+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DoL Threat Acting Funky?

Default DoL Threat Acting Funky?

I first noticed this yesterday, 2/5/12. It's hard to pinpoint exactly how it's misbehaving, but I notice my DoL sometimes isn't grabbing any threat on mobs at all. For example, I'll hit a mob with a Soverignty or Bolt of Radiance, tab to another mob, hit it a few times, and spam DoL. The first mob just runs off as if my DoLs were never cast. This has happened on several occasions and I have verified that I'm not the only tank who noticed this issue.

What's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post
    I first noticed this yesterday, 2/5/12. It's hard to pinpoint exactly how it's misbehaving, but I notice my DoL sometimes isn't grabbing any threat on mobs at all. For example, I'll hit a mob with a Soverignty or Bolt of Radiance, tab to another mob, hit it a few times, and spam DoL. The first mob just runs off as if my DoLs were never cast. This has happened on several occasions and I have verified that I'm not the only tank who noticed this issue.

What's going on?
    No problem here (as of raid last night). Working the way it has been since the healing over aggro was fixed.

I've seen this happen from time to time. not sure why. Ive had my healer die from healing aggro while im pumping 3-4 DoLs out with no luck.

I've never had problems though if ive actually damaged a mob though, its normally for trash mobs that may have just joined the fight.

Cleric Tank

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

I've had issues where the snap threat was acting wonky on newly added mobs to the encounter. However, this just comes down to the remote healer / dps threat over the clerics 500% base threat + heals to those initial mobs. Just need to hit a lot of mobs at once or use Doctrine of Authority to snap them back to you without utilizing a taunt.
    Last edited by bctrainers; 02-06-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    --BC

this is probably not a bug, its something about heal threat, and its the reason why i can't tank the adds on akylios:

basically heal threat only works if you are already on the mobs aggro table, so when a bunch of adds spawn into the encounter i have to heal whoever they target before they die. which isn't very easy because DoL only heals 10 and reparation only heals 5 and they only heal the lowest HP people

so when i tank akylios adds, people die when the mobs spawn unless i get really lucky with heal aggro

if you can find a way to test it though by all means do so

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjahax View Post

What's going on?
    The only thing I can think of is if a WArden healer puts HOts on you but you then move out of DOL range of them and you pull your DOL won't land on them so mobs you don't hit will run right past you and attack the healer.

It could happen with a ranged DPS too, possibly hitting a mob then getting out of DOL range.

It's actualy a little frustrating and I consider healers that sit back so far or don't move with you to be pretty lazy.
    Last edited by Malark; 02-06-2012 at 12:29 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Redcruxs View Post
    this is probably not a bug, its something about heal threat, and its the reason why i can't tank the adds on akylios:

basically heal threat only works if you are already on the mobs aggro table, so when a bunch of adds spawn into the encounter i have to heal whoever they target before they die. which isn't very easy because DoL only heals 10 and reparation only heals 5 and they only heal the lowest HP people

so when i tank akylios adds, people die when the mobs spawn unless i get really lucky with heal aggro

if you can find a way to test it though by all means do so
    As soon as you toss a DOL heal on someone who has threat it should put you on the aggro table no?

General of Telara

I did find it indeed a bit "hard' to get all adds on Akylios, at least compared to other fights like Zilas/Prime where adds instantly switch to me as soon as they have an aggro table with just reparation's overheals (so when they get on bridge for Zilas)

But it's still a lot better than the days where EJ was our only reliable AE threat builder

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    I've seen this happen from time to time. not sure why. Ive had my healer die from healing aggro while im pumping 3-4 DoLs out with no luck.

I've never had problems though if ive actually damaged a mob though, its normally for trash mobs that may have just joined the fight.
    I had this exact problem as well. I was solo-tanking Vladmal Prime, and one Delver(diger?, the big guys you gotta slow and are taunt immune, w/e) ran right past me. Which is weird, cause I'm the closest target to the ramp where everything spawns.

Needless to say, it ran STRAIT for a healer that was one of the furthest people from the ramp. Cleaving for reparation/mandate procs and spamming DoL did nothing. Only happened with one mob, one time though.
    Last edited by Malbojia; 02-06-2012 at 03:38 PM.
    A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Malbojia View Post
    I had this exact problem as well. I was solo-tanking Vladmal Prime, and one Delver(diger?, the big guys you gotta slow and are taunt immune, w/e) ran right past me. Which is weird, cause I'm the closest target to the ramp where everything spawns.

Needless to say, it ran STRAIT for a healer that was one of the furthest people from the ramp. Cleaving for reparation/mandate procs and spamming DoL did nothing. Only happened with one mob, one time though.
    Just to clarify, if a mob is aggroed onto a healer, because they healer was healing me, that means the mob has aggro on me as well. So my threat should have been many orders of magnitude over the healers. >.>
    A little reading comprehension goes a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Malbojia View Post

This is exactly what I'm talking about. It's freak occurrences where DoL doesn't pick up threat like you would expect it to, but it's difficult to reproduce because it doesn't happen consistently.

Soulwalker

Same on grugo (hk) when i try to take the add (those who come from everywhere).
    Try 3 time, at the same moment (under 50%, first bump) the add didn't notice me and i need to hit them one time.

All my heal was useless - so strange because the other add didn't give me problems.
    (Sorry for the bad english)

Our cleric tank on Akylios noticed the same issue last night. DoL wasn't picking up adds like it was last week. Previously, he could just run around and snag all the adds with a few DoLs and have no issues hanging on to them. Last night, he said DoL felt sketchy and wasn't working the way it did last week.

/secondhandobservation
    4/4 FT 5/5 EE 4/4 GA 3/3 IG
    All HMs Cleared, FT & EE Conq

This has been happening to me recently too, perhaps it's a regression of the overheal bug?

Redcruxs was the one that found the bug perhaps someone can replicate the testing and see if maybe the bug snuck back in.
    Hedonism (Deepwood)

It's an aggro bug that exists with warrior tanks too. Sometimes, a mob will finish its queued up action prior to responding to its new highest threat target. It's really bad with warrior AOE taunts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast