+ Reply to Thread

Thread: newish cleric help

Default newish cleric help

i want / need to get better gear.

I dont raid or do advanced dungeons. Mainly due to the fact that i cant guarantee that i can sit longer then 15 to 20 minutes with out having to go afk (i have a special needs child)

i have been doing pvp, I am rank 7 and my gear is mostly the 1st tier of the pvp set. I have a few 2nd tier items.

I like to split my time between pvp and questing (and helping guildies).

Here is the problem i am running into. on ember island, i get killed pretty quickly.

This is the primary spec i am using:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00....EhMo0eM0oM.-0

My spellpower is around 1200.

so here is my question.. should i add toughness runes?

also for survivability. Should i drop one of my minor essences?

Currently i have 5 BIS essences for sp and a crystal vine. should i drop one and pickup
    Spring Rain Crystal?

Also am i at a end point for gear unless i do more pvp?

if you can't run, at least dungeons, PvP gear is your best bet. tho be prepared for long 'grind' to get the best gear. i suggest you to play healer in WFs until you reach lvl 30 at least. you are going to be much more valuable for your group (but be prepared to be focused lot more).
    toughness runes NO. toughness only counts in instances and is stat needed for tanks only.
    about build: shamicar is not your best bet at you level of gear. check cleric guides for duracell build, or some sort of inquisicar (which i played while leveling). At last, Ember island can be tricky for under geared ppl, but zone is designed that way.

hope i helped a bit
    Evandro, Retired

The planar vanquisher and conqueror gear is your other option, these are purchased with ISS which you can get running zone invasion events in Stillmoor, Shimmersand, IPP and Ember Isle. Don't forget to finish the EI quest line which will award a conquerors level legpiece.

thankyou for the input!

as for the duracell build, after the 1.8 patch changes its not as viable anymore

it kills alot quicker, but you take damage much more quickly.

i will look at the planar gear

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by THRiLL KiLL View Post
    thankyou for the input!

as for the duracell build, after the 1.8 patch changes its not as viable anymore

it kills alot quicker, but you take damage much more quickly.

i will look at the planar gear

I have to agree with the planar gear being the wy to go. You may get lucky in a dungeon if you explain about your child's situation, and be grouped with patient people whom will wait for your return from afk.. Luckily most dungeons can be zerged in 20 mins or less nowadays.

When it comes to EI... I used shammicar until around 14-1500sp then I switched to inquisicar for general soloing, and cabicar for PA farming.

Good luck!
    Last edited by guvire; 05-15-2012 at 07:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread