+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 86
Like Tree11Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: AoE Cure

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Oxfordshire, UK
    Posts
    64

    Default AoE Cure

    From the mage forums:

    Quote Originally Posted by Kervik View Post
    Hey all,

    Some updates on various things for you.
    ....
    [*]Cleansing Flames is getting updated to hit only those group or raid members that actually have something to cleanse. No more wasting one of its targets on people that don’t need it. It’s also being updated to cleanse poisons and diseases in addition to curses.
    ....
    .
    I wonder if we'll get an update on our cure too? Ours is PBAoE and theirs is GTAoE, but with the advantages and disadvantages of both I don't see any real reason why we shouldn't get the same love
    Last edited by Raella; 02-15-2012 at 01:20 AM.

  2. #2
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    543

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raella View Post
    From the mage forums:



    I wonder if we'll get an update on our cure too? Ours is PBAoE and theirs is GTAoE, but with the advantages and disadvantages of both I don't see any real reason why we shouldn't get the same love
    Theirs requires a cast time and active targeting on their part. We just mash our button for an instant I win on the move. Plus our 15 meter auto targeting pbaoe > their ground aoe (they can miss people who are moving).

    Ups and downs of each one, their fine. I won't say I wouldn't mind smart targeting, but we don't NEED it.
    Last edited by Malbojia; 02-15-2012 at 05:00 AM.
    A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

  3. #3
    Sword of Telara Calibrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    864

    Default

    So will 1 be a smart cleanse and the other not?
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer usman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Calibrex View Post
    So will 1 be a smart cleanse and the other not?
    Looks like Archon aoe cleanse will become smart targetted, whilst empowering light will remain as is - ie cleanses the 10 people nearest to you regardless of cursed or not.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    160

    Default

    And if anybody dies to bad cleansing on sicarion now, well that archon should problaby get replaced :P
    <Addiction>
    Trasgress - Greybriar - #1 Cleric Tank - How to Inquis in pvp

  6. #6
    Sword of Telara Calibrex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    864

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Trasgress View Post
    And if anybody dies to bad cleansing on sicarion now, well that archon should problaby get replaced :P
    well put

    10char
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raella View Post
    From the mage forums:



    I wonder if we'll get an update on our cure too? Ours is PBAoE and theirs is GTAoE, but with the advantages and disadvantages of both I don't see any real reason why we shouldn't get the same love
    I really hope this change doesn't go through.

    Smart cleansing will trivialize every single dispel mechanic in the game, and inevitably but indirectly nerf all raid content.

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer rantology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    720

    Default

    But we can cast ours while silenced ;P
    afk tera.

  9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    369

    Default

    I changed both spells at the same time. Both are now smart in who they cleanse.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    I changed both spells at the same time. Both are now smart in who they cleanse.
    I don't think you realize how this will affect raiding. It is a terrible change and I don't know any healer that appreciates this other than mega casuals.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Pvp crowd is not gonna like this.

    This actually makes senti/warden a lot more potent (still wont use it though)

  12. #12
    Plane Walker Haipaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I don't think you realize how this will affect raiding. It is a terrible change and I don't know any healer that appreciates this other than mega casuals.
    I agree with this it will make some encounters extremely easy, like sicaron for example (not saying it's hard, but u get the idea).

    but somewhat I also think this is how AoE cleanses should work, It shouldn't try to cleanse players that actually have nothing to cleanse.
    AFK.

  13. #13
    Plane Walker Elco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I don't think you realize how this will affect raiding. It is a terrible change and I don't know any healer that appreciates this other than mega casuals.
    Speak for yourself. This is change is great and long over due! only thing it removes from the game is tediousness, not skill.

    AOE cleanse barely even made sense if it wasnt smart. This will free up a role for me! I have had many discussions on this topic with people from several raid guilds that I would not consider casual. Everyone I know thought it was stupid that AOE cleanses were not "smart"

    Thanks Trion!

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haipaa View Post
    I agree with this it will make some encounters extremely easy, like sicaron for example (not saying it's hard, but u get the idea).

    but somewhat I also think this is how AoE cleanses should work, It shouldn't try to cleanse players that actually have nothing to cleanse.
    It's really all about comparison. Someone asked me if I'd like DoL without smart targeting. Let's demonstrate how powerful it is currently:

    **You can stand in the middle of a 78 meter circle and heal everyone within it, without any need to target someone, and it auto-targets the lowest health.

    Not overpowered, right?

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elco View Post
    Speak for yourself. This is change is great and long over due! only thing it removes from the game is tediousness, not skill.
    You are demonstrating such a blanket argument; it can be applied to every mechanic in the game.

    "Akylios' breath? It's not hard, it's just tedious. let's remove it."
    "What? Sicaron requires a purge every few seconds? That's way too tedious and boring."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts