+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DPS Trinkets

Soulwalker

Default DPS Trinkets

Hey folks, I'm trying to get more into DPS'ing (specifically Bolt-n-Jolt and Cabicar) and am not aware of which trinkets would be good for DPS as I've always been tanking or healing. Would you all mind offering some recommendations? I clear t1's regularly with folks, run experts and have been up to Sicaron in HK and Silgen in RotP.

Much appreciated!

Lost Favor/Lifebound Relic are both great trinkets for those specs. Contempt on Vex will proc them for the bolt n jolt and everything will proc it for cabicar. Easily attainable at your progression level and since you were a healer you might already have them.

Soulwalker

I'll keep an eye out for them. I've had the SHoE since I started pretty much so I never paid much attention to other trinkets. Would The Cold Heart's proc rate make is less desirable than those or would they amount in more dps anyways?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Bond View Post
    I'll keep an eye out for them. I've had the SHoE since I started pretty much so I never paid much attention to other trinkets. Would The Cold Heart's proc rate make is less desirable than those or would they amount in more dps anyways?
    The Cold Heart is OK with Shaman and Druid, but not really with Inquisitor.

With Lost Favor/Lifebound it actually doesn't have a great uptime just off Vex and a DPS Cleric is probably better off grabbing the BoneLord Trinket from Iron Tombs or Royal Focusing Crystal from Greenscale Blight.

I can say with my Druid, using the Royal Focusing crystal _seems_ to be better on raids, but the Cold Heart might be better without raid buffs, you pretty much need a build with Sanction Heretic to use the crystal, but the uptime is good with it.

I'm not sure if the ultimate trinket is the Abyssal Mark of Power for every DPS spec, it's not exactly super easy to get, I don't have it myself but some people I've talked to have said the uptime of it isn't great sometimes. I would definitely recommend picking up the Bonelord Tribket if you're starting out, 15 seconds uptime when it procs, pretty much a constant 42 spellpower.
    Last edited by Malark; 05-09-2012 at 05:47 PM.

Ascendant

I was wrong about needing sanction heretic to get the Royal Focusing Crystal and Bonelord trinket to proc. Not needed.

Soulwalker

I just realized generally speaking I will be running Jolt-n-Bolt for DPS which has no healing which won't allow the SP trinkets to proc. I'll check out the other ones and see what I can find or get to drop - of course they won't now that I'm looking for one. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Tocsin View Post
    Lost Favor/Lifebound Relic are both great trinkets for those specs. Contempt on Vex will proc them for the bolt n jolt and everything will proc it for cabicar. Easily attainable at your progression level and since you were a healer you might already have them.
    Healing trinket proc rates are so abysmal from Vex's Contempt that you're better off using the PVP trinket unitl you can get a hold of a "damaging spells" trinket.

Not only that but you don't spec into Contempt for the Bolt spec.

+ Reply to Thread