+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: cleric support spec

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    54

    Default cleric support spec

    im after a support spec to add to my souls, im not in good gear at all so somethign that would work with that would be great, thanks

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    In order to queue a support one of your roles needs 1/3 of your points in Justicar, so either a tank or a high justicar combo spec. After that you generally just want to do some AOE heals so you can pull something like 11Jus/51Inq/4Sent or some other form of -icar build. Check in the cleric guides for any specs that look fun.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    In order to queue a support one of your roles needs 1/3 of your points in Justicar, so either a tank or a high justicar combo spec. After that you generally just want to do some AOE heals so you can pull something like 11Jus/51Inq/4Sent or some other form of -icar build. Check in the cleric guides for any specs that look fun.

    Clerics don't have a true "support" class like an archon or bard would provide, but we are also long passed the days that any 5man content needs either of those 2 builds. As the reply suggests, you need one soil with at least 22-23 points in justi to be able to que as "support" ... The moat viable spec we have to do a little bit of everything is senticar (and it's many variations)
    Last edited by guvire; 05-15-2012 at 07:17 AM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guvire View Post
    Clerics don't have a true "support" class like an archon or bard would provide, but we are also long passed the days that any 5man content needs either of those 2 builds. As the reply suggests, you need one soil with at least 22-23 points in justi to be able to que as "support" ... The moat viable spec we have to do a little bit of everything is senticar (and it's many variations)
    Senticar is generally a healing spec though, at least Inquisicar and Cabicar can do some damage if they have to. If you went 51inq/14jus/1sent you could get mandate and probably just heal the whole dungeon with it depending on everyone's gear and skill level.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sariina View Post
    Senticar is generally a healing spec though, at least Inquisicar and Cabicar can do some damage if they have to. If you went 51inq/14jus/1sent you could get mandate and probably just heal the whole dungeon with it depending on everyone's gear and skill level.

    I generally heal t2s as an inquisicar and out dps the dps lol... But you cannot que as support with that spec alone. A senticar is maj ly a healer true, but as a senticar I can also off tank adds (rotp 2nd boss) provide an AE interrupt, as well as heal the main tank and group/raid... Depending on the spec, I also provide 5-800 dps and/or dual battle rez..

    It's a healing build with "support" ish abilities.

  6. #6
    Rift Master Merridwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    679

    Default

    It depends entirely on what you want to do with the spec. High dps and some off heals, mid ground, high heals low dps... Also if you're actually using it to solo heal dungeons you might want to consider a cleanse. It sounds like you aren't uber geared atm, so I'm going to assume you're looking to provide a few off heals whilst mainly maintaining dps. If so I'd recommend Inquisicar,

    Anyway, here's a link that might be useful.

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ng-macros.html

    Bear in mind that offering grt support and actually being able to queue as support are two different things (as mentioned above). I have a Senticar that allows me to queue as support, but I'd actually use Inquisicar to actually offer the required support.

    Good luck finding the spec that suits you, best thing is there's loads out there.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    54

    Default

    cheers guys


    Quote Originally Posted by Merridwyn View Post
    It depends entirely on what you want to do with the spec. High dps and some off heals, mid ground, high heals low dps... Also if you're actually using it to solo heal dungeons you might want to consider a cleanse. It sounds like you aren't uber geared atm, so I'm going to assume you're looking to provide a few off heals whilst mainly maintaining dps. If so I'd recommend Inquisicar,

    Anyway, here's a link that might be useful.

    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ng-macros.html

    Bear in mind that offering grt support and actually being able to queue as support are two different things (as mentioned above). I have a Senticar that allows me to queue as support, but I'd actually use Inquisicar to actually offer the required support.

    Good luck finding the spec that suits you, best thing is there's loads out there.
    thanks very much for linking me to that thread, ill have a read

  8. #8
    Rift Master Merridwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    679

    Default

    No problem at all.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Mirimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    hm.. the classes that do have "support.. never want to really do it.. it's usually forced upon them like a latrine cleaning detail.

    Pretty bad when the OP class of the game constantly demands soo much, wanting to be able to top every chart out there, that now they also want the bad jobs in rift..
    Last edited by Mirimon; 05-15-2012 at 05:19 PM.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Another Mirimon post reported for trolling

  11. #11
    Ascendant Mirimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    another harmar post reported for abusing the reporting system.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Hotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,089

    Default

    Only one of your roles has to meet the support requirements for lfd. 51inq, 11car is a very enjoyable support spec.

  13. #13
    Rift Master Merridwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    hm.. the classes that do have "support.. never want to really do it.. it's usually forced upon them like a latrine cleaning detail.

    Pretty bad when the OP class of the game constantly demands soo much, wanting to be able to top every chart out there, that now they also want the bad jobs in rift..
    Yes, yes, we're totally OP. That's clear from our dps parses.

    A cleric without a healing support spec doesn't go down well in pugs, raids or pvp. But I'm going to take a wild guess that you're a mainspec Rogue.

    Bard is grt, in fact I've been solo healed through many an Expert Dungeon by one. And if more rogues played it (and I mean played it well) maybe we wouldn't have to roll so many healing support roles. But this is the Cleric forum, and we tend to talk about Cleric specs here. So... /endsubthread

  14. #14
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Due to a limited number of role slots, here is the best all around cleric support healing spec:

    42inquisitor/14justicar/10sentinel.

    This build, if you dont need alot of utility in the form of a brez, cleanse, protect the flock, etc, is superior for many reasons:

    Let me compare with a few of the inferior specs mentioned previously, and why:

    51inq/11justicar/4sentinel. You dont have righteous mandate. Total fail in a high dps icar build. RM gives massive free tank heals for just 3 more points in justicar. Not having 10 in sentinel costs you 5% spell power and 20% crit damage and heal bonus on your dols. Single target dps is about the same, but aoe dps and healing is much better with 42/14/10. Fans of 51 inq think it is higher single target dps but it is not. You gain a bit of dps on vex and sh, but you lose the spell power, and bonus crit from going a few more into sentinel. Biggest loss though is no rm.

    Anyway, the 42/14/10 build gives you the most well rounded, highest single target and aoe dps, best aoe healing, support tank healing, low utility support spec in the game.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    247

    Default

    I have tested both, and I came back to the 42/14/10 as well.

    I didn't try the 51inq/14justi/1sent though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts