+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your thoughts on Embolden

Soulwalker

Default Your thoughts on Embolden

So my cleric will be hitting 50 soon, and I've been googling on some solid cleric builds, and decided to settle with Sent/Pur for a while until I gear up better and try different stuffs.

Despite numerous posts that it is a 'must' (even the Trion suggested prefixed talent tree includes this), one thing I'm hesitated to spend points on is the 'Embolden'

15 to 18 meters don't sound like a huge bonus, or... is it?

I usually get it.

I mean the alternative is +3% aoe healing. How many times is someone going to die because you aoe healed him but not enough and 3% more would have saved him? Vs. how many times is someone going to die because he was 3m out of range and you didn't heal him at all. Seems like the 2nd would be much more common.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    I usually get it.

I mean the alternative is +3% aoe healing. How many times is someone going to die because you aoe healed him but not enough and 3% more would have saved him? Vs. how many times is someone going to die because he was 3m out of range and you didn't heal him at all. Seems like the 2nd would be much more common.
    Some will say a large area is better.

If you can't reach them it doesn't matter how big the heal is they die.

Quote Originally Posted by neocccx View Post
    So my cleric will be hitting 50 soon, and I've been googling on some solid cleric builds, and decided to settle with Sent/Pur for a while until I gear up better and try different stuffs.

Despite numerous posts that it is a 'must' (even the Trion suggested prefixed talent tree includes this), one thing I'm hesitated to spend points on is the 'Embolden'

15 to 18 meters don't sound like a huge bonus, or... is it?
    Going from 15 to 18 meter means you are increasing the area you cover with the heal by 44%. With the recent changes, most spell were increased to 20m base. So, going from 20m to 23m is a 32% increase in the area covered.

I get it to increase the range on surging flames
    Where's the Auction House to buy more DPS for my cleric?

+ Reply to Thread