+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: A Suggestion to make the cleric dps more competive and harder to play.

Default A Suggestion to make the cleric dps more competive and harder to play.

U may ask why?
    Clerics are falling behind in high end dps.
    And imo i dont think the current specs should do more dps then a defilemancer for example.
    Cleric has a way to easy rotation 51inq. 51shaman the jolt'n bolt spec.

So i did some thinking and came up with a spec like this.
    Cabitor
    Ofc this spec is not viable atm

The key to my suggestion is to make the cabalist dots and decay ability's more viable ST.
    (side note. I don't see any reason why clerics high aoe spec should have so low ST compared to the other callings)

The key ability's that would to be used in this spec is the following.
    BoJ
    BoD
    Dark Water
    SH
    Vex
    CoD
    Obliterate
    *New Ability("Ruin"): Decay finisher That Does X "static" dmg. Consumes all decays, Applies a dot 12secs based on how many decays used and how many death dots currently on the target . CD 10 sec.
    (26points up in cabalist replace with Nebulous Haze)
    So basicly 5 death dots, DW,CoD,Vex,SoC and "ruin" x 3 decays.

Then we have a quite complex rotation .
    We will need to keep up the 4dots, BoJ for BoD to proc and the new "Ruin" ability.

Also it applies a bit of skill and luck to keep it up since u want SoC from BoD to apply to the "ruin" ability.

The thing with this aswell is that its going to boost the 51cabs ST abit aswell
    All talent changes can be made in cabalist to make this spec viable.

This is clearly a working progress but i think i gave u an idea what i want out off the Cleric dps.

Feedback!
    Just click it!

Ascendant

Good idea, i'd be all for it!

Counter suggestion, we get a new 26 pt cab ability called decay storm. It is a carbon copy of rift storm but consumes three decays instead of 3 attack points but has the same ability to one shot all of bridge in scion.

QQ aside, I'm fine with giving clerics a more complex DPS option I'm just unsure that we are that far behind others to warrant this type of change. This spec might be a bit more mobile than mage alternatives so we'd have to factor that into the equation.
    Trinity - Greybriar - Top Guild?
    Bohr - Cleric - (Check out my stream)
    4/4 ToDQ Conq* :: 4/4 FT Conq* :: 5/5 EE Conq* :: 4/4 dat HM
    GP/DH/GsB/RoS/RoTP/HK/PF/ID Conq
    Rift Raid Progression/Parse Site :: www.topofrift.com :: Use it!

Quote Originally Posted by cwharland View Post
    Counter suggestion, we get a new 26 pt cab ability called decay storm. It is a carbon copy of rift storm but consumes three decays instead of 3 attack points but has the same ability to one shot all of bridge in scion.

QQ aside, I'm fine with giving clerics a more complex DPS option I'm just unsure that we are that far behind others to warrant this type of change. This spec might be a bit more mobile than mage alternatives so we'd have to factor that into the equation.
    A little more mobile yes, but u still have to do 3-5 casting abilitys every 15secs.
    But if mobility is a factor 51inq should to best on a standing fight..

Also dont forget this changes does not change any current specs.
    Last edited by Akerling; 05-10-2012 at 07:42 AM.
    Just click it!

A cleric Dps spec that actually uses some brain power to play...yes please.

Sticking to my idea, Kinda want a bit more constructive feedback.
    Do you guys think cabalists should have more ST dps?
    Just click it!

Plane Touched

Eww a dot spec!

moa to 50%
    Last edited by Harmarofwhitecastle; 05-12-2012 at 04:51 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Akerling View Post
    I never got why cab didn't have decent single target, just because it's supposed to an aoe spec means that there is no use for single target at all? thats just stupid.I'm not saying cab should have the same single target as BnJ, but at least make it viable so we can take advantage of that aoe dmg on anything other than trash/PvP

All of cleric dps is stupid imo, because its based on the premise of "but you can heal". so what?, if your trying to have the top dps spec your not going to be healing anyways, so why gimp our dps?

I'm all for a more engaging/challenging spec as long as its worth the investment, if I can get 5% more dps (just a number, dont take it to heart) but have to play a harder spec with an actual rotation I'm all for it. I'm just about sick of spamming the same macro all night, it gets boring after 3 hours of raiding.

I think that whatever the change may be, there needs to be one. cleric dps is boring and sub par at best.
    Last edited by Haptiic; 05-12-2012 at 05:11 PM.

shp
    Champion

I like the idea a lot, always wanted to see inq/caba hybrid viable and competitive but besides passive talents which are pretty much in good synergy, without going either full 51inq or 51caba abilities do ****.

Please take a look on this, haven't seen a better suggestion and solution to cleric dps in a while.

BIG YES for hard specs which reward skilled players!!
    Last edited by shp; 05-12-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmarofwhitecastle View Post
    Eww a dot spec!

moa to 50%
    While im not against raising the MoA abit but to 50% is just stupid and such suggestion brings down the IQ off the cleric forum down to Rogue forums level.

Get it to 35% perhaps if zinbik just wants to please the clerics for what 2 weeks off happiness untill the clerics understand how dull and easy there specs are.

Obliviously i don't like your current specs.
    i don't think our current specs should do more dps then a defilemancer standing still. Cus your specs are way to easy.
    Just click it!

Quote Originally Posted by Akerling View Post
    I am a warrior and I have to say why not? I have cornered beast on a 30 second CD in my ST rotation and it hits 10 targets, sab does decent ST, mages have SC, I really don't see what the problem would be.

Telaran

Would love to see that happen. Getting pretty bored of pushing 2-3 buttons for almost every dps spec. Would make cleric dps alot more fun and competitive to play, and I do agree that cabalist ST dps should be higher then it is right now to balance it out with other AoE classes.

Rift Chaser

Default Cabalist ST

The reason why Cabalist ST DPS is so bad is that the new MoA only affects 4 abilities in the enitre tree: Dark
    Water, CoD, Distorted Shadows and Obliterate (only the ability not the decays). if they were to add the 25% to decays used by Obliterate and Shadows touch then it would allow us to reach better numbers while still being behind everyone else.
    Also i would like to have a bit more consistency with the AoE DPS for Cabalist. i know its another QQ but i dont see why Saba and Champ can match us for AoE DPS and their CD's are shorter than our SoA. for example i can hit 17K DPS with SoA but as soon as that runs out i fall back down to ~8k DPS, a Champ runs in at 12k DPS and stays there as their abilities allow consistent DMG. it was nice having the top spot for just trash, kinda made me feel better after being whitewashed for bosses where mages and warriors sit on top, but now our niche build has been taken away

id like to see SoA removed and a slightly harder rotation for AoE as well as ST just to keep it consistent rather than spikey, so im totally up for the changes mentioned by the OP!!!

Plane Touched

I actually tried a dot build and it sucked, i'm note sure adding just 1 dot will solve the problem ^^

The problem is spam BoJ + BoD proc is superior to almost all cleric dps combinations -_-

Ascendant

I want a ranged spec which is just soul-crushingly difficult to play, but on par with Jolt n Bolt in terms of DPS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast