the effect on heals that the sent crystal has.

The Justicar crystal (if raid hps is slightly low ... or if you are new to soloing in EI or whatnot) is also a good choice.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by guvire View Post
    You should be using the Inquis crystal for inquisicar. Remember that HPS in this build is generally dictated by the amount of DPS you do. (DoL spam aside) ... so having SH reset, or the +10% damage from the 4 piece synergy is much better then the effect on heals that the sent crystal has.

The Justicar crystal (if raid hps is slightly low ... or if you are new to soloing in EI or whatnot) is also a good choice.
    The whole build of inquisicar (non-mandate) is huge DoL spam AOE healing . . . Which is why I doubled our next best healer in the raid last night (the Chloro).
    Last edited by Sariina; 05-15-2012 at 10:01 AM.

Ascendant

Shadowlander

The whole build of inquisicar (non-mandate) is huge DoL spam AOE healing . . . Which is why I doubled our next best healer in the raid last night (the Chloro).
    That breakdown (the pic above) proves my point of the greaters not actually contributing much to the healing effects.

Granted I also used to run the build I think you are running (the non-mandate one) ... but after a few times during progression, it was decided that having a RM on a tank was more helpful then the 3 points I could of used in the sent tree (or whereever) ...

granted if you are outgearing the content... you don't have a need for an RM... but if you are in a progression guild ... ID for example ... it can be invaluable to have a Rm on a tank.

Ascendant

That breakdown (the pic above) proves my point of the greaters not actually contributing much to the healing effects.

Granted I also used to run the build I think you are running (the non-mandate one) ... but after a few times during progression, it was decided that having a RM on a tank was more helpful then the 3 points I could of used in the sent tree (or whereever) ...

granted if you are outgearing the content... you don't have a need for an RM... but if you are in a progression guild ... ID for example ... it can be invaluable to have a Rm on a tank.
    I posted my reason for the greater above, they proc my lost favor and 45sp wand that needs three procs to stack. So are the trickle heals + more chances at 120SP better than 66SP all the time (the 5th and 6th essences?) I think so.

Also, if you need to have a hybrid tank and AOE healer you'd probably be in a senticar anyway and not an inquisicar. Inquisicars are for a little DPS and DoL spam.

Shadowlander

I posted my reason for the greater above, they proc my lost favor and 45sp wand that needs three procs to stack. So are the trickle heals + more chances at 120SP better than 66SP all the time (the 5th and 6th essences?) I think so.

Also, if you need to have a hybrid tank and AOE healer you'd probably be in a senticar anyway and not an inquisicar. Inquisicars are for a little DPS and DoL spam.
    As an inquisicar, you have nearly 100% uptime on the sp trink and wand from your reparation and salvation heals alone, keeping dol spam to a minimum on "oh crap" raid wide dmg moments.

If you think having a "healing hybrid" like inquisicar is for little dos and dol spam only, then I am suggesting that you do not play the role to its fullest potential. Then again, depending on raid composition, you could be correct in your statement.

As an inquisicar (without dol spam instances) you can easily pull 2k dps and 5-800hps simply by having the correct dps rotation.

Ascendant

If you just wanted to spam heals you would be Senticar

Inquisicar has pretty good DPS potential - use it and help your raid, pop heals when needed.

Gobs of SP is good for both; healing greaters only help one part of your job.
    Raelyn <The Granite Guard> R40 Warrior @ Seastone
    Tomoka <The Granite Guard> R40 Cleric @ Seastone

I just went with all of the 100iss lessers along with the current event's 20iss. That sigil is my one stop shop for dps/heals/support. So nice to not have to grind out another sigil, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    I just went with all of the 100iss lessers along with the current event's 20iss. That sigil is my one stop shop for dps/heals/support. So nice to not have to grind out another sigil, imo.
    Get a SP sigil for water, fire, death, and life. I have ones also for tanking: life, death, earth, and fire.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Ascendant

As an inquisicar, you have nearly 100% uptime on the sp trink and wand from your reparation and salvation heals alone, keeping dol spam to a minimum on "oh crap" raid wide dmg moments.

If you think having a "healing hybrid" like inquisicar is for little dos and dol spam only, then I am suggesting that you do not play the role to its fullest potential. Then again, depending on raid composition, you could be correct in your statement.

As an inquisicar (without dol spam instances) you can easily pull 2k dps and 5-800hps simply by having the correct dps rotation.
    or in my case, 800dps and 2k hps . . . It's a different purpose.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    This is probably the best bet if it's your first sigil, and then branch out to specialize later, since the one sigil can be used for pretty much everything. Eventually everyone will need a water one to get through HK, so between getting the high SP one and the water one you're already looking at grinding out over 500ISS . . . after that your plans might change direction anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xney
    If you just wanted to spam heals you would be Senticar
    But that's not what this spec I have is for, I have an AOE heal spammer with some DPS thrown in for good measure. I have other specs for when I need other specific things (Senticar, Wardisent, Puri, and DoL spam insqusicar to be specific . . . then 1 pure DPS and 1 tank spec). Realistically, if I want to DPS I play my rogue . . . then I don't get told what to do all the time.

+ Reply to Thread