Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Boycott pvp healing!

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default Boycott pvp healing!

    Yes, this is my first post. But I have been in rift from the start just check the sign up date. I read the forums but never wish to comment, but not this time.
    This is not a QQ post.
    Please help me, by boycotting healing in pvp.
    Lets make this post a petition.

    Yes I'm a Cleric and NO, I will not heal in pvp!

  2. #2
    Ascendant Valnak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,516

    Default

    If you're going to make a post like this at least suggest ways to solve your issue.

    The only thing I would do is make clerics more mobile by giving dark passage at a lower point investment.

    Other than that clerics are fine, barring any gear/spec/situational awareness issues.

  3. #3
    Telaran Dauvis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Since I think they want PvP in this game to be like a FPS, wouldn't a healing boycott be what they want?

  4. #4
    Ascendant Redius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trenchbutt View Post
    Yes, this is my first post. But I have been in rift from the start just check the sign up date. I read the forums but never wish to comment, but not this time.
    This is not a QQ post.
    Please help me, by boycotting healing in pvp.
    Lets make this post a petition.

    Yes I'm a Cleric and NO, I will not heal in pvp!
    2 things,

    1. Check my date. August was way after "the start" (which was Feb 24th, 2011)

    2. PVP is a team game; by not doing all you can be doing, you're hurting your team and yourself. If there are no other healing classes in your warfront, are you going to tell me that you'll not heal and practically guarantee a loss for you and your entire team? If so, I hope I never end up with you on my side.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

    THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

  5. #5
    Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    2. PVP is a team game; by not doing all you can be doing, you're hurting your team and yourself.
    And the reason you will get little sympathy from anyone who has a cleric in regard to that statement is:

    - The number of rogues that never go bard even when they have 5k HP, even when the team is short of healing and it is a suitable WF (Port Scion, Library, etc)

    - Having a bunch of warriors on the team, not one of which goes VK.

    - Being in a team with no warriors, yet every rogue stays MM or crappy deep sin spec, rather than go RS/NB to provide a much needed frontline.

    - The numerous people who simply run past objectives.

    - The number of rogues who stay in stealth and either simply stand there whilst someone is being attacked, until the guy doing the attacking is an easy kill or fanny about trying to get near the target who is moving about too much for them becuase they haven't specced silent steps, whilst their team mate gets beat on.

    - The number of people who either go straight past a healer whilst they are being attacked or simply carry on attacking whoever they are on whilst 10m their healer is in trouble, because killiing the guy they are fighting is obviously the top priority (or they are simply terrible and doing more than one thing at once is a bit much for them)

    - The sheer number of numbnuts that can't grasp it is their job to keep in LOS and range as they are not the only person on the team and that the healer is not their personal healer.

    - The number of times you start say a codex with only 5 people and they immediately split into three seperate groups.

    - The number of people who don't mark and then pass the lead to the healer, hint - the healer has enough to do.

    and so on.
    Last edited by Flimble; 05-12-2012 at 08:20 AM.

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    Nope... disagree with you.
    Clerics contribute most when healing. When I pvp with my cleric, I'm going to heal.

    IMO, if you only want to DPS in pvp, go roll a war.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Hotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,089

    Default

    Play it how you like and ignore the rest.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Redius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    Whole lot of stuff.
    So basically your argument is you shouldn't do what you can to win the warfront because others don't do what you think they should?

    Fail argument is fail. You probably should spend more time doing what you can, and worrying less about what others fail at. You're not helping the situation, you're hurting it.
    Lemming (formerly Mrhyde@Belmont), Guild Leader of Black Company on Greybriar
    We are Black Company ~~~ See our recruitment thread!

    THIS IS HOW I ROLL
    Raids Mon/Tue/Thur 5:30 server time, 9/9, 2/4, 1/3, 1/3

  9. #9
    Champion Synergis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    And the reason you will get little sympathy from anyone who has a cleric in regard to that statement is:

    - The number of rogues that never go bard even when they have 5k HP, even when the team is short of healing and it is a suitable WF (Port Scion, Library, etc)

    - Having a bunch of warriors on the team, not one of which goes VK.

    - Being in a team with no warriors, yet every rogue stays MM or crappy deep sin spec, rather than go RS/NB to provide a much needed frontline.

    - The numerous people who simply run past objectives.

    - The number of rogues who stay in stealth and either simply stand there whilst someone is being attacked, until the guy doing the attacking is an easy kill or fanny about trying to get near the target who is moving about too much for them becuase they haven't specced silent steps, whilst their team mate gets beat on.

    - The number of people who either go straight past a healer whilst they are being attacked or simply carry on attacking whoever they are on whilst 10m their healer is in trouble, because killiing the guy they are fighting is obviously the top priority (or they are simply terrible and doing more than one thing at once is a bit much for them)

    - The sheer number of numbnuts that can't grasp it is their job to keep in LOS and range as they are not the only person on the team and that the healer is not their personal healer.

    - The number of times you start say a codex with only 5 people and they immediately split into three seperate groups.

    - The number of people who don't mark and then pass the lead to the healer, hint - the healer has enough to do.

    and so on.
    Couldn't have said it any better. Cudos

    GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

  10. #10
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    135

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    2 things,

    1. Check my date. August was way after "the start" (which was Feb 24th, 2011)

    2. PVP is a team game; by not doing all you can be doing, you're hurting your team and yourself. If there are no other healing classes in your warfront, are you going to tell me that you'll not heal and practically guarantee a loss for you and your entire team? If so, I hope I never end up with you on my side.
    1 thing - community asked to nerf healers for whatever reason. Do not judge nerfed class for not willing to play it. I stopped PVP altogether after this nerf.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser The Relic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trenchbutt View Post
    Yes, this is my first post. But I have been in rift from the start just check the sign up date. I read the forums but never wish to comment, but not this time.
    This is not a QQ post.
    Please help me, by boycotting healing in pvp.
    Lets make this post a petition.

    Yes I'm a Cleric and NO, I will not heal in pvp!
    A secret warrior wanting to boycott healing so they get their insta kills, dream gibblet dream...

    I'm not letting warriors push pvp around with 1 shot aoe kills. Sprinkle some warden/purifier and not a scratch. Yes I hate warriors. Why? They got strengthened when they were already to powerful while all others got nerfed. How did that happen? Excessive trolling...

    The only warriors are like are two friends of mine (gm and other friend. They play fair!)

    I'm playing this game my own way, and the pure incompetence of some I just wanna smash stuff and ruin peoples games warriors has to be stopped. Now, how about we all up healing in wf's?
    Last edited by The Relic; 05-12-2012 at 12:17 PM.
    BRING BACK OLD THE GREATER FAERIE DESIGN! I DEMAND CAPTAIN SHORT BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-please.html The avatar is not mine! It's Johnjoseco's from deviant art! Go there! Wow, love and joy it! XD

  12. #12
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    And the reason you will get little sympathy from anyone who has a cleric in regard to that statement is:

    - The number of rogues that never go bard even when they have 5k HP, even when the team is short of healing and it is a suitable WF (Port Scion, Library, etc)

    - Having a bunch of warriors on the team, not one of which goes VK.

    - Being in a team with no warriors, yet every rogue stays MM or crappy deep sin spec, rather than go RS/NB to provide a much needed frontline.

    - The numerous people who simply run past objectives.

    - The number of rogues who stay in stealth and either simply stand there whilst someone is being attacked, until the guy doing the attacking is an easy kill or fanny about trying to get near the target who is moving about too much for them becuase they haven't specced silent steps, whilst their team mate gets beat on.

    - The number of people who either go straight past a healer whilst they are being attacked or simply carry on attacking whoever they are on whilst 10m their healer is in trouble, because killiing the guy they are fighting is obviously the top priority (or they are simply terrible and doing more than one thing at once is a bit much for them)

    - The sheer number of numbnuts that can't grasp it is their job to keep in LOS and range as they are not the only person on the team and that the healer is not their personal healer.

    - The number of times you start say a codex with only 5 people and they immediately split into three seperate groups.

    - The number of people who don't mark and then pass the lead to the healer, hint - the healer has enough to do.

    and so on.
    love this. The list could go much longer and in one of the thread here on the cleric forum (pvp insult you had to endure or something like that) i already vented myself.

    Now i mostly run an -icar build. Its a sweet compromise to full healer to no heal at all while i still keep healing breath close to heal someone who deserve it ... AKA THE TEAMMATE THAT TRY TO SAVE MY LIFE.

    So so so so so so often i have been attacked, CC etc. and my teammates just ignored me. While waiting to rez they were like "wtf healer, im dying!" "Fail heals!". Having not a PVP guild a knowing nobody that wanna go with me, im mostly with pugs. So i have learned, it is better to lose and have fun doing then having a slight chance to win and hating my life as a blue bar.

    I got a healing spec, got point in the PVP PA grid, got consumables but even if i heal stupid people, they still remain stupid.

  13. #13
    Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redius View Post
    So basically your argument is you shouldn't do what you can to win the warfront because others don't do what you think they should?

    Fail argument is fail. You probably should spend more time doing what you can, and worrying less about what others fail at. You're not helping the situation, you're hurting it.
    Yet you apparently spend your time worrying about what clerics do, when they don't do what you think they should, hypocrite much?

    Anyway, no that isn't my argument, my argument is teamwork is a two way street and if you expect a cleric to play for the team then you (and everyone else) also needs to play for the team and that if lots of people don't all that does is make healing unnecessarily difficult & frustrating and results in what you don't want, clerics going DPS rather than heals.

    The people you should be whining at are the significant number of the players guilty of the things (and many more) I listed earlier, oh and Trion for yet again coming up with a shoddy, paper over the cracks approach to multiple wardens and SS, the correct solution would of been DR on multiple stacks of SS, so second stack does 65%, third stack 35%, etc, but no that would of involved a bit of work, a new mechanism, maybe all their original devs are now working on their other game and Rift is lumbered with the B-team.
    Last edited by Flimble; 05-16-2012 at 11:57 AM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant ShalarLight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trenchbutt View Post
    Yes, this is my first post. But I have been in rift from the start just check the sign up date. I read the forums but never wish to comment, but not this time.
    This is not a QQ post.
    Please help me, by boycotting healing in pvp.
    Lets make this post a petition.

    Yes I'm a Cleric and NO, I will not heal in pvp!
    but if you were invincible, and had no chance at failure....then you would heal again?

    I dont think thats what clerics were (a few were close), I just find it funny that one form of healing gets nerfed, and a few other get buffed, and you all of a sudden "refuse to heal". Have you tried senticar? Have you tried purifier builds? If you dont want to heal, dont heal, but dont act like it is because Clerics have no options without warden being nigh on god mode.


    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

  15. #15
    RIFT Guide Writer TheGrinnz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    10,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by darkchicken View Post
    love this. The list could go much longer and in one of the thread here on the cleric forum (pvp insult you had to endure or something like that) i already vented myself.

    Now i mostly run an -icar build. Its a sweet compromise to full healer to no heal at all while i still keep healing breath close to heal someone who deserve it ... AKA THE TEAMMATE THAT TRY TO SAVE MY LIFE.

    So so so so so so often i have been attacked, CC etc. and my teammates just ignored me. While waiting to rez they were like "wtf healer, im dying!" "Fail heals!". Having not a PVP guild a knowing nobody that wanna go with me, im mostly with pugs. So i have learned, it is better to lose and have fun doing then having a slight chance to win and hating my life as a blue bar.

    I got a healing spec, got point in the PVP PA grid, got consumables but even if i heal stupid people, they still remain stupid.
    with the pug style of pvp in rift, I am generally of the mindset that you can't rely on other people and similarly you can't hold grudges. If you want real team combat you need preformed teams with people on voice chat, also known as the dreaded arenas. Otherwise just do what you want and ignore complaining. Be prepared to be versatile and switch between roles if you want to win more often.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts