Rift Disciple

Default Dear cleric tanks

Dear cleric tanks,

We rock. That is all.

Sincerely,
    Also

Shadowlander

Default cleric tank

yea, we are a lot better what we were before, but still theres some guilds stilll believe warrior tank only. they take a 18k warrior tank before 20k cleric tank. i guess that wow brain wash people, theres only 1 tank in the game, lol

anyway anyone having issue with Radak's spreadsheet, i plug my gear and stats it in, show i have 20k health, 1470block, but i have 19.1k health and 1130block. may be not accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by itrboost View Post
    yea, we are a lot better what we were before, but still theres some guilds stilll believe warrior tank only. they take a 18k warrior tank before 20k cleric tank. i guess that wow brain wash people, theres only 1 tank in the game, lol

anyway anyone having issue with Radak's spreadsheet, i plug my gear and stats it in, show i have 20k health, 1470block, but i have 19.1k health and 1130block. may be not accurate?
    You might post in his thread or message. I'd make very very sure to be right before challenging his work.

Rift Disciple

I read the title as "dead cleric tanks"... How ironic is that?

Quote Originally Posted by fitness View Post
    I read the title as "dead cleric tanks"... How ironic is that?
    not really
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Shadowlander

Default spreadsheet

nah, i realize is full buff, i haven't use one of those before. but actually spreadsheet is awesome love it.

Default Cleric tanking vs War

Cleric tanking i think is absolutely perfect were it is. Trion has done a great job and my hats off to the developers.

As for warrior tanks overall they are still slightly better depending on the situation. Overall they seem to have better mitigation than the clerics in my experience. I regular tank as a off spec in my cleric and have excellent gear with some HK tank stuff on him. Zilas/ Vlad is a fight where you want a cleric tank due to the threat pull from DOL. That said you don't really want a cleric tanking matron/sicarrion due to the fact that overall the armor is always much higher with the wars and conversely they seem to have more HP with there gear. I am not saying you can't do it, but rather that it is tougher using a cleric due to things like mana drains or mass numbers of mobs hitting you at once. Though with our CD shield being half our HP i think it isn't all bad. Overall all though the war will have an easier time dealing with it. Burst damage is just mitigated more with wars.

Cleric tanks are terrible for 3-4 maning 5 man content, such terrible threat.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

Soulwalker

17k armor, 80% block w/ 60% mitigation, unlimited threat...and told "We prefer warrior tanks, so you'd have to raid as a back-up to them"

-LOL

Prophet of Telara

They are kinda right actually. The only class thats been good throughout this games life is warrior. Who wants to build a raid around a tank who might be crap cometh next patch (same goes for rogues as well). Warrior should always be #1 and a cleric/rogue #2 and/or #3.
    Last edited by Alex113; 05-16-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Champion of Telara

The only problem Cleric tanks have, from my perspective, is that during progression raids you often need Cleric healing more than their tanking. Where dropping one of the warriors (or even rogues) from a DPS role into a tanking role fits easier with the group composition.

Oh woe is me... My heals are too useful!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex113 View Post
    They are kinda right actually. The only class thats been good throughout this games life is warrior. Who wants to build a raid around a tank who might be crap cometh next patch (same goes for rogues as well). Warrior should always be #1 and a cleric/rogue #2 and/or #3.
    No. As stated by the Devs - if a class puts 66 points into 2-3 DPS souls, everything remaining constant, their DPS will be the same. The same goes for tanking. This game revolves around ROLES not CLASSES.

Please get it right.

Heck IF you were right, then warriors should be the WORST dps.
    Last edited by Calibrex; 05-16-2012 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patchkid View Post
    The only problem Cleric tanks have, from my perspective, is that during progression raids you often need Cleric healing more than their tanking. Where dropping one of the warriors (or even rogues) from a DPS role into a tanking role fits easier with the group composition.

Oh woe is me... My heals are too useful!
    Recruit more clerics or have a mage heal?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrex View Post
    No. As stated by the Devs - if a class puts 66 points into 2-3 DPS souls, everything remaining constant, their DPS will be the same. The same goes for tanking. This game revolves around ROLES not CLASSES.

Please get it right.

Heck IF you were right, then warriors should be the WORST dps.
    hmmm, dunno how/what u got out of my post, but warriors have been the best tanks in the since the beginning more or less and theres no doubt about that
    Last edited by Alex113; 05-16-2012 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex113 View Post
    hmmm, dunno how/what u got out of my post, but warriors have been the best tanks in the since the beginning more or less and theres no doubt about that
    they shouldn't be, and currently are even with clerics. Look at the Devs math when comparing 2 fully ID geared tanks. Clerics will have more of this, and wars more of that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast