+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Malark

Thread: Proposing change to "Purge"

Ascendant

Default Proposing change to "Purge"

Hey I've been leveling a Mage recently and I noticed that the purge ability in the Necromancer soul can't be cast (doesn't light up) unless there is something to actually purge on the target.

I was wondering, why not do this for the Cleric ability Purge as well ?

Makes sense, +1
    Priestly-50 Eth Cleric R40
    Kneesplitter-50 Dwarf Cleric
    Tdurden-50 Bahmi Warrior
    Smolderella-50 Bahmi Mage
    Pullo-50 Kelari Rogue

In before the elitist whining!

Soulwalker

Do understand, at least, that there's a reason that the Mage one has to work that way whereas the Cleric one does not have to.

The Necromancer purge gives +9 Charge and restores 5% mana, so they don't necessarily want people using that Purge unnecessarily because you gain a benefit from doing so.

That's not to say that I disagree with what you're proposing, just understand that there's an actual legitimate reason that the Mage one can't be cast except when a debuff exists. Think it more like them "consuming" the buff whereas you're "removing" it.

Again just to reiterate, I do agree that it'd be nice if you couldn't purge unless there was something to purge - particualrly when our dispell is not spammable.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Veliya View Post
    Do understand, at least, that there's a reason that the Mage one has to work that way whereas the Cleric one does not have to.

The Necromancer purge gives +9 Charge and restores 5% mana, so they don't necessarily want people using that Purge unnecessarily because you gain a benefit from doing so.
    There are better ways to get both those benefits than using that ability though, so that argument kind of falls flat in my opinion if you really look at it.
    Last edited by Malark; 05-14-2012 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Malark View Post
    There are better ways to get both those benefits than using that ability though, so that argument kind of falls flat in my opinion if you really look at it.
    ya there is better ways to build charge or restore mana, but there are no spells that return mana, add charge, and have no negative consequence to the mage.

Consume is unique in it weakens the enemy while strengthening the mage. Pretty much all the other mage spells that strengthen the mage take something away from the mage as well. consume takes the negative from the enemy not the mage.

All that said, I dont see why purge couldnt require purgeable buffs on the enemy to be cast, but letting clerics cast it all the time doesnt change the implication of the spell like it does for mage's consume.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

+ Reply to Thread