+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: All hail the greater faerie.

Soulwalker

Default All hail the greater faerie.

So, out of boredom I decided to buy the druid synergy crystal and see if I could 51 druid heal instances, turns out you can and its rather fun. Oh greater faerie, if I could I would make you my E-wife for you have impressed me greatly tonight by healing a few t2's solo.

Key word: Tier2

Sword of Telara

Problem with druid is that any reason you'd want to spec it for, there's another spec that can do it twice as good. Inquisicar & Cabalicar would be better choices for both healing and damage output.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

51 Druid is actually turning out to do good dps in 1.8 with less RNG then shaman.

Cleric Tank

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    51 Druid is actually turning out to do good dps in 1.8 with less RNG then shaman.
    OMG Bofhead's back?

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    good or the best

Quote Originally Posted by Draougho View Post
    So, out of boredom I decided to buy the druid synergy crystal and see if I could 51 druid heal instances, turns out you can and its rather fun. Oh greater faerie, if I could I would make you my E-wife for you have impressed me greatly tonight by healing a few t2's solo.
    wait, her Ai was fixed?

Lets Go Rift. Hope Archeage can do something next. Lets Save Rift

Ascendant

I've been doing this for a while.

There's only really 2 concerns.

1> Burst AOE damage the faerie isn't so crash hot at dealing with. No problem if you are Druidcar tho, some DOL over the top.
    2> Keeping the faerie in line of sight of the tank, basically I put her on passive then move myself up in range until the tank has stopped pulling then switch her to aggressive.

It would be awesome if you could give her a focus target though and she will basically follow that person around.
    Last edited by Malark; 03-18-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Does MoA and MoL reduce fairy's healing?

Rift Disciple

As far as i know the faerie/satyr are not affected by MoH/MoA and the Tank 1 (dont know the name atm) But im only sure about the tank mien. As i offtanked the add on 2nd boss in RotP i used the satyr and the numbers i saw were equal to the "normal" numbers without tank mien.

For healing T2s u dont need the 4 piece HK-Crystal at least not if u go druidicar which spec im using to heal T2s most of the time. But the poor thing is, a well played chloro who make "semi" heal specc should also be able to solo heal T2s and do equal or probably more damage. But Still doing more than 0 Dps (and sometimes more than terribad dps players in grp) make the runs faster.
    Last edited by Gr33nsurfer; 03-19-2012 at 06:42 AM.

Champion of Telara

What would be comical is a 38/26/2 Justi/Druid/Shaman build that lets you solo heal yourself while you tank T2s?

"Oh, don't worry about the healing... I got it covered."
    *summons Greater Faerie*

But it's super easy for me to solo heal any T2 with an inquisicar spec that has righteous mandate while doing very good DPS.

The biggest issue with druid is still that it is outshined by other classes and class combos so i don't see the point of playing it.

Let me try to give a bit more info regarding faerie healing form my own experience.

The faerie is a pet that is really under appreciated by a lot of people. When I started using a faerie for fun during raids people thought I was making a joke. Then I showed them the faerie alone well over 1600hps (this was before I even got the druid synergy crystal) on aoe heavy fight. I then started to take my faerie on test drives to she how well she really did and this resulted in me eventually solo healing master modes and the first and 3rd boss in RotP as a druidicar.

One major thing to look out for though is the AI of the faerie. She will normally only heal people that are in your group. So for the best effect you need to be in the same group as the main tank. However this also counts for the hot and a way to help here is by having a second dps macro which forces a aoe hot everytime. Especially on fights like sicaron you can spam this macro and the faerie will be able to keep the hot up on all 20 raid members allowing for less healers because your own DoL heal up the rest (with a low amount of healers it's possible to reach well over 2500hps on this fight).

Eventually I got one of my guildy's (and fellow guildmaster) to also try it and he is now also a big fan of it.

There are a couple of disadvantages to using druidicar compared to senticar/inquisicar but also some advantages.

Disadvantages:
    • Requires melee range to keep up combined efforts. (unlike inquisicar)
    • Only a few of your main dps ability's grant conviction so you need to have a extra macro to force conviction generation when you need them fast (unlike inquisitor and senticar).
    • The pet can die though this is very very rare as it's immune to almost all aoe and cleave effects.
    • You have to look at more things (makes it more interesting but makes it slightly harder to play then senticar and inquisicar).
    • (probably missed something)

Advantages:
    • Highest possible AoE healing because you have DoL that you can use in the same way as inquisicar and senticar by using the forced conviction macro and at the same time having a faerie also healing.
    • You can heal while stunned/feared/silenced or when you have to move as the faerie can keep standing still.
    • You can do really good tank healing if needed by forcing the faerie to heal the tank and especially in emergensies the rage can help her spam 4-7k heals on a 2sec cast (use focus or targetstarget macro but if your in the tank group she is pretty smart with doing it herself).
    • Can switch to decent dps (1800+) in combat by switching to MoA and satyr (senticar can't do this).
    • You have 2 mana generators so you will have even less mana problems even if you spam DoL a lot.
    • You can do some special things with healing by using the positioning of the faerie (for example on the last boss in RoTP if the raid splits up between the left and right rock placing the faery in the middle allows healing on both sides)
    • (and again some things I probably missed)

And finally my spec of choose: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...qAkqqz.xuMo.-5
    Cleric tanking: Justicar guide | Justicar spreadsheet and item list
    Defence is as much a part of war as offense, the shield as important a tool as the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Radak View Post
    Le...I then started to take my faerie on test drives to she how well she really did and this resulted in me eventually solo healing master modes and the first and 3rd boss in RotP as a druidicar.
    Does the pet not get hit by Heat Funnel or does that count as AOE damage? I can't imagine micro managing a pet on Silgen if I have to keep it out of Funnel. Mind you, I rolled Druid recently and was supremely impressed by the Faerie healing, I can't see it replacing Senticar for that encounter unless it's a geared and experienced group.

Its not that the Faerie cant heal. We know it can heal.

Its that the spec lacks a TON of flexibility provided by other options.... AND the faerie is very lacking both in AI, and in its ability to survive (it is totally not immune to "almost all" aoe and cleaves... maybe some.. but not "almost all")
    Last edited by No_Exit; 03-19-2012 at 01:04 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast