+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Ramblings of a Cleric

Default Ramblings of a Cleric

My rambles

1. Cant remember when but that 20% across the board healing debuff in pvp as pretty lame.
    2. Why everytime i try to do something in the guild window it moves and resets or something and screws me over, and why the heck hasn't it been fixed yet.
    3. Every patch i watched as a ton of my guild members would quit over something trion did.
    4. Pvp- Wow, it use to be so fun more on that later
    5. When did they ninja patch the OP sentinal 100% rez.....Atleast tell us.
    6. Things seem to move along at a break neck pace. I get use to one thing, then a month later some major change is implemented and it feels like i have to start over.
    7. I remember this one time a while back i destroyed my pvp hammer. At the time it was ok, cause there were only 8 ranks and you bought each peice as you had the favor, then they made the pvp changes to rank 40 and you had to upgrade individual pieces. I got a big ole FU basically from the GM that i asked if i could get it back since i had no idea about the changes. Was pretty lame.
    8. Am i suppose to be able to use doctrine of righteousness without los, and when are you going to ninja nerf it?
    9. Why can a single player burn my hp with 1400 valor and full hots rolling
    10. A ingame calender would be nice already.
    11. The game is called rift, yet i really don't see a use in them outside of leveling anymore. Something else always gives better xp,loot,ect.
    12. As a raid leader i had to learn other classes pretty hardcore, one thing i hate is that i have to tell people all damn day not to overwrite archon debuffs. Its a archon why can someone with lesser debuffs overwrite them. Gets old, especially when new raiders come along.
    13. So many bugs, but they seem to get skipped in favor of more content. Id rather you go back and fix problems, than add more content.
    14. Random suggestion, why not make some actual pvp souls, instead of trying to balance pve with pvp if its so hard. The time spent coming up with nerfs and buffs could be better spent making pvp souls that work for pvp.
    15. Did the mage really just crit my maxed out cleric for 3k 4 times? *Respawns* Damn that warrior just did it to within a silence. *Respawns* gd that rogue just did it to within deaded. *Respawns* just a cleric. ignores
    16. Whats the point of pvp if i need focus/hit to damage someone without worrying about missing. I almost go as far as to say theres almost no point in reaching rank 40 when my pve gear does more damage than my pvp gear.
    17. Mein of aggression is a pretty lame band-aid.
    18. New players are fallen behind pretty fast. Especially with PA being taken into account.
    19. Sigh still no weapon wardrobe.
    20. Running out of bag bank and alt space. Is it ok to destroy some of this old crap, like my t2 gear. Or will you make a change the week after i do it to upgrade t2 gear into like t5 or something. Sounds stupid, but i already got screwed like that once.
    21. Invisible online status, so the nerds will leave me alone.
    22. My character looks like a ginger, sup with dem haircuts.
    23. Just do away with the factions already.
    24. Did i say a ingame calender already? Ive seen multiple threads including one that i made, but all anyone ever seems to get is flak from the trolls.
    25. Id like to be able to swap my greaters...Instead of having to rebuild a good sigil cause it has a hailstone in it.
    26. To much currency. Gotta tell ya, i got so much bs currency. instead of it taking up bag space why not put a additional money slot for them. Like add it next to your plat or something. Kinda like how wow did keys. Just a little bag that autoloots event currency. Im already out of bag space with 10 sigils and 3 gear sets and wardrobe weapon stuff i cant use stupid hats snowmen, boxes and other random stuff. Cant bring my self to destroy it, cause i know im gonna need it again.
    28. For the love of god add something to the cities. All that water behind sanctum, throw some dirt down and build.
    29. Been like a year and some change. Why no new warfronts?
    30. Id like to see guild boats, instead of housing. Tons of water.
    31. Dyes dont work as intended. Black should not look grey ect ect.
    32. Scarlet Gorge.......aka deadzone
    33. Done

first and last post?

ibtl
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrex View Post
    first and last post?

ibtl
    Nah, why wife still plays, and i already unsubbed so i used hers. Cant post a new thread but can post in already made threads. I hope to come back, but its just not enjoyable to me atm.
    Last edited by Noloty; 05-09-2012 at 07:37 PM.

I'm only going to respond to #14, cause that list is huge and kinda all over the place.

14. Random suggestion, why not make some actual pvp souls, instead of trying to balance pve with pvp if its so hard. The time spent coming up with nerfs and buffs could be better spent making pvp souls that work for pvp.

They used to have a PvP Soul for each Calling (Templar = Cleric, Vindicator = Warrior, Infiltrator = Rogue, Archmage = Mage). The eliminated them because people would have limited spec options when they chose to PvP -- they'd feel "forced" to have 20 or more points in these Souls just to survive in PvP (if you wanted to put more than 5 points in the souls, you had to be level 50). With the War Planar Attunement, any level 50 player can have the passive PvP benefits while maintaining full flexibility with the 8 main souls of their Calling -- provided it's a smart PvP build and not just "lol I'm a PvP Archon, duel me".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I also made other enhancements to certain aspects of the game for various reasons.

Rift Chaser

Stopped reading at #4.

Quote Originally Posted by Morvick View Post
    I'm only going to respond to #14, cause that list is huge and kinda all over the place.

They used to have a PvP Soul for each Calling (Templar = Cleric, Vindicator = Warrior, Infiltrator = Rogue, Archmage = Mage). The eliminated them because people would have limited spec options when they chose to PvP -- they'd feel "forced" to have 20 or more points in these Souls just to survive in PvP (if you wanted to put more than 5 points in the souls, you had to be level 50). With the War Planar Attunement, any level 50 player can have the passive PvP benefits while maintaining full flexibility with the 8 main souls of their Calling -- provided it's a smart PvP build and not just "lol I'm a PvP Archon, duel me".
    Yup i was around for all that, ive been playing since head start. And again its a ramble. Imo they should have added more and blanced pvp around some pvp souls. Ie add more that can only be used in pvp. Instead of stripping them. I miss my detaunt.

For being a ranting complaint post I think it was pretty good.

Though I would prefer that the addon API gets accelerated so we can get more powerful addons sooner. Like an in-game calendar. An addon can do that much better than an in-game feature, as long as the API is there. My personal wish is for me to be able to write my own TAB targeting addon.

I'm an altoholic: Thirteen 60 clerics, eleven 60 rogues, eleven 60 warriors, five 60 mages, etc...

Some valid points are made in this to be fair.

Ascendant

Some good points.

The PVP souls were horribly unbalanced and broke specs.

If they had actual good pvp souls for all classes with abilities and stuff, it might have been different.

The warrior one was so bad it's hard to explain how bad it was, for example. "Spec Vindicator FTW!" is still a joke there. ;)
    Raelyn <The Granite Guard> R40 Warrior @ Seastone
    Tomoka <The Granite Guard> R40 Cleric @ Seastone

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Stopped reading at #4.
    You did better than me. I stopped at #2.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    Yet you waste time with a stupid post. Exciting and new.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

On another note

--Why doesn't aggressive renewal scale.

GSB Conq/ROS Conq/HK Conq/ID Conq
    4/4 TotDQ
    4/4 FT
    2/5 EE
    <The Chosen>

wow guild boats.... I remember daoc had something like that. everyone loaded on the boat, sailed into enemy lands and WRECKED OUT!!! nothin like wrecking your backyard with a bunch of Trolls launching trebs at your keep walls, Kobold assassins jump out and stalk the surrounding woods for noobs XPing close to the keep for XP bonuses, taking over the towers and holding them for hours against superior numbers ...... those were the days...
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Quote Originally Posted by Ivengar View Post
    Wait, we were supposed to read the post? I only read the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by Noloty View Post
    My rambles

1. Cant remember when but that 20% across the board healing debuff in pvp as pretty lame.
    2. Why everytime i try to do something in the guild window it moves and resets or something and screws me over, and why the heck hasn't it been fixed yet.
    3. Every patch i watched as a ton of my guild members would quit over something trion did.
    4. Pvp- Wow, it use to be so fun more on that later
    5. When did they ninja patch the OP sentinal 100% rez.....Atleast tell us.
    6. Things seem to move along at a break neck pace. I get use to one thing, then a month later some major change is implemented and it feels like i have to start over.
    7. I remember this one time a while back i destroyed my pvp hammer. At the time it was ok, cause there were only 8 ranks and you bought each peice as you had the favor, then they made the pvp changes to rank 40 and you had to upgrade individual pieces. I got a big ole FU basically from the GM that i asked if i could get it back since i had no idea about the changes. Was pretty lame.
    8. Am i suppose to be able to use doctrine of righteousness without los, and when are you going to ninja nerf it?
    9. Why can a single player burn my hp with 1400 valor and full hots rolling
    10. A ingame calender would be nice already.
    11. The game is called rift, yet i really don't see a use in them outside of leveling anymore. Something else always gives better xp,loot,ect.
    12. As a raid leader i had to learn other classes pretty hardcore, one thing i hate is that i have to tell people all damn day not to overwrite archon debuffs. Its a archon why can someone with lesser debuffs overwrite them. Gets old, especially when new raiders come along.
    13. So many bugs, but they seem to get skipped in favor of more content. Id rather you go back and fix problems, than add more content.
    15. Did the mage really just crit my maxed out cleric for 3k 4 times? *Respawns* Damn that warrior just did it to within a silence. *Respawns* gd that rogue just did it to within deaded. *Respawns* just a cleric. ignores
    16. Whats the point of pvp if i need focus/hit to damage someone without worrying about missing. I almost go as far as to say theres almost no point in reaching rank 40 when my pve gear does more damage than my pvp gear.
    17. Mein of aggression is a pretty lame band-aid.
    18. New players are fallen behind pretty fast. Especially with PA being taken into account.
    19. Sigh still no weapon wardrobe.
    20. Running out of bag bank and alt space. Is it ok to destroy some of this old crap, like my t2 gear. Or will you make a change the week after i do it to upgrade t2 gear into like t5 or something. Sounds stupid, but i already got screwed like that once.
    21. Invisible online status, so the nerds will leave me alone.
    22. My character looks like a ginger, sup with dem haircuts.
    23. Just do away with the factions already.
    24. Did i say a ingame calender already? Ive seen multiple threads including one that i made, but all anyone ever seems to get is flak from the trolls.
    25. Id like to be able to swap my greaters...Instead of having to rebuild a good sigil cause it has a hailstone in it.
    26. To much currency. Gotta tell ya, i got so much bs currency. instead of it taking up bag space why not put a additional money slot for them. Like add it next to your plat or something. Kinda like how wow did keys. Just a little bag that autoloots event currency. Im already out of bag space with 10 sigils and 3 gear sets and wardrobe weapon stuff i cant use stupid hats snowmen, boxes and other random stuff. Cant bring my self to destroy it, cause i know im gonna need it again.
    28. For the love of god add something to the cities. All that water behind sanctum, throw some dirt down and build.
    29. Been like a year and some change. Why no new warfronts?
    30. Id like to see guild boats, instead of housing. Tons of water.
    31. Dyes dont work as intended. Black should not look grey ect ect.
    32. Scarlet Gorge.......aka deadzone
    33. Done
    Well said.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast