+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Passive Cleanse - What PvP builds maximise this?

Default Passive Cleanse - What PvP builds maximise this?

Okay, so I'm not really new to PvP however until this point I have just been playing raid specs and trying to bend them to fit PvP.

I recently started speccing 51 warden/15 sent for healing in warfronts under the premise that it would provide lots of passive cleanses whilst maximising HoT effectiveness.

Can each HoT tick proc the passive cleanse? If so then I think this is the biggest selling point of this build to just spam HoTs for the whole warfront and cleanse people.

I'm also looking for nice builds for keeping up single targets through focus fire. Are there any Purifier builds that are viable in warfronts? Or is it better to go with a sent/warden build to use Healing Invocation/Grace on single targets along with the Orbs?
    Last edited by Bizar; 02-20-2012 at 05:03 AM. Reason: error.

Only the first tick of HoT's procs anything. Including the passive cleanse. I'm not sure if ripple can proc it on all 5 people or just the one you have targeted, but my guess would be only the target.

There's not really a spike healing build that can reliably counter the kind of spike damage + omnipresent healing debuffs out there right now. The PvP meta currently is to have multiple wardens and spray HoTs all over everything, keeping people alive with sheer HPS.

A purifier shielding low HP people can be useful if your team has warden(s) too, but IMO just another warden would be even more useful. With enough HoTs, those people wouldn't be low HP to begin with.

Soulwalker

Should also point out that in the latest PTS build, Mark of Purification (the passive cleanse talent) has been changed to: Single-target cleanses have a 5-25% chance to remove an additional Curse, Disease or Poison effect. So, no more passive cleansing.

Puris make a good secondary healer in warfronts because their shields aren't affected by healing debuffs, but they suffer over wardens because of their reliance on long-cast heals (Ancestral Flame) after the shield is on cooldown. They don't have as many ways to keep themselves alive versus what Ward/Sent can do. Something like 38/28 Puri/Sent (Serendipity to reduce AF cast times and group shields) can work in my experience, it's just not as good as warden. Both builds are very susceptible to purge spam (rogues), but puri even more so because you can't just immediately recast a shield.
    Varlette
    R40 Cleric | Terrible Idea | Briarcliff
    Avoiding PvP like the plague since 1.8.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Only the first tick of HoT's procs anything. Including the passive cleanse. I'm not sure if ripple can proc it on all 5 people or just the one you have targeted, but my guess would be only the target.

There's not really a spike healing build that can reliably counter the kind of spike damage + omnipresent healing debuffs out there right now. The PvP meta currently is to have multiple wardens and spray HoTs all over everything, keeping people alive with sheer HPS.

A purifier shielding low HP people can be useful if your team has warden(s) too, but IMO just another warden would be even more useful. With enough HoTs, those people wouldn't be low HP to begin with.
    Meh. The dots are definatly good to heal low amounts of damage but when getting alot of spike damage, your right it does not work. Your comment about just having multiple wards spraying hots over everything to maintain healing is not really what happens.

As a healer I do not rely whatsoever on other healers to cast their hots. Yes I cast mine (ripple is key for this) but I also cast many 2 second cast heals as they are fantastic. Healing Current, Deluge, Healing Communion are all fantastic ways to help heal up big spikes in damage.

As it was suggested to me, put some into Sentinals to get Serendipity, its well worth it and you will not miss downpour at all seeing as you can cast your 2 seconds in a half a second quite often.

+ Reply to Thread