+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Source Engine - some Question

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default Source Engine - some Question

    Hi guys,

    I've some questions about the "Source Engine".


    When I play a Shaman - which essence should i take? (for raid tier 1 and HH /RotP)
    Do I need more crit or power?

    When I play an Inquisitor, which essence do I take?
    More crit or power?

    Is a full fire engine of advantage? (or an other plane)





    Greetings.

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara MaddBomber83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Texas, USA
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Hey!

    First, the BIS source machine for a SP Weight of 7.1 through 2.4 is:
    Living Quest
    Dark Rituals
    Last Rituals
    Living Surge
    Pyro Flare
    Mystic Surge

    What this means.... As a DPS Cleric, until you get close to the crit cap, or immediately after the crit cap, this machine will be BIS, for both Inquisitor and Shaman. When it is not BIS (around the crit cap), it is only off by 1 or 2 essences on either side, and as you get further into the soft crit cap it becomes BIS again.

    In short, best bang for your buck.

    As a Healer Cleric, it becomes not BIS a little further before and after the crit cap, but still gives the best bang for the buck and eventually (all relic gear) becomes BIS again.


    The two exceptions to this are as follows:
    Shaman DPS benifits from that Greater nicely. Not enough for me to make 2 machines for it, but maybe enough for you to make 2 machines for it.

    Purifier healing benifits from its greater nicely too. I may actually make another machine for this.


    As to your resist questions. I ask my raider clerics to have a Death Machine (HK), Fire Machine (RotP), and Water Machine (HK Upper Floor).

    When you are NEW to that content in a raid that is currently progressing through it, these help a lot. If you join a raid that is just farming it, you'll see better geared players go back to their BIS machines.

    Hope that helps!

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaddBomber83 View Post
    Hey!

    First, the BIS source machine for a SP Weight of 7.1 through 2.4 is:
    Living Quest
    Dark Rituals
    Last Rituals
    Living Surge
    Pyro Flare
    Mystic Surge

    What this means.... As a DPS Cleric, until you get close to the crit cap, or immediately after the crit cap, this machine will be BIS, for both Inquisitor and Shaman. When it is not BIS (around the crit cap), it is only off by 1 or 2 essences on either side, and as you get further into the soft crit cap it becomes BIS again.

    In short, best bang for your buck.

    As a Healer Cleric, it becomes not BIS a little further before and after the crit cap, but still gives the best bang for the buck and eventually (all relic gear) becomes BIS again.


    The two exceptions to this are as follows:
    Shaman DPS benifits from that Greater nicely. Not enough for me to make 2 machines for it, but maybe enough for you to make 2 machines for it.

    Purifier healing benifits from its greater nicely too. I may actually make another machine for this.


    As to your resist questions. I ask my raider clerics to have a Death Machine (HK), Fire Machine (RotP), and Water Machine (HK Upper Floor).

    When you are NEW to that content in a raid that is currently progressing through it, these help a lot. If you join a raid that is just farming it, you'll see better geared players go back to their BIS machines.

    Hope that helps!
    So as a DPS/DOL cleric what would a death or fire machine look like?
    I kill more players than anyone! Just ask the last raid that asked me to heal!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I wanted to come out and say the following pretty definitively: There is no goal to make DPS clerics that DPS do less damage than other callings.

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara MaddBomber83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Texas, USA
    Posts
    695

    Default

    The resist machines, you don't have many options.

    In town, pick up the two essences that cost 100 ISS (not the tank one), two essences that cost 50 ISS. This will give you 4/6 slots.

    The two other slots you'll fill with essences that drop from the Death Raid Rift. Any two (Wis/Int) will do.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,102

    Default

    imo the fire resist doesn't seem to make much of a difference in rotp. maybe if everyone stacked it it would help? or is it just really needed for the 4th boss?

    hk I'm 5 bosses in, still got grug, rune king, and estrode to do. don't think anyone has stacked death resist yet. I have been slacking a bit and still have a 50iss death lesser in my focus, I do remember seeing something getting resisted today on sicaron

    I do plan on having a full water resist set for the upper floor though.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Vayra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChainsawPlankton View Post
    imo the fire resist doesn't seem to make much of a difference in rotp. maybe if everyone stacked it it would help? or is it just really needed for the 4th boss?

    hk I'm 5 bosses in, still got grug, rune king, and estrode to do. don't think anyone has stacked death resist yet. I have been slacking a bit and still have a 50iss death lesser in my focus, I do remember seeing something getting resisted today on sicaron

    I do plan on having a full water resist set for the upper floor though.
    Fire resist will be more for ID than RotP. And you need a full water resist sigil for upper HK unless you stack endurance (which is a stupid thing to do).
    Last edited by Vayra; 02-13-2012 at 03:37 AM.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Hi guys,
    thanks a-lot for your answers.


    CritCap is 1187? I do not know how to get those number .


    When I put together an appropriate source machine to hammerhall in raiding, I have to assume there essences according to six small?



    Greetings.

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara MaddBomber83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Texas, USA
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Crit soft cap is a high number, but you get something along the lines of 100-150 extra SC from raid buffs. In full HK gear with some relics is when you'll be close to crit cap.

    I recommend my clerics consider themselves crit capped when their self buffed crit is 1k. Nice round number easy to remember and close enough for government work.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Btw, where was the critt softcap/hardcap ? As far as i know 25 SC Rating = 1% SC.

    If u play Inquisitor i think u can add another 5% for 5 points of inner focus (t1 talent)

    Then u get 5% from ur armor.

    5% From raid debuff

    Not sure but think another 2-5% from buffs. I think only on lower gear lvl it make sense to stack critt. Spellpower scales pretty well specially with inquisitor.

    On longterm a pure SP-Sourcemachine is best anyway, but im still not sure if the 2 greater which provide SP procc enough to be as good or better thana lesser (necrotic rage and adorned shadeshard)

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara MaddBomber83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Texas, USA
    Posts
    695

    Default

    26.375 SC = 1%

    Crit Caps are based on your SC alone, and not your crit chance. I'll explain a little more.

    Tooltip:
    You have a 50% chance to Crit (45% + 5%).
    Your crit rating of 1187 gives you a 45% chance to Crit
    The FIRST Number is your total crit AFTER all the caps.
    The SECOND number, in several places, is your Base Spell Crit (based on your SC alone). This number is affected by the soft and hard caps.
    The LAST number is your crit added in due to buffs and talents (Like Inner Focus). This number is added in AFTER the caps.

    The above tooltip is an example of someone at the Soft Cap, but has the 5% added bonus from inner focus and thus has a 50% crit rate.

    Between the soft cap and hard cap, your contribution to crit rate from SC is 1/5th what it was. So it would take 131.875 SC to go up an additional 1%.

    I believe hard cap is at 60% or maybe 65%. It is so far away (like, 3k SC) I have not given it much thought.

    As far as greaters, I've never had necrotic rage, but there are forum posts discussing if it is better or not than a lessor. If you have that I would keep it.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts