Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: best cleric dps

Soulwalker

Default best cleric dps

What is the best specs for a cleric dps. I have 51 in Inquisitor and am usually always at the buttom of the dps list when in a dungeon. Any suggestions?

Thanks

search the forums. Too many to count.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

I would also like an update on the cookie cutter specs for 1.7,

As I have only recently re-subbed to RIFT for 1.7, after not playing since about when Character Transfers were first introduced and the Pre. HKnell release water event was running. (Having a 50 rogue at the time)

Reading all the Cleric guide posts etc, seem to be from a few patches ago, and looks to be a little outdated.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by starlight124 View Post
    What is the best specs for a cleric dps. I have 51 in Inquisitor and am usually always at the buttom of the dps list when in a dungeon. Any suggestions?

Thanks
    Reroll another class if you ever wanna top the charts. 51 shaman is the best atm, if you don't have to leave melee much.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Champion

51 cab to top the charts on trash!
    Gilg - 50 Guardian Cleric on Briarcliff
    Maximation
    We're recruiting active, competent raiders who enjoy being competitive while having fun!

Prophet of Telara

wtb shaman synergy with 4set bonus 35% more dmg on aoe abilities edit>and aoe brutalize :X
    Last edited by Alex113; 02-07-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Telaran

Thanks
    For OP:

Someone mentioned there are tons of other threads on this exact topic, and that's true - use your search function ;)

For a quick summary though - 51 inq and 51 shaman (look up those other threads for soul combos/rotations) are the two best dmg dealers for Single Target dmg. Which one you use depends on whether you prefer ranged or melee, and to a certain extent on what fight you're in (if it's a fight that really sucks for melee, it won't matter if you 'prefer' melee or not).

As to why you're always near the bottom for dmg - prob two things:
    1. It depends on what gear you're in. I was told for the longest time that 51 inq is better dps, but until I got my 4-set HK bonus I always did better with shaman (and now with the changes in 1.7 shaman is a little higher again, but ignore that for now). So scaling as you get better gear + raid buffs can make a difference and could affect which build is 'best'.
    2. Your rotation may be off. Inq is a little more complicated than Shaman, and if you're moving too much, not refreshing your dots or clipping your dots, you could have large drops in dps. Again, check those other threads that go into this in more detail.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Celeritar; 02-08-2012 at 09:09 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Alex113 View Post
    wtb shaman synergy with 4set bonus 35% more dmg on aoe abilities edit>and aoe brutalize :X
    1) Clerics have a few viable raiding specs for various situations (single target vs aoe, an option the other classes don't get much of to the same extreme) so instead of making 1 super wonder spec how about buying all 6 of your soul slots and ultizing them instead of suggesting the same 4 set bonus of another class.

2) I find the use of emoticons as a sign of weakness.
    Last edited by Failstorm; 02-09-2012 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Failstorm View Post
    2) I find the use of emoticons as a sign of weakness.
    I actually laughed out loud.

Thanks

You said dungeons, so I assume you're not raiding? For 5 man content Druid is actually a decent spec. I can't find a guide though - personally I'd probably go 51 Druid. If I recall it was a pretty simple macro and the pet did more dps than I did.

Anyhow, some links: Shaman http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...n-summary.html

Inquisitor http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...nquisitor.html

Also consider some -icar specs. Senticar is particularly nice for dungeons.

Rift Disciple

1) AoE DPS - 51 Cabalist
    2) ST DPS (melee) - Shaman
    3) ST DPS (Ranged) - Inquisitor

I play mostly Shaman, pre-1.7 I was pulling about 2.2k DPS on a stand/pound fight. Now, I'm running around 2.9k. Not the highest in the raid, but within a hundred or so (RNG could push this higher or lower.) *Note* Shaman is great as long as you have a large DPS uptime on the boss. As soon as you can't refresh stacks of Brutalize, they DPS goes down in a hurry. Like a 500 DPS loss if you have to leave melee range every 30 seconds or so.

Inquisitor is bad for heavy movement fights, but USUALLY has really solid DPS. Shaman can parse higher, BUT you need to have luck from RNG and not have to run out too often.

Cabalist is the best for 3+ mobs at a time. If there's only ever 2 or 3 mobs up at a time during a boss fight, you would be better off going a different spec. Remember, Cabalist's effective range isn't 1-4 mobs, it's sweet spot is 7-10 mobs. In between is anyone's guess as to it's efficacy.

If you're parsing on the low end, it's either your gear, rotation, or play style. (i.e. If you're constantly twitching and interrupting casts as ranged, or your constantly leaving melee range as Shaman.) If you're running Druid,..... you fail.

For maximum dps in a dungeon situation, I usually do the following:

1. Put Vex on as many mobs as possible while covering ground, until you get in melee range.

2. Use Soul Drain (macroed with Fanaticism)

3. If 3-5 mobs, follow up with Bound Fate. If more, skip this part and go to No.4.

4. Use Circle of Oblivion

5. Use Soul Drain again once it is ready - even if the CoO channel hasn't finished yet.

NB: Try to make the transitions as seamless as possible.

For single target (bosses mainly):

1. Spiritual Deficiency

2. Sanction Heretic

3. Vex

4. Bolt of Depravity (if it procs from SH, use it before Vex)

5. Nysyr's Rebuke

6. spam Bolt of Judgment

7. BoD as soon as it procs, reapply Vex when it falls off, cast SH on cd, cast NR on cd (Vex having the lowest priority)

I'm running a 51Inq / 9 Sent / 6 cab build and have Obliterate and Life's Vengeance at the end of my BoJ-spam macro for instacast dps while having to move.
    Last edited by Raynedrops; 02-09-2012 at 02:56 PM.
    Strawberryfields L3X High Elf Mage@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Mercenary Krool L60 Mathosian Warrior@Bloodiron-EU (currently playing)
    Marshall Raynedrops L60 High Elf Cleric@Bloodiron-EU

Shield of Telara

I think Inquisitor is the best DPS, Shaman is just too unreliable and restrictive in my opinion. As long as you're not doing a ton of running you'll parse consistently high. If you're near the bottom of the list you're either doing the rotation wrong (its really simple, look it up) or you just need to get better gear (which will come in time). Was able to get mid 3k dps on sicaron, outparsing alot of people so it's definitely viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Raynedrops View Post
    For maximum dps in a dungeon situation, I usually do the following:

1. Put Vex on as many mobs as possible while covering ground, until you get in melee range.

2. Use Soul Drain (macroed with Fanaticism)

3. If 3-5 mobs, follow up with Bound Fate. If more, skip this part and go to No.4.

4. Use Circle of Oblivion

5. Use Soul Drain again once it is ready - even if the CoO channel hasn't finished yet.

NB: Try to make the transitions as seamless as possible.

For single target (bosses mainly):

1. Spiritual Deficiency

2. Sanction Heretic

3. Vex

4. Bolt of Depravity (if it procs from SH, use it before Vex)

5. Nysyr's Rebuke

6. spam Bolt of Judgment

7. BoD as soon as it procs, reapply Vex when it falls off, cast SH on cd, cast NR on cd (Vex having the lowest priority)

I'm running a 51Inq / 9 Sent / 6 cab build and have Obliterate and Life's Vengeance at the end of my BoJ-spam macro for instacast dps while having to move.
    No need for Spiritual Deficiency. BoD should keep it up; however, I see mine getting overridden constantly.
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

Plane Touched

Default Ranged DPS

i use a 46Inq build and i frequently sit up there with the mages in our guild.

this build requires you to be close to the crit cap (~1050-1100, 40% Unbuffed) as it utilises a +60% crit dmg. in full GSB/RoTP gear and 2 pieces of HK (no relics) BOD gives 5k-5.5k per crit which at ~60% with buffs is alot.

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=00...x.EEoVgxoqz.Me

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast