+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me with DPS (pve) and PVP builds (currently Shaman)

Default Help me with DPS (pve) and PVP builds (currently Shaman)

Hi guys, so 1 month ago i came back into rift after few months and started with Cleric.

I wanted to be shaman and i am. My gear is currently (almost full T1) with blue weapon from HC, with few blues still. And for pvp almost full 1st pvp set.

Anyway the problem is my dps, i am doing around 500-650 dps in instances and i am not setisfied with it, so i am considering going ranged dps/caster but i do not know which build to choose, so i am asking you guys for help please.

Here is my pve build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...EedttrsAk.m.-6

and pvp build:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...ttrsAk.VuMs.-6

So please, can any1 help me with caster ranged dps (pve) and pvp specc, or is shaman what i stay?

Thank you.

Plane Walker

Shaman, Inquisitor (ranged) and Joltinq are all perfectly viable dps specs for clerics. Shaman and joltinq is not optimable on many fights as they require you be in melee and sometimes cast spells. Inqusitor is your go-to dps build that will work on any fight but parse a bit lower than the melee specs.

I don't have any guides for shaman and I don't know much about joltisitor but for Inquisitor Ahov has written a comprehensive guide for 51 inquisitor(Link)

Joltisitor guide

To answer your question, keep your shaman if that's what you like to play. If fights don't allow you to play shaman effective, rift allows you to switch to inquisitor quickly through roles.

Plane Touched

The amount of dps you're pulling for your gear level does seem rather low, so there could bee some errors in your rotation. Some other things I would recommend are to pick up passive speed buffs from PA, as well as insoles to help in times where you may be disconnecting.

For rotation help, here is the Shaman thread made in 1.7: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...n-summary.html

Shadowlander

The previous advice is good, however i would suggest staying away from Jolt'n'Bolt (Joltisitor) untill you have better gear and are in raid environments for PvE and avoid it completly for PvP. The other two builds should be good for you and the guides offered will help you learn the rotations.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaitiing View Post
    Shaman, Inquisitor (ranged) and Joltinq are all perfectly viable dps specs for clerics. Shaman and joltinq is not optimable on many fights as they require you be in melee and sometimes cast spells. Inqusitor is your go-to dps build that will work on any fight but parse a bit lower than the melee specs.

I don't have any guides for shaman and I don't know much about joltisitor but for Inquisitor Ahov has written a comprehensive guide for 51 inquisitor(Link)

Joltisitor guide

To answer your question, keep your shaman if that's what you like to play. If fights don't allow you to play shaman effective, rift allows you to switch to inquisitor quickly through roles.
    As Mouset said, Joltinq (as Whaitling calls it: everyone else calls it Jolt'n'Bolt orJoltisitor) is not for you if you still have blues. Not even close. Stay away! You'd want, at minimum, about 1700 SP I'd say.

I don't think Inner Focus helps out Shaman too much. If you want to stay full Shammy, I'd probably drop Inq, and maybe try out Druid. Adding Bombard to Shammy can't be a bad thing.

Or go less Shammy, forget about the DPS numbers, and go more into Justi (and some into Sentinel), and you're looking good for a support role.
    Founder, and sometime Cleric

+ Reply to Thread