+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Haptiic

Thread: Returning player: Cleric tanking question

Telaran

Default Returning player: Cleric tanking question

When I took a break from Rift I recall that Cleric's had issues tanking groups and need to use tricks to break line of sight, etc. Is this still true? Or can Clerics AoE tank as easily and effectively as Rogues and Warriors?

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mashugana View Post
    When I took a break from Rift I recall that Cleric's had issues tanking groups and need to use tricks to break line of sight, etc. Is this still true? Or can Clerics AoE tank as easily and effectively as Rogues and Warriors?
    I feel as though Cleric tanks are more effective tanking packs of mobs then Rogues and warriors. The only challenge you might have are npcs that are casters on opposite sides of a large trash pack. Just keep tossing DOL's it should stay on you though.
    Mael (Cleric)/Merxie (Warrior)/Merxion (Rogue)/Merxi (Mage) - <Valens Nexus> - Wolfsbane
    4/4 TotDQ - 3/4 FT - 2/5 EE - 1/4 GA

Plane Touched

AoE threat is a non issue because of DoL, but we still only have rebuke to pull caster mobs to us. so yea your gonna have to los a lot.

Telaran

Ah, so the issue is not holding aggro, it is pulling ranged mobs into the pack, yes? Do Rogues and Warriors have tools Clerics do not?

I freaking love the Cleric Class and tanking 5 man's is my favorite part of MMOs. I just want to make sure I am not setting myself up for frustration in the later game. Trying to get a pug to wait behind a tree while I pull aggro sounds....challenging

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Mashugana View Post
    Ah, so the issue is not holding aggro, it is pulling ranged mobs into the pack, yes? Do Rogues and Warriors have tools Clerics do not?

I freaking love the Cleric Class and tanking 5 man's is my favorite part of MMOs. I just want to make sure I am not setting myself up for frustration in the later game. Trying to get a pug to wait behind a tree while I pull aggro sounds....challenging
    well I know warriors have a single target pull that is really nice. but as far as holding agro, as long as everyone is topped off when you start the fight, one or two DoL's while waiting in los for the mobs and you should have more than enough aggro. all in all, cleric tanking is good. we just got a nice buff last patch as well iirc.

Telaran

tyvm all - I'll stick with my Cleric then. Love the class

+ Reply to Thread