+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: How to make clerics able to compete in Raid DPS with 1 value change

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Atrlion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default How to make clerics able to compete in Raid DPS with 1 value change

    If we want clerics to be able to compete in raid DPS, all Trion has to do is change one value.

    This is a buff to Shaman, which can be competitive in raid DPS, or it can be at the bottom of the list. The Difference between the two spots is how lucky you are on your RNG.
    As Shaman sits, you do great dps while you are at x3 stacks of Brutilze, but the second they fall off your DPS plummets. Now, Brutilze lasts 10 seconds currently, while Massive Blow has a 15 second cool down, so to get stacks up on the target you have to get Long Memory Procs to build and keep stacks up on the target. The problem with this is that because the RNG is so Random you have no idea if your able to keep up the Brutilze stacks, making this spec parse all over the place in fights.

    Who does this benefit?
    Everybody who raids, by having clerics that pull more DPS, the entire raid will be better for it.

    Does it affect PvP?
    Not very much, considering the buff wouldn't cause that much more damage in PvP.

    Now, how can we fix this?
    Well Shaman is supposed to be a little RNG based, however simply extending Brutilze's length to be 14 seconds, which would still require long memory to proc to keep and build stacks, however it would give us a few extra global cool downs in which to do it. This would keep the RNG of the class, however it would lower the amount of times that Brutilze fell off, thereby making shaman somewhat more constant on dps.
    OR
    You say to hell with the RNG and just make Brutilze last 15 seconds so that it doesn't fall off unless you fall out of range. This makes it so you still have to maintain range to keep the stacks up, however removes the randomness of the class, making it so shaman can do a proper amount of damage.

    Why should you do this trion?
    Because Shaman is the spec that works the WORST out of all cleric dps specs with justicar, making it so it loses much more dps to heal as well, there for it makes the most since to make this the highest dps spec.

    So do it trion, it will take you less time than it did to listen to all of us Clerics QQ about our raid dps.
    *Looks at Greenscale* "Ima Boop you on the head"... "BOOP"*arrow hits Greenscale in the face* *slip away* "RoFL" .... Raid wipe.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer usman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    If you simply extend the duration of brutalise to 14s whilst you might increase the uptime you will nurf it's DPS potential by 40%.

    Fixing the shaman synergy crystal would be a good start and a slightly higher proc chance on long memory would be a much more favorable solution.

    A further reason for fixing crystal and adjusting LM is that it would allow slightly faster rebuilding of stacks when you must target switch, shaman needs help in this area as it currently isn't very viable for any fight that involves multiple targets.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.


  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Oh, you're referring to a melee spec?

    We already have Jolt n Bolt which is very, very competitive.

  4. #4
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    The title of this thread is incredibly misleading.

    The idea is nice I guess. I would prefer to just have Massive Blow deal some insane 3 second DoT and not worry about stacks but that would be broken hahaha.

    I'd much rather be playing BnJ than Shaman though. BnJ is more versatile for fights with movement than Shaman as it has noticeably stronger ranged as well.
    ODOMA!!!

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Oh, you're referring to a melee spec?

    We already have Jolt n Bolt which is very, very competitive.
    Heaven forbid we have more than one competitive DPS spec.

    Isn't multiple viable specs the entire point of Rift?
    EQ2
    Iskae--Former Coercer of Strike

    Rift
    Iskae | Pitati | Attli | Contrae

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Iskae View Post
    Heaven forbid we have more than one competitive DPS spec.

    Isn't multiple viable specs the entire point of Rift?
    What class has multiple viable DPS specs that are competitive? Actually the point to rift is being able to be versatile on the fly which it definitely accomplishes.

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    What class has multiple viable DPS specs that are competitive? Actually the point to rift is being able to be versatile on the fly which it definitely accomplishes.
    As to your first point: That's a design problem, ask Trion. I agree that it's true, but I also see no reason why it should remain so.

    Second point: Raid or bust. I don't give a crap what specs people can use to IA in Stillmoor. (Unless I'm misinterpreting your point)

    Shaman is broken - I see no reason why "We have bolt n jolt" is a reason to leave it broken.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    135

    Default

    I don't know, I gave up on hoping to see clerics on the line of competitive dps. Sorry, jolt'n bolt is NOT an answer to all dps questions, it is a caster in a melee range, sort of like a meowing dog. A meowing dog that cannot move too much. The rest of our dps specs are not getting close to what is needed in raids on certain encounters.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fitness View Post
    I don't know, I gave up on hoping to see clerics on the line of competitive dps. Sorry, jolt'n bolt is NOT an answer to all dps questions, it is a caster in a melee range, sort of like a meowing dog. A meowing dog that cannot move too much. The rest of our dps specs are not getting close to what is needed in raids on certain encounters.
    To say it has -no- mobility isn't quite accurate, you have 3-4 globals of options depending where in the rotation you are when you have to move.

  10. #10
    Ascendant BishopX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,622

    Default

    I club people like baby seals in pvp....
    I actually want MORE RNG
    I love walking up to someone and just when I am ready to start my rotation on them, BAM massive blow crit for 2k JOlt crit for 1.5k, massive blow proc crit 2k again... DEAD!!!

    id actually take the high end to be higher and low end to be lower and make the whole thing luck based, im a maverick thats how I roll
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Oh, you're referring to a melee spec?

    We already have Jolt n Bolt which is very, very competitive.
    "Jolt n Bolt is a fun spec to play. I do wish we had more complex options..." - Ahov (in another recent thread)
    Last edited by Moihan; 05-08-2012 at 10:59 AM.

  12. #12
    MNM
    MNM is offline
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,032

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moihan View Post
    "Jolt n Bolt is a fun spec to play. I do wish we had more complex options..." - Ahov (in another recent thread)
    Shaman is definitely not more complex

  13. #13
    Plane Walker Hijati's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    442

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Oh, you're referring to a melee spec?

    We already have Jolt n Bolt which is very, very competitive.
    It may be competitive, however, it is not viable on very many fights as competitive...
    I hold everyone back!!!
    Hijati-60 Cleric, Hijitity-60 Warrior, Britania-60 Mage, Lizvana-60 Rogue
    Grim Awakening 2/4
    Frozen Tempest- 4/4 Endless Eclipse 5/5

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    I club people like baby seals in pvp....
    I actually want MORE RNG
    I love walking up to someone and just when I am ready to start my rotation on them, BAM massive blow crit for 2k JOlt crit for 1.5k, massive blow proc crit 2k again... DEAD!!!

    id actually take the high end to be higher and low end to be lower and make the whole thing luck based, im a maverick thats how I roll
    Why do you only talk about killing level 3s?

    Thank goodness you missed the thread title and fortunately burst is the only possible way anybody can die in PvP. Oh wait.

    Bwahaha
    ODOMA!!!

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    JnB is all fine and dandy but I agree. I would like to see shaman more competative. For no other reason other than I like shaman. It is the reason I picked to play a cleric. I wish shaman and druid would mix better too while I am at it but I will settle for a higher shaman DPS average if thats all I can hope for.
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts