+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By The Relic
  • 1 Post By The Relic

Thread: Druid, my finalised idea!

Default Druid, my finalised idea!

Ok I've trauled through the lore until my brain hurts due to the revision, I've tested Ezzie and Foaly to their fullest extents. I've even looked at ALL and I mean all stats and my combat experience with them.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rank them 6 and here's why:

I upgraded my armour and my health shot through the roof. For some reason though, my faeries heals weren't effective enough then to keep me alive, it was like healing a brick wall. I was truly annoyed at this and remembered my last thread, thus I started working furiously towards an idea no one except op warriors etc. couldn't refuse!

It could be the first pet class in a line of many to come to allow more than 1 pet to be summoned.

I've thought that the druid and pets could act as an effective mini group consisting of support, healing, tanking and dps. The garden faerie, still the old greater faerie model (I want my shortypoo back!) is still institued as I feel that I've really done something good while making her.

Her abilities are in the next part! (Separating it as people won't listen if I do long posts)
    BRING BACK OLD THE GREATER FAERIE DESIGN! I DEMAND CAPTAIN SHORT BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-please.html The avatar is not mine! It's Johnjoseco's from deviant art! Go there! Wow, love and joy it! XD

This is the section on the...

GARDEN FAERIE

Explosive Spores: The faerie hurls some explosive spores at the enemy (1 sec cast mid range) which explode upon contact doing 102 damage and 56 damage to nearby enemies.

Vespid swarms: The faeries staff is surrounded by vespid gatherers trying to collect the rich pollen within, the faerie spins the staff round, enraging the vespids, the vespids will splash out in a cone in front of the faerie, doing 89 damage to enemies within it + poisoning them for 5 secs. (2 sec cast, instant cooldown)

Vine pull: The faeries casts for 2 seconds and then her staff erupts into vines pulling the enemy into the faerie and rooting them for 5 secs.

Blooms of Asphodel's Wrath: The faerie casts for 3 seconds and then throws a bomb of seeds at the enemy, doing 87-107 damage to them and growing a field of flowers arounds them that applies strong poison and slows anyone within its range.

Death Bloom: 5 sec cast + 17 sec cooldown. A flower erupts out of the ground and swallows the target, they will not be able to perform any action or move. It will also do 210 damage within its duration.

I feel that with these abilities she could act as effective support due to her array of crowd control and later on I'll tell you how she heals. She focuses on aoe damage mainly (a big lack of it in druid, well effective aoe at least) This is a good idea for it a sort of combo:

Explosive spores X3
    Death bloom
    Explosive spores X3
    Vine pull
    Blooms of Asphodel's Wrath
    Vespid swarm continuous or until enemy gets away.

Ok next part will be the TREANT
    BRING BACK OLD THE GREATER FAERIE DESIGN! I DEMAND CAPTAIN SHORT BACK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
    http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...on-please.html The avatar is not mine! It's Johnjoseco's from deviant art! Go there! Wow, love and joy it! XD

So now it's the tank...

TREANT

Wild blow: The treant swings his arms wildly, doing 86 damage to the enemy.
    Crude sweep: The treant sweeps an arm furiously, doing 118 damage to the enemy and knocking them back.
    Sticks and stones: The treant throws sticks and sotnes at the enemy (usable while moving, instant cast) he mainly throws sticks, doing 67 damage each but there is a 2 in 10 chance of him throwing a stone doing 97 damage and stunning the enemy for 2 secs.
    Entangling roots: The treant spawns roots, unbreakably rooting 4 nearby enemies.
    Spread roots: The treant sacrifices a 30% snare for 10 seconds in order to heal the treant by 10% of its health each second.

I'll tell you just how he tanks a bit later in my final buff and ability post. He could be good at keeping the enemy near him while still healing with a combo like this.

Sticks and stones (until caught up with target)
    Alternating between wild blow and crude sweep until damaged a lot.
    Spread roots
    Entangling roots to hold em in place
    Sticks and stones until caught up again

Then the process starts again!

The next part will be the MULTI PET MECHANIC post!
    Last edited by The Relic; 05-08-2012 at 09:36 AM.

Now I'm onto the 2nd to last part the...

4 PET MECHANIC

The multi pet mechanic looks horrifyingly OP on paper but in practice it's actually OK.

It gives the druid a chance to summon a full section of support or damage or all at once! Here's how I plan what level gets what.

Level 1: Lesser faerie (pfft)
    Level 14: Garden faerie
    Level 20: Greater faerie
    Level 26: Satyr
    Level 31: Call of the fae, summons both faeries at once.
    Level 32: Treant
    Level 36: Call of the forest, summons the satyr and treant at once.
    Level 46: Call of life, summons the satyr, treant and both faeries all at once.

I really think this would work. The good stuff is still all unlocked at higher levels but it gives off 4 pets to choose from (not including lesser rubbish).

I think it could work like, you have your pet bar but the up and down arrows on it with arrows on it could go like:

1: All pets controls, basic orders for all pets to attack etc.
    2: Greater faerie, specially chosen for panick NEED HEALS!!!
    3: Treant, for quick access to the root spell.
    4: Satyr, he's best left to his own devices...
    5: Garden faerie, if you go down from 1, it shows 5, good for being able to choose where to target spells.

So that's pretty much it from me for now... teeee hee!

The final part on buffs LATER hands too tired right now. Will be here real soon. So just comment and like my current ideas now, I'd really appreciate comments... And I'd love likes and supportive comments...

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by The Relic View Post
    On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd rank them 6
    For some reason though, my faeries heals weren't effective enough then to keep me alive, it was like healing a brick wall.
    What was your build when you tested this? and what were you fighting when your farie was healing you without effect, and have you been using Combined Effort?

reason i ask is that i run 51Druid/5Justicar/10Shaman and my faire heals randoms all on her own without any input from me. i even thought she was gonna catch fire in RotF against Atrophinious because she managed to reach 1.5k hps XD (i have only purple HK gear and 0 Relics)

also remember that every point spent above 36 in the druid tree gives your pets a boost to the tune of 17% sp/ap contribution which adds up to a 275% boost (including the 20% from the 36th point), plus without the 4set Druid crystal bonus from HK/ID you will find the pets lacking a bit, i have noticed the farie struggling a bit when i forget to equip it lol

The only thing id like to see added to the farie and Satyr is Trinket/Essence procs other than that i think druid is worth atleast 8/10, purely brought down due to poor gear scaling, pet reliant and melee reliant.

Telaran

TO the OP did you play a bonedancer form DAOC??you just discribed one
    Syphal 60 Guardian Cleric
    Spula 60 Guardian mage
    Spack 60 guardian rogue
    Wolfsbane

Plane Touched

I think you are crazy, but I like the idea. I would would suggest you to put this in the suggestion forum though

ahahahaha you forgot the basic "idea" thing, trion is free to fine tune it to weakness as much as they want, I still think the lack of corwd control on druids leaves them lacking, I keep facing up to pyro's and I find fae step lacking as they just flicker. Anyway, I tested it thoroughly but only as 51 point druid with shaman (most common build). I tested it with combined effort AND rage of thr fae. It couldn't keep me up vs a rogue, warrior or mage of the same level and gear level at all.

In fact I've come up with an idea... Only 3 pets BUT!!!!!!!!

Faerie Swift Mender

Poisonous balm: Does 51 damage and then an extra 103 damage over 10 secs (stacks up to 3, 2 sec cast)

Healing balm: 2 sec cast, heals the target for 200 health (1 sec cast)
    Stinging balm: Heals the target for 120 health and then increases movement speed by 30% for 5 seconds.
    Curing balm: Heals the ally for 163 health and removes 1 curse, control, disease or snare.
    Wonderous balm: Heals the ally by 210 health and heals them and 4 allies nearby by 67 health every 2 secs for 16 seconds.

Basically she puts on quick, merciless healing which can also have good side effects.

IT'S AN IDEA!!! I am crazy but good crazy. You better remember that, Ezzie holds staff up to critics necks, "Like now, comment now or I slit throat!"

Oh by the way... There's an E in describe...
    Last edited by The Relic; 05-10-2012 at 09:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread