+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warden Add-on?

Telaran

Default Warden Add-on?

Hey all!

I was wondering if anyone knows of an add-on that will let me track how many stacks of Soothing Streams I have on people without targeting them? I'm not very experienced with Warden, so an add-on like this will help me greatly.

Thanks a lot!
    Eminence of Gnarlwood
    www.eminence.dkpsystem.com

That's a good idea for an add on. I use Karuulalert for SS stacks and then target one tank and focus the other if two tanking. I use @mouseoverui for all my heals so it works out. It doesn't help when 3 tanking so an add on would be appreciated.
    I rite a gooded guide for rouges.

NB-Sin Guide - http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...-sin-spec.html

http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info...Beta.html#info

It's a unit frame addon for party and raids, that lets you configure which buffs and debuffs to have shown on the raid frames... like stacks and duration for soothing stream, duration of all your other hots and such

(if you ever played wow, it's similar to vuhdo/grid/healbot)

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ifebinder.jpg/ <--- this is how it looks... you have 4 buff slots and 4 debuff slots, and you can place them wherever you want in the frames

(and you can make it fancier with this skinpack http://www.riftui.com/downloads/info...beta.html#info... and an official skinpack from the original author is underway too )

Soulwalker

The three healing add-ons I've tried are Mere Healing Frames, Click Box Healer, and LifeBinder. Mere Healing Frames and Lifebinder have configurable buff and HOT tracking already and Click Box Healer is adding it soon, all three allow click-casting.

My personal favorite is LifeBinder, but that's just my opinion. All three have things to offer, I just messed around with them until I found the one that was most comfortable to me.

And the above post even has a link. I was too late again...
    Last edited by Bharel; 05-04-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Telaran

Perfect! Thank you very much!
    Eminence of Gnarlwood
    www.eminence.dkpsystem.com

I went with Karuulalert and followed the video with the Scottish narrator. I set each stack as less translucent than the other, with the fourth stack having no number nor translucent. Timers for each of the three hots are side by side, and under the target which I dragged to above my bars. Probably easier to take a pic of than describe, but after watching that video I gained a better understanding of how to set it up and edit the layout.

I also use the Rift Healer addon. It's not good at tracking hots, but is good at freeing up in-game macros. Just make sure to copy and paste the customized buttons into a document on your desktop for backup. Twice I've had my settings inexplicably changed. It's time consuming to re-type them, which doesn't go well with impatient pugs. It almost feels like a basic healbot... short of the advanced tracking and simple setup. Then it's just a matter of wrapping your head around your new bindings, getting used to them in dire circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotter View Post
    I went with Karuulalert and followed the video with the Scottish narrator. I set each stack as less translucent than the other, with the fourth stack having no number nor translucent. Timers for each of the three hots are side by side, and under the target which I dragged to above my bars. Probably easier to take a pic of than describe, but after watching that video I gained a better understanding of how to set it up and edit the layout.

I also use the Rift Healer addon. It's not good at tracking hots, but is good at freeing up in-game macros. Just make sure to copy and paste the customized buttons into a document on your desktop for backup. Twice I've had my settings inexplicably changed. It's time consuming to re-type them, which doesn't go well with impatient pugs. It almost feels like a basic healbot... short of the advanced tracking and simple setup. Then it's just a matter of wrapping your head around your new bindings, getting used to them in dire circumstances.
    Haha I'm famous. I made that video to aid people in tracking SS on two tanks since I was asked how I do it. I've since expanded my use of Karuul Alert on my cleric alt to track much more than Soothing Streams and help overcome some of the deficiencies of the default UI.

Here is a link to the video for any interested parties.
    Last edited by Zazen; 05-10-2012 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post
    Haha I'm famous. I made that video to aid people in tracking SS on two tanks since I was asked how I do it. I've since expanded my use of Karuul Alert on my cleric alt to track much more than Soothing Streams and help overcome some of the deficiencies of the default UI.

Knew I shouldn't have told you about this thread... Word to the wise, never compliment a Scotsman, because now he'll think he's a celebrity and I won't hear the end of it.

On topic, Karuul Alert is more than sufficient for tracking Warden Abilities (specifically HoTs), and as far as my checking it seems to be the most dynamic addon available.
    Defendor :: Mage :: Greybriar
    :: Trinity ::

Quote Originally Posted by Zazen View Post

Thanks for the video, I found it very useful.

+ Reply to Thread