+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ID Cleric tanking - reference Ituz.

Rift Disciple

Default ID Cleric tanking - reference Ituz.

Given that the Cleric tank seems to get instaganked on Ituz a lot more offen than the warriors, and with most raid would prefer two geared warrior tanks, can Cleric tanking really be considered "equal choice as we where informed .it would be?

Cleric tanking still needs some work, while it is a lot better than it was, there is still a obivous. Difference in the tanks chances of living past bad rng.

with a lot of healing specs having having a BR, that doesn't give strong enouh reason for the difference, the weak heals also don't stand out for this either .

The Justicar crystal is also of no real use other than the Endurance in ID, and is more a.Cabicar must than a Justicar must have.

TLDR..

Justicar tanking still needs some love.

hmmm, I have no problem tanking in ID. We are pretty much on par with warriors. We take less damage on blocked hits, we have slightly higher avoidance, and we only have ~4% less health.

Only the encounter should determine what kind of tanks to use. EX the first boss in ID - its nice to have 2 rogue tanks on the adds as the raid doesnt need to kill the fire guys any more.

We can solo tank encounters that have adds because of our overhealing.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Quote Originally Posted by Calibrex View Post

Only the encounter should determine what kind of tanks to use. EX the first boss in ID - its nice to have 2 rogue tanks on the adds as the raid doesnt need to kill the fire guys any more.

We can solo tank encounters that have adds because of our overhealing.
    One rogue tank should be plenty if you work the positioning right.

But at OP, we seem to tank fine though in ID.

The loving i would like to see, like you mentioned, is our synergy crystal. The salvation buff is almost worthless, its maybe a few more HPS on yourself which is nothign compared to the 12-14k hits we take.
    The 4pc also only comes out to an effective HPS (with 1200sp) of 40hps.

meanwhile warriors get 3% dodge and 2% mitigation (numbers may be wrong) which scale infinitely better then the our small hps increase which scales poorly, even more so with 30wisdom>200sp weapon buff for mitigation.

Cleric Tank

Rift Disciple

After watching the ring gods gankbthe warrior last night a few times, it seems that the pure tanking is closer than it seemed.

However I still stand by the senergy crystal issues.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Justicar tanking is fine.

Sure, small tweaks can be made - but those ideas are minor overall.
    --BC

there is a possible bug on ituzial. when i was tanking it a few times i took a 20k+ kick, the rogues and warriors only get hit for about ~16k on that attack usually, for the rest of the attacks the damage was the same for us.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    there is a possible bug on ituzial. when i was tanking it a few times i took a 20k+ kick, the rogues and warriors only get hit for about ~16k on that attack usually, for the rest of the attacks the damage was the same for us.
    If you can, try to get a recording of this with negative buffs only showing on the combat in-game console.

Also, what tanking spec?

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    If you can, try to get a recording of this with negative buffs only showing on the combat in-game console.

Also, what tanking spec?
    i'm not sure when i'll be tanking it again, maybe this weekend but i typically dps on this fight since my guild has about 4 HK relic geared tanks (including me) and i can just go inquisicar just as easily

the spec was the traditional just/sham/inq when i got the 20k hit (i had 20.5k hp and lived by 100 health O.o)

but i've made some changes since that incident: i recently swapped my spec to a just/inq/druid though for maximum HP to try and avoid getting instagibbed as much as possible. also i used a way of water trinket that day which in hindsight was a mistake for that fight, normally i use a +30 endurance trinket so i'll swap back to that. changing all that i went from 20.5k fully raid buffed to 21.5k fully raid buffed, so in theory i should have a much smaller chance of getting instagibbed if i do tank ituzial again.

another thing i might change is using an endurance vial instead of a fire resist vial which will put me at 22k hp pretty much although im not sure if its worth it

Some warrior tanks do Ituziel without a fire core, is that possible for cleric tanks? Potentially having to farm 2400 ISS for a raid instance is really not appealing at all.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    meanwhile warriors get 3% dodge and 2% mitigation (numbers may be wrong) which scale infinitely better then the our small hps increase which scales poorly, even more so with 30wisdom>200sp weapon buff for mitigation.
    you flipped dodge and mitigation, it's 2% dodge and 3% flat mitigation, which is ridiculously awesome (we have to spend 3 talent points on a dps soul to get less effect than this).
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

+ Reply to Thread