+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shaman Battle Charge

Shadowlander

Default Shaman Battle Charge

I've got to say,
    I was running Shaman before 1.7 quite often,
    and never have I Battle Charged myself into boss cleave so often since last night.

This isn't me battle charging the boss while facing its front.

Example:

Sicaron - I had to place the first idol in the corner,
    turned back around,
    Battle Charged (while facing Sicaron's back),
    and wound up next to the tank and got cleaved.

This kind of thing was happening more often than not.

Anyone else having issues with Battle Charge going further than it probably should?

Ascendant

I used it on 2 fights yesterday, one being Sicaron, and didn't see this issue. Maybe don't charge during Moldering Decay? Not sure. I charged after placing idol with 0 issues.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Bluelightt View Post
    I used it on 2 fights yesterday, one being Sicaron, and didn't see this issue. Maybe don't charge during Moldering Decay? Not sure. I charged after placing idol with 0 issues.
    A little off topic,
    but I assume because you are 11/11 in HK that you have Shaman 4 piece crystal.

How much does it help?
    I am about 20 GMA from finding out ^_^

But on topic,
    just seems strange that it had me Battle Charge through the boss to the other side,
    and not just to his back.
    Shatterbone - Defiant
    Nefi - Kelari Cleric
    Shaman, Shamicar, Inquisitor, Inquisicar, Full Warden
    Deephallow Brewers - 11/11 HK & 4/4 RotP

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nefiii View Post
    A little off topic,
    but I assume because you are 11/11 in HK that you have Shaman 4 piece crystal.

How much does it help?
    I am about 20 GMA from finding out ^_^

But on topic,
    just seems strange that it had me Battle Charge through the boss to the other side,
    and not just to his back.
    People like Gilg/Sarrom can answer this better than me, I don't do extensive testing like he does. I know it does help but its not overwhelming like the Inquisitor was. Maybe that has changed now I don't know. It does help keep Brutalized stacks up to a degree since its RNG if you can keep them at 3 or not and more hits from faster GCD = better chance.

It makes all the difference rocking that crystal. I also have noticed that sometimes the end of the charge is placing me in FRONT of the mob instead of "BEHIND" the target. Also parsed #1 on the Sic fight last night as a Shaman -have 6 piece HK with 4 relics and the crystal.Right behind me in the parse where all our Rogues and at the bottom was the Warriors.
    HK 11/11 ID 2/9
    Elsie- Cleric of Vindicated Guardian/Deepstrike server

Quote Originally Posted by Thramor View Post
    It makes all the difference rocking that crystal. I also have noticed that sometimes the end of the charge is placing me in FRONT of the mob instead of "BEHIND" the target. Also parsed #1 on the Sic fight last night as a Shaman -have 6 piece HK with 4 relics and the crystal.Right behind me in the parse where all our Rogues and at the bottom was the Warriors.
    What DPS did you do? Our rogues were all on top with about ~4900dps

Cleric Tank

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Thramor View Post

That won't last for long
    Not saying you won't be #1 DPS, but the warriors at the bottom wont last for long lol.
    They got broken but are getting fixed (is what the warrior dev says).
    It is real nice though to see clerics actually competing with rogues, warriors, and mages rather than with just other clerics.

But I can't wait for the 4 piece now
    Shatterbone - Defiant
    Nefi - Kelari Cleric
    Shaman, Shamicar, Inquisitor, Inquisicar, Full Warden
    Deephallow Brewers - 11/11 HK & 4/4 RotP

Ascendant

That won't last for long
    Not saying you won't be #1 DPS, but the warriors at the bottom wont last for long lol.
    They got broken but are getting fixed (is what the warrior dev says).
    It is real nice though to see clerics actually competing with rogues, warriors, and mages rather than with just other clerics.

But I can't wait for the 4 piece now
    From what I saw in our guild last night...Rogues were pretty far ahead of other classes, Mages took a small nerf as I was about even with ones that usually beat me by 200ish or so, and Warriors can't be commented on because they are apparently bugged and their parses certainly reflected that.

Rift Disciple

Have a hard time seeing shaman topping dmg,
    Our rogues where doing 4.7-5k last night :s
    <Addiction>
    Trasgress - Greybriar - #1 Cleric Tank - How to Inquis in pvp

Shadowlander

I've got to say,
    I was running Shaman before 1.7 quite often,
    and never have I Battle Charged myself into boss cleave so often since last night.

This isn't me battle charging the boss while facing its front.

Example:

Sicaron - I had to place the first idol in the corner,
    turned back around,
    Battle Charged (while facing Sicaron's back),
    and wound up next to the tank and got cleaved.

This kind of thing was happening more often than not.

Anyone else having issues with Battle Charge going further than it probably should?
    They made a change a few patches ago that changed where we land on a hit box with charge abilities. I play a warrior as my main and it has screwed me up so bad in pvp; I liked it better the way it was before. I constantly go through my target with my back facing them and then my camera goes haywire when I try to turn back around.

Telaran

I am a new Cleric so only just started using it. On open world Mobs their momentum and/or your momentum results in me going slight past them so we r overlapped and have to back up or turn around to be able to hit them. So if you are coming from the back and ending up in front that is most likely the same problem.

Sword of Telara

Are you pushing "Forward" for the entire charge?

A lot of skills/effects that launch you through the air will still allow you to gain/lose distance by moving a certain direction. Try charging and not pressing a single movement key and see if it works properly.

A great example of this is the waves on Akylios. It's possible to get hit and still not get knocked off by being a stubborn fool and pressing forward against the wave for its entire duration.
    Last edited by Jinjah; 02-02-2012 at 05:15 PM.
    <Destiny Raiders>@Icewatch
    4/4 5/5

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

Charges in general are pretty dangerous to use on a boss with cleaves especially if the tank is moving the boss when you're charging or you're not sure where you'll end up. The worst thing is when you charge and your camera gets completely turned around. I've had that happen to me numerous times.

Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    What DPS did you do? Our rogues were all on top with about ~4900dps
    With a sub-par Sigil I was pulling 4K DPS. our top Rogue was doing 3.9K DPS (no clue what spec he was to be honest). This is also with getting Contracts 3 times so I had to range him a few times ;)
    HK 11/11 ID 2/9
    Elsie- Cleric of Vindicated Guardian/Deepstrike server

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by WriteThemWrong View Post
    Charges in general are pretty dangerous to use on a boss with cleaves especially if the tank is moving the boss when you're charging or you're not sure where you'll end up. The worst thing is when you charge and your camera gets completely turned around. I've had that happen to me numerous times.
    That's the worst thing ever if you're a keyboard turner. It's completely disorienting and you lose a couple seconds because of it.

+ Reply to Thread