+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Flame Keeper experience

Rift Chaser

Default New Flame Keeper experience

Hi everyone. I am a new healer. Just reached level 20. Because I am new, I opted for the Flame Keeper purpose that became available with 1.7. Flame keeper so far seems like a nice mix of heal boosters and additional crit chance.

I want to know if I am approaching my job properly because I have a hard time keeping my tank up in random instance boss fights without support. Group members can be pretty critical even though at level 20 I've only had a handful of opportunities to heal. Still really enjoying it.

For the most part, I try to keep ward of the ancestors on the tank and also keep healing spray ticking on him then cast restorative flame on the tank as quickly as it will channel. When it is available I cast an instacast healing breath too to give a few more seconds of life while channeling restorative flame. Problem is that three seconds for restorative flame casting seems an eternity when the tank is going down fast.

How can I incorporate flashover and searing transfusion into the mix most efficiently? Any other tips?

Thanks for reading.

Plane Touched

Sentinel has higher base heals, you might want to try that instead.

Also, it might be your gear and your tank gear.

Flamekeeper, or sentipuri is highly dependent on spellpower due to low innate heals and shields, however its high scaling.

Would recommend a senti-warden combo for earlier levels.

Having 20 points early into sentinel, you gain Healer's convenant which grants a hefty defensive buff early on, which purifier doesn't give. Weaving healing spray, healing current and healing invocation and notably healer's convenent (HC) will allow you to heal everything early on in the game.

Quietus if applied onto mana casters will allow your tank to take even less damage, and help large pulls.

Normally, you macro Touch the light and Healing invocation/Restorative flame together.

#show Touch the light
    cast Touch the light
    cast Healing invocation/Restorative flame (if you still are adamant about using flamekeeper :3)

Searing transfusion is a spell that is only really useful in raids, you can't use it as a oh**** spell since your tank's hp is low. It's only really good when there's an incoming spike damage like Matron's adds popping as an additional hp buffer.

Flashover should be macro'd into HI/RF,

#show Flashover
    cast Flashover
    cast Healing Invocation/Restorative flame
    Last edited by harrydesmart; 02-04-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Rift Chaser

Thanks a lot! I really appreciate this advice.

Rift Chaser

I went ahead and changed my spec to the senti-warden that you suggested. Going to give it a go.

Rift Chaser

From what I am reading into this, it looks like as soon as the tank pulls some agro, do the following:

instacast healing spray then healing current
    as hp starts to fall, cast healing invocation
    repeat above

If I fall behind, I can use the ToL/HI macro or healing breath as instacast hp boosts then back to above.
    Should healers covenent be mixed into regular healing or used as a saver? *Has two minute recast so not sure.

Looks like healing current is a nice way to top off dps people who take a few hits but are not sustaining damage.

Alternately healing breath could be used to heal non tanks because enraptured breath makes it aoe and then it benefits from protect the flock. Is that true?

I don't see a lot of use for healing grace, at 2 seconds to cast, healing currents seems better over all.
    Last edited by Yirk; 02-04-2012 at 08:37 PM.

Shadowlander

Spot on for everything there Yirk
    keep your hots up on the tank and use HI to keep them topped off (start casting it right away if your hots are up, you can always cancel the cast if it reaches near the end and the tank is still at full hp but you wont get caught short this way).

Instant HI is your catchup method, along with breath if needed although i prefer to keep that for topping off group members.

Healers Convenant is slightly trickier as it only works on damage that happens after the fact. Its best cast early on. Ie if you have a big pull use HC as the tank runs in, or if the boss is about to hit the tank with something hard and your behind alittle on the heals drop HC on them.

As far as the splash heal on HB procing protect the flock goes... honestly im not sure, my first thought would be no but im not 100% on that one.

Rift Chaser

Thanks for the advice. It makes a huge difference to start casting HI early. My biggest short coming before was that I was waiting for damage to occur to the tank then reacting to it. By then it was too hard to get the hp back up again.

If I cast healing spray then healing current then two healing invocations, it times perfectly to refresh the two hots.

ToL/HI combo seems to be plenty to recover the tank from the occasional fall behind if another party member needs healing from healing spray or healing breath.

At this point in the game I seem to have plenty of mana so over healing isn't an issue.

Good advice in this thread. Tonight was the first time running an instance where I felt that I could handle it with no support.
    Last edited by Yirk; 02-04-2012 at 09:54 PM.

Plane Touched

All aoe heals including reparation from justicar procs protect the flock.

Reason why senticars are so effective.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Yirk View Post
    Thanks for the advice. It makes a huge difference to start casting HI early. My biggest short coming before was that I was waiting for damage to occur to the tank then reacting to it. By then it was too hard to get the hp back up again.

If I cast healing spray then healing current then two healing invocations, it times perfectly to refresh the two hots.

ToL/HI combo seems to be plenty to recover the tank from the occasional fall behind if another party member needs healing from healing spray or healing breath.

At this point in the game I seem to have plenty of mana so over healing isn't an issue.

Good advice in this thread. Tonight was the first time running an instance where I felt that I could handle it with no support.
    Rift is alot like WoW was in Wrath.

You don't start casting a heal after the damage. Because if you did that tank could be dead before the next heal hit.

So you just spammed your big heal. It either went to over heal. Oh, well. Or it healing for something. Or it was a huge heal that was needed.

Rift is the same way. Unless the tank is WAY over geared waiting to see the tank damage is then to late.

You will be spamming. Believe me.

Until Trion changes how Bosses hit tanks. Which I don't see yet.

So get your spam shoes on. And don't stop until the Mobs or Boss is dead

Rift Disciple

You mentioned starting HI "as the tank starts going down" - never wait to watch the HP drop! Always be casting HI, even if the tank is at full - the idea is the get the heal off as soon as he takes damage, and if you're already halfway through the cast, you're a lot better off.

Preemptive healing is better than reactive healing. If you need to pop an ohsh** button, just interrupt the cast and hit it.

+ Reply to Thread